Chapter 6
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I only go out of home to buy more wine.

One day, went I went out, I found out that the emperor Zhao Gui was murdered.

The little boy who followed me and who later on was raised by me, who I saw growing up, who got married and had kids, died.

I thought my heart couldn't break anymore, but it did.

More time passed.

People were getting more and more unsatisfied, corruption was growing and spreading more and more.

I thought about the country that I once fought so hard to protect. I thought about how much did His Majesty loved the people and I decided it was time to take action.

The imperial exams didn't have an age limit so I went back to study and I took several different exams.

I sold the properties and businesses that brother Bai had and I found out he was the owner of the restaurant where I used to work.

I used the money to help children learn how to read and write and to give support to old people without family.

Years later I took the final exam and entered the court. I started as a small 7th rank official and made it all the way up until I become Prime Minister.

I felt it was ironic.

Gui'er son was still a child so even though he was the emperor all the power was in the official's and general's hands.

I found out the mastermind behind his death and gathered the power in my own hands, cleaning the country from corruption.

When the emperor came of age, I gave him back all the power. I was a second father for him and he wanted me to stay with him but I decided to retire and live far away from the capital.

I started to travel and I went to different countries and regions. But nothing of what I saw or people I've met helped with the emptiness inside me.

I started praying every night to the Dear Author:

Please don't make me wake up tomorrow.

After some years, the Author finally heard my prays.  

2