Chapter 20 – You Guys Have Wine?
135 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Band

As Skye walked with the Krieger sisters to their house, she explained the actual purpose of the summoning crystal, and why they were all students on Earth.

“So, it’s not really a summoning crystal per se. It’s more like a transport device. A goddess named Hecate made it so that celestial refugees could escape to Earth during a crisis.”  

“I think we qualify for that crisis,” Cassia said as they approached a burgundy house. 

“I guess.” Skye shrugged. “But either way, part of the rules is that the crystal interacts with the world and gives you what you need when you arrive. In our case, the world decided we needed to be students at Mount Castle High.”

“So, we're fated to be here?” Mina asked.

“No, our fates are our own,” Skye answered. "The world was just picking a side when it gave us passports and school uniforms."

“Glad to know we're the good guys,” Cassia said while walking toward the porch of a one-story house. 

"That's up for debate," Skye joked while following the sisters into the home. But when she entered the spacious living room her jaw dropped. “Are you kidding me? The world gave you this great house while I’m living in a studio fifteen minutes from the school?” 

“Are you jealous?” Angel asked. 

“Yes, I’m jealous!” Skye shook her head. “I mean, I’m the one trying to save the planet.”

“There’s only one of you. How much space do you need?” Cassia asked. 

“Not much, but it’s the principle of the matter,” Skye answered, touching the furniture. “And I was fine with my apartment until I walked in here.” She then stepped into the kitchen. “Sheesh! You guys even have a garbage disposal in your sink. I don’t have one.” 

“Good! And since you’re sniffing around, perhaps you’d like to see the bathroom,” Angel said with a sly grin. 

“The bathroom? What’s in it?

“Hee. Let me show you.” Angel smiled as she led Skye to the back. 

THE BATHROOM

“Holy cow! You guys have a freaking hot tub?” Skye lit up as she bounced over to inspect the large, six-person tank. “Man, this world spoiled you girls.”

“Yes it did," Angel said. "However, instead of being resentful, you should be thankful for your little studio apartment. Hm, hm, hm!” 

“Yeah, you’re right. And I do like my place.” Skye examined the tub’s control buttons. “But this bathroom is awesome.”

“We’re glad you like it,” Mina said before turning to Cassia. “Sis, I’m starving. Where’s the menu for that Thai place?”

“It’s under the empty wine bottles by the fridge.”

“Hold on.” Skye stood straight. “You guys have wine?”

“Eh?” The sisters all gaped in surprise before Mina answered. “There’s a bottle of red left.”

“Oh cool. Let’s open it,” Skye said, smiling.

“Hello, we’re not here to party with you!” Angel snarled. But her sister's disregarded her.

“Yeah, it was a long day," Mina said, heading to the kitchen. "I’ll get the bottle and the menu.” 

“Mina, we're only having one glass!” Cassia fussed. “It’s a school night.”

“Ok, no prob,” she said. However, the hospitality for Skye flustered Angel.

“Why are you both entertaining this girl?” Angel asked, pointing at Skye. “Who’s side are you on?”

“Aw, Angel-cake, quit complaining,” Skye said while letting her hair down and unbuttoning her shirt. “A sip of wine takes the edge off.”

“What’s that?” Angel turned to fuss at Skye but stopped short when the pretty girl wiggled out of her skirt to reveal black panties that matched her black stockings. Angel gaped at her. “Hello, why are you stripping?”

“So I can take a bath.” Skye smiled. She then turned on the water to fill the tub.

“My my," Cassia chuckled at the two while exiting the bathroom. "I'll fetch some towels.” 

“Cassia, you too?” Angel asked, exasperated.

“You’re outnumbered, Angel-cake,” Skye said while sliding off her stockings to reveal her tight legs and round-ass. She then grinned at Angel. “So, are you going to join me, or just stare at me?"

“Tch!” Angel pouted and slipped off her shoes.

 

TEN MINUTES LATER

“Aaaah! This bath feels great!” Skye beamed while soaking in the hot tub with a glass of wine in hand. She then splashed water at Angel. “It's perfect for my sore body since you beat me up, Angel-cake!” 

“Hardly. And stop calling me that.” Angel scowled while shielding her wine from the splash.

“But I like it! Anyway, cheers!” Skye clinked her glass with the other girls before taking a sip. “Mmm. This is dry.”

“Yes, with lots of tannins and earth fruits for flavor,” Cassia agreed. She then sat up in the tub. “But now that we’ve offered you our hospitality, perhaps you can share more information about Emilia.”

“Aw, that sweet little god-contractor,” Skye said.

“What does that mean?” Mina asked. 

“It means exactly that,” Skye answered. “If a celestial being, such as you three, wish to become gods, then you have to make a contract with Emilia. If she agrees, she’ll give you her power.”

“But what does Emilia get in return?”

“Nothing. She dies,” Skye said, licking the red wine out of the glass. She then glared at the Krieger sisters who all looked away. “I mean, what else did you think would happen if you took her power?”

The tub fell silent before Mina spoke up. “We don’t know you. So we don't have to believe you.”

“Believe what you want. But I have no reason to lie,” Skye said, squinting. But just as she spoke, the front doorbell rang. 

Ding Dong!

“Hmm?” Angel sat up. “That can’t be the food delivery. We just ordered it.”

“Oh, crap!” Mina jumped out of the tub. 

“Mina, who's at the door?” Cassia asked. 

“It’s Emilia. I forgot that I invited her here after school,” Mina said while wrapping herself in a towel and running out of the bathroom. 

Skye chuckled. “Wow. Speak of the devil.”

“Yes, and then you appeared,” Angel said, pouring another glass of wine.

School Harmony

After Emilia rang the Krieger’s doorbell, she listened with unease. She texted and then called Mina while walking to the house, but wondered if she was even home. Just then, Mina opened and stood in the doorway soaking wet and wrapped in a towel. 

“Emilia, Come in,” Mina said. “I was just in the tub.”

“Oh, sorry to interrupt. I called you a few minutes earlier.”

“Yeah, my phone’s in the kitchen. Me and my sisters were busy.”

“Where are they now?”

“Um.” Mina paused and turned. “They’re still in the bath. But anyway, thanks for coming.”

“No problem.” 

Mina walked Emilia to the bedroom. Once inside, Mina dropped her towel and wiggled into a pair of panties. Emilia enjoyed watching. But as Mina made herself decent, Emilia heard voices laughing in the bathroom. A moment later, the bathroom door opened and out stepped Angel, Cassia, and Skye Martinez wrapped in towels. 

“Hi, Em!” Cassia greeted. “Hello Emilia,” Angel greeted. “Oh, hey Emilia!” Skye waved with a smile before poking Angel. “Cake, loan me some underwear.”

“Stop calling me that. And why should I loan you anything when you can walk home without them.”

“What? You can't let me go commando,” Skye frowned. “What if the wind blows and everyone sees my stuff?”

“Would you care?” Angel grinned. 

“Angel!” Cassia frowned at her and turned to Skye. “We have a new pack of underwear in the bedroom for you.”

“Thank you, Cassia!” Skye smiled and then stuck her tongue out at Angel. “You meanie.”

“Yes, yes.” The three girls then walked into a separate bedroom to get dressed. 

Meanwhile, Emilia stood speechless at the scene before asking Mina. “Hi, what’s going on? I could've sworn you Kriegers didn’t like Skye.”

“Heh,” Mina chuckled. “And I told you that wasn’t the case. Besides, as you can obviously see, Skye likes Angel, heh heh!”

“Ah! I think you’re right!” Emilia thought back to that morning. When Angel and Skye had their tit-for-tat in both homeroom and in government class. Skye only really gave grief to Angel. “But what’s Skye doing here now?”

“Oh, Angel invited her to meet after school. Then some things happened. After that, we all came back here, poured wine, and took a bath.” Mina shrugged. 

“Ah.” Emilia nodded. “So just a typical day in the Krieger household, eh?” 

“Ayup.” 

“Heh, I don't need details,” Emilia laughed while glancing up at Mina. “But I’m glad you made friends with Skye. And it’s good to see you smile after the way you looked today.”

“Ah, yeah.” Mina shook her head. “I deserved how I looked earlier today.”

“I don’t know about that. But everyone knows you kinda broke up with Stephanie at lunch.”

“Everyone sure talks a lot.”

“Well, it’s a small school and you and Stephanie are noticeable.” Emilia then pinched Mina’s waist. “Is that why you invited me here tonight? To talk about her?”

“Err…” Mina frowned. “Not entirely. But I will come clean and admit that I do like her.” 

“I know you do.” Emilia frowned. “I always knew. Because, unlike the other girls, you glow when you talk to Stephanie.”

“I glow when I talk to you,” Mina defended.

“You do, but in a different way. And believe me, Stephanie sees that too, hahaha!” Emilia laughed, even though she wanted to be sad that Mina was talking about another girl. But for some reason, she wasn’t that upset. Nor too jealous. “Mina, I already told you how I felt. So if you want Stephanie, that’s kinda your business.”

“Yes, I know. But I wanted to come clean to you about her. And I told her if she can’t accept me hanging out with you then me and her should just be friends. This way I put the ball in her court, you know?”

“Yeah, I get it. You make it her problem if she can’t deal with it. But my question is what about you, Mina?”

“What about me?” Mina appeared perplexed. “Am I not doing the right thing?” 

Emilia smiled. For even though Mina and her sisters were the extents of her experience, she’d read enough romance novels to know the Stephanie situation could be salvaged for everyone’s benefit. Emilia then took a breath before giving a speech. 

“Mina, it’s all your fault that I'm the way I am now. Addicted to your hugs and company. I also blame your sisters, but mostly you.” She then hugged Mina.

“I can dig it,” Mina purred, hugging her back. 

“I’m even tolerant of you being with Stephanie, so long as you and I are still friends.”

“We’ve already established that.” 

“Yes, we have.” Emilia nodded. “However, school social structure has its own rules. Rules that can outcast even a popular and pretty girl like you. And one of those rules is not to be a depressed-ex.”

“A depressed-ex?” Mina muttered. 

“Yes. Depressed-ex girls like you. Walking around gloomy and barely saying a word to Stephanie, like you did in gym today. That gives her a reason to stay away from you. It also allows others to talk bad about you. And that’s bad for everyone.”

“Yeah, well. It’s not like I have many options.”

“Actually, you do.” Emilia smiled. “And luckily for you, I’ve read enough romance to know that sugar and temptation are better ways to deal with Stephanie than being alone and self-righteous.”

“Huh.” Mina squinted. “So, you want me to be friendly with Stephanie?”

“More than that.” Emilia pushed up her glasses. “I’m saying if you do this right, she can become your ‘good’ girlfriend that won’t give you crap about hanging out with me.”

“Wait? So you want me to get with Stephanie?”

“I don’t want anything. But for the sake of you, me, and school social harmony, I think you should win her back.”

After Emilia spoke, she and Mina grew quiet for a moment before Mina followed up with the obvious response:

 “Wait, what?”

….

 

6