Chapter 13 – The Idols of Fairfield
269 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Diner

After an hour of shopping and wandering the mall, Emilia and Mina met the other girls at the trendiest diner in the food court. Once seated, the six ladies ate waffle fries, sipped shakes, and chatted about what to do next.

“Wait, so you guys live in a house? Alone? With no parents?” Toska asked the Krieger sisters.

“Yes, it’s just the three of us,” Angel answered. “And Cassia is all the parents we need.” 

“Ayup,” Mina agreed.

“This is true, I do fuss after my sisters,” Cassia said. “Because if I don’t they’ll either make trouble or be lazy.”

“Haha, spoken like a true older sister, and I’m so jealous,” Suyeon said. “Meanwhile, my mom is a helicopter parent that needs to know where I am and what I’m doing at all hours of the day. She’d never let me live alone.”

“Same with me,” Toska said. She then eyed the Kriegers. “But you girls have your own house. That means you can make a photo studio in your living room.”

“Why would we do that?” Angel asked. 

“Because that way you can model all of your cute clothes and put the pics on a Style-o-gram account!” 

“Oh my, yes!” Cassia beamed. “I just started a Style-o-gram the other day. And I already have fifteen followers with just the one photo of the dress from art class. But I’m afraid we don't own photo lights like the ones in class.”

“That’s no problem. I can visit your house with my lights tonight. If that’s ok?” Suyeon asked. 

“If you mean visit like a party? Then yes, please come!” Cassia said. “We can order food. But we don’t have much to drink.”

“I’ll take care of that,” Toska said. “My older sister works at a catering hall. She’s always bringing home wine from the events. I have like six bottles of red and white,” she whispered. 

“Underage drinking? How scandalous! I can’t wait!” Cassia said. 

“Yes, even I would like to sample the wine of this land,” Angel said, thus confirming a get-together at the Krieger house tonight.

During the conversation, Emilia smiled but stayed quiet. Mina then elbowed her. 

“You’re invited tonight,” Mina said. 

“I know, and I’m happy,” Emilia said. “It’s just I’ve never been to a fashion party, so I don’t know if I fit in.”

“You more than fit in,” Cassia interrupted. “And you will be photographed, right Toska?”

“You sure will, Em,” Toska said. “In fact, I’m gonna bring three short-cut baby doll dresses that would look adorable on you.”

“Eeep!” Emilia covered her face in panic. But deep down, she was excited to party with the girls. And to maybe sip a little wine. Just a sip.

Pregame

After eating at the fancy diner, the six students agreed to meet at the sisters’ house later to have a fashion party. Emilia took the time to go home and complete her homework. I’m still catching up. Once finished, she showered, dressed, and then arrived at the Krieger house by four pm. And like the last time, Cassia opened the door before Emilia could knock. 

“Hi, Em!” Cassia greeted while wearing a form-fitting dark blue dress, silver earrings, and her hair done and big.

“Oh, wow.” Emilia couldn’t take her eyes off of Cassia. “You look so beautiful!” 

“Thank you.” Cassia blushed. “Toska did my makeup and this is one of Suyeon’s dresses.” 

“I see.” As Emilia stepped into the house, she noticed two soft-box lights in the living room, and a white sheet hung up as a background. “I guess you guys started already.”

“Yeah, we couldn’t wait. But come on in!”

“Ok.” Emilia stepped over to the kitchen and spotted Mina with a hot curler in her hair and Toska applying her makeup. “Ah!” The sight floored Emilia. “Mina, you’re so…”

“What? Girly?” Mina smiled. “Don’t act surprised.”

“I’m not. It’s just,” Emilia blushed. “You clean up well.”

“Yes, she does!” Toska said. 

But as beautiful as Mina and Cassia were. Emilia wasn’t ready when Angel stepped into the kitchen from the back room. 

“Hello Emilia. Let me ask you something,” Angel greeted with her usual scowl as the fiery sister stunned everyone while wearing a shoulder-less peach gown with floral crystal patterns. “Do you think this formal dress will appeal to young ladies on social media?” 

“Ah...” Was all Emilia could say as she stood transfixed on Angel. “Oh my, you Kriegers are all so gorgeous.”

“Hmm?” Angel tilted her head. “Do you like the dress? Because Suyeon said I’ll need a Style-o-gram account to display my fashion sense to attract votes. I find it all silly, actually. Uh, Emilia?” 

“Huh?” Emilia snapped to attention after losing herself in the vision of Angel and the others in fashion attire. “Sorry. And yes, Suyeon is right. You need social media so student voters can identify with you. As for the dress, it’s radiant. And you’re gonna get a lot of followers when you post that pic.”

“Oh?” Angel blushed. “Thank you, Emilia.”

“Angel, we already told you how ravishing you look,” Cassia said while retrieving two glasses from the cupboard. 

“Yeah, why are you doubting us?” Mina teased. 

“I’m not!” Angel huffed. “And I do find Toska and Suyeon’s fashion taste quite alluring.”

“Thank you, Angel,” Toska and Suyeon sang with smiles. 

“You’re both welcome. And this dress is beautiful. But it doesn’t hurt to ask for another opinion, hmph!”

“Yes, yes, dear sister,” Cassia then retrieved a red wine bottle from a cabinet and poured two glasses. “Would you like a taste before we take pictures?”

“Very much so!” Angel smiled and took the glass. She then took a deep sip. “Aaah, that is bitter. And I do like it.” She then glanced at Emilia and pointed at the second glass. “Come, Emilia. Have a sample.”

“...Ok.” Nervous, Emilia walked to the table and picked up the glass. She then took a whiff of the contents. “Fermented dark grapes.”

“Yes, that’s what wine is,” Angel said with a stare. Pressuring Emilia to drink up.

“Right.” Emilia then took a sip and livened up. “Oh, it’s good. Sharp, with a sweet aftertaste,” she said, taking another sip. 

“Careful. It’ll put hair on your chest,” Mina joked. 

“Eeep, no!” Emilia cried. She then took a modest gulp. “It tastes good, though.”

“Yes, it does.” Angel winked before downing the whole glass and slamming it on the table. “Anyway, it’s time for my photo session!” She declared as Suyeon led her into the living room to start.

Shindig 

Within an hour, the party was in full swing. The fashion club, the Kriegers, and even Emilia were painted with makeup, placed in earrings, and fitted into the cutest dresses from Toska and Suyeon’s seemingly endless collection of clothes. 

“Where did you get all these outfits?” Emilia asked Suyeon. 

“I have two older fashionista sisters. Most of these dresses are theirs that they’ve only worn once or never.”

“Oh.” Emilia, now tipsy from the wine, shook her head. “It seems like a waste to buy all of this stuff and not wear it.”

“Yeah, that’s why we’re showing it off on Style-o-gram so the world can see us in them,” Suyeon replied while pouring wine for herself and Emilia. 

“Thank you! And I agree. Cheers!” The two students clinked glasses as a toast. Emilia spilled a little. “Oh, not good.” She then sat down on the couch and wiped her glasses while smiling at the scene around her. All the girls were laughing, blasting music, looking beautiful, snapping selfies, and discussing all kinds of stuff.

"Wait? So Cassia isn't your real name?" Toska asked. 

"Cassia is just a shorter nickname my sisters call me."

"Really? So what's your full name?"

"My name is Cassiopeia."

"Eh?" Emilia melted upon hearing the royal name.

"It doesn't sound silly in your language does it?" Cassia asked with a concerned look.

"No, Cassia. Your name is a constellation. And nothing you ever do is silly," Emilia replied. 

"Hee, hee! Thank you, Emilia. But I'm sure that's the wine talking!"

"That means she needs more of it," Angel said, appearing from nowhere with a bottle in hand. “Here Emilia, let’s kill the rest.” 

“Ok,” Emilia cheered while Angel shared the last drops of wine from the bottle. Until Toska called out to her.

“Angel, can I get some shots with your hair up?”

“But of course!”

While Angel ran to get photographed, Emilia sipped the last of the wine while watching the sisters all pose for the camera. And she was happy since the day turned out great. But while Emilia sat, her eyes grew heavy. It appeared that waking up early, drinking, and partying took a toll on the sixteen-year-old. No Emilia, don’t fall asleep, we’re having fun! She told herself. But as her head bobbed she re-focused. Ok, I won’t sleep. I’ll just rest my eyes for a moment, she insisted. And that worked until she passed out. By then, the last image she saw was Angel in that pretty dress.

 

 

Angel - Illustrated by Nyan-sempai

17