Chapter 11: Playing chess
4.1k 5 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hm~ Koneko chan~ when will you say yes?"

"..."

"Hmmph."

At this moment, I was on Orc club trying to flirt with Koneko chan.

She was seating in my lap eating the chocolate I made, while I rest my chin at the top of her head. While hugging her.

"Could you get someplace?"

I look at the person who said that.

Of course, it was Princess Rias.

"Eh~ Rias chan, are you jealous? Jealous? ~~~?"

She slam her fist on the table while a tick mark appeared on her face, I somehow like it when she lost her composure, this wasn't always appeared in the anime.

"Jealous who?"

She said with a piercing gaze enough to make someone tremble in fear, of course, I'm not affected, I enjoy her expression, after all, then I heard Akeno chan chuckle, her eyes met mine and she smile at me.

I slightly blush, honestly, I can't take it, all the girls here are out of the ordinary.

This damn world...

It's testing my endurance...

"Hey, hey Koneko chan, me and Rias chan are going on a date this Sunday, would that be fine?"

"Who's going to date with you!?"

"You? Who else?"

"Grr..."

"Stop that Rias chan, your not a predator. So, koneko chan... Is it fine?"

I decided to fuck the plot, we will go to the park when it was the time issei was about to get killed by Raynare.

"..."

"I'll do anything you want after?"

"Deal."

"Oh!!! Rias chan! Koneko chan allowed me!!! Let's meet in the plaza at 9 am would that be fine?"

"What? Wait, whe-"

Before she could finish her words, someone knocked on the door.

Akeno chan opens it and president chan and her tsuba chan came in.

She look at Rias chan but was surprised to see me in the club.

"Presi chan! Ohayo!!! Tsuba chan ohayo!!!"

Koneko chan smacks me in the face seemingly angry.

Sorry... Wait, why does it hurt?

"....care to have a match?"

"Sure."

Rias stand up, both of them sat on the couch, Rias chan is seating right next to me, it was too close enough to touch our skin.

While presi chan is on another side, setting up the chessboard and they start playing.

I decided to close my eyes and rest while I'm placing my head on koneko's head.

Even if I see them playing chess, I won't understand it. I'm not a mind game person.

They played for a while, it might be an hour really until I heard.

"Checkmate."

Presi's voice made me open my eyes, everyone was looking at the chessboard excluding me. Even Koneko is also looking.

"It seems I will never really win on you when it comes to chess."

"Well, at least you're the only person who can always corner me."

"That's true."

I look at the chess and saw that Presi chan's pawn cornered the king, if the queen ate it, her queen will also be killed and another piece will checkmate the king. If the king ate it, the rook is guarding the bishop, which the king won't be able to kill.

If rias chan moves it to the corner, there is the horse where is waiting.

All in all, absolute defeat where there is no escape.

"Damn, Rias chan got bang pretty well."

The two and other members looked at me, I was confused why they look at me like I'm some kind of disgusting pervert.

"Yato, your words are misleading."

I tilted my head confuse until I realized it, but I knitted my brows.

"Aren't you guys overthinking? It won't be misleading if you think it isn't, not unless I meant it by making my words more like of an asshole."

No one spoke, oh well, it's also my fault for putting it that way, I shrugged off and hugged Koneko chan and close my eyes.

But presi chan disrupts me.

"Do you know how to play chess?"

"? Absolutely...no, I'm dumb when it comes to that kind of game."

"I see, but why don't you try?"

I grumble, I'm in a haven right now, the sweet honey smell of Koneko chan and a scent of rose that coming to Rias chan is making me feel relaxed and addicting... I don't want to move.

"Why do you want me to play with you presi chan?"

The two members of presi chan seem irritated especially saji.

She raises her arm to calm them down.

"I was just wondering why a student like you is skipping classes."

"...fine, but... never mind."

I want to say, what about saji and you,  Rias chan, Akeni chan, and koneko chan but I'll just ignore it.

We re-arranged the pieces, I choose the black one. Presi chan move her 

Pawn to E3 while I move my pawn to D3.

We continue moving are chess, when she place pieces to a certain place, I will move another piece quickly, which surprised everyone, including Rias, Akeno, and Koneko chan.

They probably think I'm too reckless and not thinking but...

'I'm a bit competitive person, and I won't accept defeat easily.'

It seems that Presi chan thinks so too.

She places a piece, I will quickly place one.

Presi chan is the one who was taking her time frowning, I just waited for her to place her pieces so I can place mine.

I don't know how many minutes has passed and presi chan is taking her time.

I notice Koneko chan chocolate which is still new and now has had bite-size.

I need sugar right now.

So without any seconds or saying to her, I raise her arm and bit a bit of chocolate which made her surprised opening her mouth with wide eyes.

Looking at me biting a small portion of her chocolate.

After that, I look at the chessboard as if nothing was happening.

I didn't notice her pouty expression at all.

We continue playing chess.

"Checkmate."

Everyone gasped, they couldn't believe it in their eyes.

Who would have thought a simple match would turn into this?

"I guess...I lost."

"Yes."

"Congratulation, Presi chan."

She didn't answer, she just nodded. She seems annoyed.

Tsuba chan retrieved the chess, then Koneko chan whispered at me.

"You should have already win, why did you purposely move the wrong pieces?"

She's sharp.

I just smiled at her while my eyes were closed, then I patted her.

I forget that devils have a good hearing.

Making everyone look at me surprised and I didn't notice and glare of a single person who I have a match.

"It was a nice match, Miyagawa san."

"Yes~ Presi chan is really strong!"

"Same to you."

She said albeit different from her expression, she felt annoyed and as if her pride has been damaged.

I notice it but thought it was only because she was almost put into the corner by a noob.

I didn't know the real reason.

Ring~ Ring~ Ring~

Suddenly, a phone call came to me.

I open it.

"Hello!

Fast, affordable, reliable.

Delivery God Yato, How may I help you?"

There was a moment of silence in the room, everyone is looking at me.

My approachable business voice came to their ears.

A moment later, My face turned dim.

I became serious at the sudden call.

Everyone looking at me. They might hear it, but I pretended that I didn't know.

"Yes. I'll be there, please find a place to hide."

I signal Koneko Chan to move and she did so.

"I'm sorry, everyone but I have something to do."

Ting ring!

A text message came to me and I knitted my eyebrows in annoyance.

"Presiden Sona, I'm sorry but I have to leave school early, I apologize for this, I will accept any punishment later."

She nodded and I left, leaving everyone dumbfounded including Sona.

I have to hurry.

*

*Rias POV*

"Help?"

"As you heard Rias, it seems that a person calls some help."

"Is it part of his job?"

"That might be so... Ara, what an interesting boy."

Yes, the call came from the person who calls for help, it seems that the person sees his poster and desperately hoping for him to be safe.

It seems the person has been pursued by something.

But what confused me the most is the message he received.

He didn't notice but when Yato stand up, I was also standing, I accidentally read it.

'...Bastard God? Ayakashi? 

Yato...there's no way you're a god right?.'

But...there are also some gods in another place...if he is a god then who's god is he? And who is that bastard god?

"Rias...Why don't we secretly follow him?"

"... That...it might be a good idea..."

I said albeit I'm hesitating a bit, but I was really curious.

"Koneko, akeno, let's go."

We then moved out together with sona sitri.

125