Chapter 4 – Princess
510 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sheltered

Before the next class, the Krieger sisters met to talk by the school’s main office. To keep their conversation private they spoke Norwegian.

“This is an interesting place, is it not, dear sisters?” Angel asked, gesturing to the school itself.

“Yes, it’s filled with warmth,” Cassia agreed. “But more importantly, Emilia Dade. She’s definitely the one.”

“Yeah, she is,” Mina answered. “You both felt her power. It's intoxicating.”

“Indeed. And we’ll need all of it to succeed,” Angel said. “But how strange that such power resides in a mere girl. Most unexpected.”

“Yes,” Cassia nodded. “And it appears seduction is the key to releasing the power.”

“I’d say so.” Mina agreed. 

“Of course, you would. Since Emilia seems most smitten with you, dear sister,” Angel said to Mina. “Then again, you've always attracted the sweet ones.”

“I do like candy.” 

“Hee, hee.” Cassia covered her mouth. “Now, now, sisters. Let’s remain civil. But I do have a question. Why is Emilia’s hair white? Is it related to the power?”

“She said it’s white because she’s cursed,” Mina answered.

“Please,” Angel snapped. “Emilia and every girl in this place are too sheltered to be cursed. If anything she’s blessed. I mean, look around. They have it all.”

“Yes, I’m enjoying this wonderful place,” Cassia said. “And I know you two are as well.”

“What? Here? Maybe,” Mina and Angel shrugged, looking away.

“Mhm, that’s what I thought.” Cassia smiled. “However, let’s stay focused if we are to survive.”

“That’s the plan,” Angel said.  

“Alright, so I’d better go since I have art with Emilia,” Cassia said before kissing Angel and Mina on the cheek. But as she hurried away Angel called out to her. 

“Dear Cassia, do find out Emilia’s interests.”

“I already planned to. We can’t be friends with her if we don’t know what she enjoys. And besides, unlike you two, I appreciate getting to know people.”

“Hey, I like people,” Mina pouted.

“Of course you do, dear sister. Anyway, I love you both.”

“We love you too. See you at lunch,” Angel said. After that, Cassia ran up the stairs. 

Inspiration

Emilia arrived early to the art class. And as soon as she sat down she began writing notes for a story idea. But that stopped when sister Cassia floated into the room, and all eyes shifted to her.

“♪ Hello Ms. Teacher, my name is Cassia Krieger. ♫ I’m a new student,” she sang the words with the lightest voice. And with her hand bashfully covering her mouth as she smiled, Emilia confirmed that Cassia was the girliest of the three sisters. “Tee, hee!”

“Heh, heh,” Emilia chuckled watching the beauty interact before calling out to her. “Hi Cassia, I saved you a seat.”

“Emilia, you’re such a dear,” Cassia said while also conversing with a variety of girls. They asked her everything from what night cream she used to if her eyebrows were plucked. “My eyebrows are quite natural, thank you.” After the commotion, Cassia sat down on a stool with a drawing easel in front. She eyed the blank white page and the pencils attached below. 

“I think we’re drawing a model today,” Emilia said. “But don’t worry if-”

“I’m not worried. I love illustrating,” Cassia said. “But I’m more interested in what you’re writing so intensely.”

“Oh.” Emilia covered the notebook. “It’s nothing.”

“I’m sure that’s not true.”

“Well.” Emilia pushed up her glasses. “I’m supposed to give a reading next week in my theater club so we can decide the best play to put on before winter break.” 

“Wait, you write plays?” Cassia asked.

“I write stories. And yes, I hope to put one on as-”

“What kind of stories? Love stories?”

“Well, funny you should mention that. I started drafting a story today with romance in it.” 

“Is it a story about an elder gentleman musician and a clever young man who tries to learn the secrets of his songs? But at the same time, love blossoms between them?” Cassia asked with her eyes closed and a blushing smile.

“What?” Emilia’s jaw dropped at Cassia’s obvious Boys Love story description. Which only made Emilia like her more. Because, Yay, Fujos unite. However, “No, this story doesn’t have any males in it. Just girls.”

“Oh, well that’s fine too. I’m sure the girls will have character.”

“They certainly are characters,” she replied before putting away her notebook. For although Emilia was happy that Cassia took an interest in her work, she was embarrassed to admit the story was inspired by individuals she’d met today.

Figure

The art teacher gave a quick lecture about line-art and basic pencil shading. She then asked if the model was ready to pose. That’s when two students stepped out of a changing room in the back. Toska and Suyeon. Pretty girls and members of the fashion club. And they seemed to have a problem.

"What's the issue?" The teacher asked.

"Slight change in plans," Toska said. She then turned and faced Cassia. "Hi, I know this is your first day of school and all, but you are so beautiful."

"Eh?" Cassia turned red. Appearing not to have expected the sudden compliment. "Thank you. But I don't know what I did to deserve that."

"Actually, it's what we're hoping you could do," Suyeon said while pulling out and displaying a blue floral print dress with orange tint shading.

Cassia's eyes widened. "By the heavens, it's beautiful!"

"Do you really think so?" Toska asked, excited. 

"Yes! Did you make it? And can I wear it?"

"Yes I did, and we'd love you to wear it right now!" Both Toska and Suyeon said at the same time, giddy with excitement.

The two fashion club members went on to explain that they wanted to photograph a real model in the dress to put on their online site. And as luck would have it, the prettiest girl ever just transferred into art class today.

"No, that’s not me. I'm just an ordinary girl!" Cassia cried. But no one listened.

So after a quick discussion with the teacher, Cassia raced to put on the dress. And when she exited the changing room every student in the class sat awestruck. 

“Wow, she looks amazing!” The students all buzzed because Cassia was special. She was tall, slim, bronze, and beyond gorgeous. In other words, she was a living princess. And while wearing the form-fit, flowing dress, the whole class treated her as one.

As for Emilia, the more Cassia smiled the happier Emilia felt. As if they were on the same vibe. But Emilia didn't question the euphoria overtaking her this time. She accepted it and poured it into her illustration. And in the back of her mind, she'd also discovered the perfect object of affection for her story.

A beautiful princess…

 

___

 

Cassia in Ball Gown- illustrated by Nyan_sempai

23