Chapter 1 – The Skygod is Dead
942 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Planet Cionis- Six am

On the grassy plains of a vast flatland, an ancient stone temple stood. Outside the temple, an old sorcerer and sixty robed-mages converged in a circle to complete a summoning ritual. And as the mages chanted, the sorcerer held up an oval-shaped crystal before he spoke. 

“My fellow believers. Look above you,” he said as everyone glanced up at blackened clouds. “As you can see, the Skygod is dead. And with his death, we’ve completed the summoning of our one true god.”

But before any man could cheer, a commotion stirred on the edge of the crowd. “The mist holds energy! Ready yourselves!” men yelled.

“Mist?” The old sorcerer, surprised by the outburst, gazed out at a fast-moving fog rolling toward the mages and the temple. “What is that?”

As the fog lifted in front of the crowd, it revealed a broken man with bloody stumps for arms kneeling on the grass. The sorcerer and the crowd recognized the man as Pellias. A strong and loyal warrior mage who would not go down easily.

“Is that Pellias? Has he been defeated?” The crowd muttered.

Just then, three beautiful young women stepped out of the mist and stood behind Pellias. The women were dressed in noble hunting attire. To include capes, boots, and individually styled hats. And when the ladies revealed their faces they were of different origins. The first woman on the left was a tan-skinned Southerner with dark hair. On the right stood an almond-eyed Eastern woman with ink-black hair. And in the middle stood a Northern woman with golden-brown hair. And as each lady gazed at the crowd, they flashed grins across their pleasant faces before one spoke. “You there, Pellias,” said the North woman. “Is that old sorcerer by the temple your master?”

“Ah,” the no-armed Pellias grunted while rising to his feet.

“So he is? Then what are you waiting for?” The woman continued. “Go forth and show the sorcerer his fate if he doesn't give us the summoning crystal.” 

As the North woman spoke, a blast of wind pushed Pellias toward the crowd. “Aaah,” the man cried.

The circle of mages looked on in anger. “Who are these girls that did this to Pellias? Warriors, prepare for battle!” One ordered as each man then stood in a defensive formation while chanting a variety of attack spells to launch at the caped ladies. “You witches will pay!"

But the broken man named Pellias rushed forward. “No, my brothers, you must flee this place!” He shouted. And as he ran closer, all witnessed his brutal condition. For not only were his arms missing, so were his left ear and right eye. Yet he pushed on, screaming at the men. “Brothers, flee from this place. For these women are not of this world! They’re not human! They’re Valkyri-aaaaah!” Pellias cried as a cold wind sliced his head from his neck.

“Pellias!” The sorcerer shouted as the headless corpse dropped to the ground. He then glared at the three women. "Comrades! Don't hold back. Those women are elementals!"

“We are more than elementals, priest," said the Southern woman. She then raised her hand to reveal a hill-sized wave of water behind her. 

“By hell’s gates.” The sorcerer reared back while clutching the oval crystal. He then shouted, “Mages, destroy them!”

“At once!" the mages replied while chanting incantations, “Darkness infinity; Iron hand punch; Time severing-slice!” After that, the mages released their attacks at once. “Die, non-believers!”

Unfazed by the threats, the three women advanced as a bombardment of violent magic flew at them. But the Southern beauty merely smirked. She then waved her hand and crashed the wall of water down in front of the warrior mages. Thus blocking their spells and destroying their defensive lines. 

“Aaaah!” The mages screamed as the waterfall knocked them backward. With some men submerged until they drowned. And as the lake passed, many survivors scrambled to their feet to launch another spell attack. “Hurry brothers, we can stop these infid-” But it was all for nothing as the black-haired Eastern girl stepped forward with a nod. And at that moment, a barrage of fireballs dropped from the sky and incinerated the last mages on the battlefield. “Graaaah!”

Three

Gazing at the carnage, the black-haired fire-starter shook her head. “These people weren’t ready for us.”

“Even if they were, it wouldn’t have helped, hee hee!” the Southern woman joked. 

“Now now, dear sisters,” said the North woman. “Let’s laugh later. We still need the summoning crystal." She then turned and advanced toward the sorcerer. “Alright, old man. Give it to us.”

“Ah?” The sorcerer backed up and cast a double-walled magic shield in front of him. The sorcerer then berated the ladies. “You foul creatures. I know what you are! And since your Skygod is dead that means you and your kind can no longer exist!” 

“If that's true, then you have nothing to fear,” the North woman said, just as four winds sliced the magic shield wall to pieces. 

“By the unholy!” the sorcerer swore while clutching the crystal. But the three ladies kept advancing. “No!" he cried. "You are too late. The ritual is complete. You can’t have the crystal!” The sorcerer turned to run inside the temple. But as he took one step, a flashing wind sliced his legs off. “Aaaaaah!” He screamed as the North woman appeared and snatched the crystal out of his hand. 

“Shut up, dead man. You had your chance,” said the North woman, as all three ladies circled the crystal. But as they did another odd event occurred.

“ARRrrrroOOOOOoooo!” howled a voice in the distance. 

“Eh?” The dying sorcerer grunted as he and the three ladies gazed at a fast-moving streak on the horizon. “Is that a wolf?”

“Yes,” the North woman answered while stepping on the sorcerer's back. “And it's charging at us for an attack.”

…..

 

 

30