Chapter 1
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was about to open my eyes when I suddenly feel a huge pain in my head like someone was trying to split my head in two. Suddenly, I start recalling memories that weren't mine. I don't know how long the pain lasted but after it was gone, I was sweating and exhausted.

Looks like I'm in the body of a little boy called Wu Feng, who lived with his mother in a small city, far away from the capital.

The little boy didn't know much about the capital, only that the emperor Zhao Gui had ascended years ago, there were no memories about the emperor Zhao Bai or his concubine Zang Chang.

When I thought about Zhao Bai, I felt pain in my heart. Why don't I feel accomplished? I finally revenged my family... But I only felt pain and emptiness.

-Feng'er how are you feeling? - asks a soft voice.

Suddenly I feel a warm feeling of love in my chest. I haven't felt this kind of feeling in many years. Looks like not only did I receive the little boy's memories but also his feelings.

-I'm fine, just tired – I reply. Despite having the little boy's memories and feelings inside me, I don't feel like calling a stranger mother.

-Looks like your fever is gone – she says after measuring my temperature with her hand.

I spent a few days lying on the bed, recovering.

Wu Feng worked as a dish cleaner in a restaurant so after I got better, I went to work.

Wu Feng and his mother were really poor so I decided to find a way to become a cook in the restaurant to earn more money.

I didn't know what to do in the future, I didn't want to think about the future or the past so I focused on living the present.

I started by first cleaning and chopping vegetables and then slowly starting to learn small and simple dishes. It was boring pretending that I didn't know how to cook.

One year after I started cooking the dishes and I invented them while I was an imperial concubine.

For fear of poison, I used to cook alone so the risk of it being recognized was low.

The restaurant became more and more famous but it was only after a few months that my pay increased and I was promoted to head cook.

The other cooks didn't complain and accepted my orders because despite being young, I was talented.

I kept telling myself that I was fine and happy, despite the emptiness that was a constant companion and the loneliness from waking up every day with the side of the bed empty. 

3