PROLOGUE
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nami, hurry down here or we'll miss the train!"

Grrrr...

Why has it become so cold all of a sudden?

I reached for my blanket, which was nearly on the floor. As the light welcomed my half-asleep body, I slowly opened my eyes. I wanted to sleep for another hour, but that voice is so annoying!

I yawned as I got up from my bed. I looked at the window as I hear the screams of the chickens of Mr. John, our neighbor and my friends' father. I looked at my Hello Kitty alarm clock. I sighed as I dragged my entire body down to the kitchen where Dorothy is eating while reading her book.

 

"Good morning, my beloved and extremely kind older sister!" I exclaimed as I grabbed the freshly toasted bread from the toaster. She glared at me before shaking her head.

 

"It was a good morning until I saw your face" she said, her face annoyed. I just laughed and spread the mayonnaise on my bread. 

 

"Wait, is that the same book you said you finished reading a long time ago? Why are you reading it again?" I asked. Where does she get those patience?

 

"It's none of your business, Nami. Tsk. Go finish your food and bring your bags down. We'll be leaving in an hour." I pouted.

 

"Okay I will. But have you seen the radio from somewhere?" I asked. I can't find the radio since yesterday.

 

"Why would you want to bring a radio?"

"You know I love music, Dorothy. Music is everything to me" I said. She sighed.

"I broke it yesterday." 

 

She did what!?

 

"Don't worry, Aunt Gwen said she'll buy us phones when we get there. It's better than your old radio right?" she said then continued eating her bread. I just rolled my eyes. Well a phone would be better...I guess?

"I guess that'll be fair since I wore almost all of your clothes without you knowing" I grinned. Her eyes widened with disbelief.

 

"You did what!?" 

"Nothing. I said I will just pack my bags so we can leave already" 

 

I saw her rolling her eyes in beneath of her black wide glasses. I chuckled and run upstairs to prepare my things...

 

"Also, take a bath, you smell like a sun's armpit for goodness sake!" she yelled. Uh- how rude??

 

After a couple of minutes preparing, we carried our bags outside and we made sure to close everything before leaving our home. I sighed.

 

I stared at the house. I did not even care minding Dorothy bidding her farewells to Drake, her boyfriend.

 

I'll miss living in this place. 

 

I've never been to a city before. I've only ever seen them on television. We're also not wealthy enough to own a phone, so we didn't bother fantasizing about being there. After we read Aunt Gwen's letter, we had no idea how to react. Clearly, the city is very different from where we live. We grew up in the midst of fields, trees, and animals. However, I've heard that in the city, there are only tall buildings and bridges, as well as Mc Donalds all over. We weren't sure we wanted to leave...but we knew it was for the best. After all... I kinda do like adventures.

 

I took a look around at the grass and fields. I'll miss the clean, fresh air, beautiful flowers, cow poop, clear rivers, and, most importantly...

 

"Wait up, Nami!"

 

I took a look at them. The twins, Jeremy and Emily, my bestfriends since... I don't know? Fetus?

 

Emily screamed and hugged me tightly, "You monster! Why would you leave without even telling us!" I felt like I was going to pass out! Geez!

 

"I WONT MISS YOU! HMP!' She exclaimed while shrugging. I chuckled as I hugged her.

 

""I'm not going to miss you, either!" I said that made her shrug even more.

 

I looked at Jeremy, who was completely silent and didn't even look at me. Is he upset that I didn't inform him that we'd be leaving today? I shrugged.

"Goodbye Jeremy, I'll miss you. Take good care of the barn for me" I said. I saw his face frowned.

"Don't miss me too much. I have to go, dad said I had to milk the chickens" 

 

My brows furrowed. Milk the chickens? Chicken don't give milks. They lay eggs!

 

"Milk the what-"

"Goodbye Nami. Take care in the city. Specially, around boys" He said before running away.

 

What was that?

 

I heard Emily chuckled. Emily hugged me and bid her goodbyes as we sat in Drake's Tractor. We made sure our luggage were complete. Well, we don't have much in us. Just two bags each. 

 

"Goodbye, Nami! Come and visit us okay!?"

 

"WHAT!?" I screamed. What was she screaming? I didn't quite hear that. The engine of the tractor was so loud I couldn't hear what she's screaming.

 

I just waved and watched her and the town fade from our view.

 

I looked at Dorothy. I caught her looking at a photograph she's holding ... I sighed as I look at the picture. It was us, with mom and dad.

 

I felt a sudden ache in my chest. I miss them so so much. It was a month ago when the accident happened, and I still miss them everyday. It wasn't easy living without them at first. But we just had to keep fighting and hoping that someday, everything is gonna be alright. I just hope that in the city, we could start a new life. I could forget what happened here in Thershire. 

 

I wish nothing but to heal...

 

We arrived at the train station after about an hour or so. There were a lot of people at the station. It was nice to see a crowd of people instead of just our neighbors and the animals. I noticed a group of girls my age wearing the same uniforms while waiting for the train. I was fascinated with their uniform! It looks decent and formal. Our school had a uniform, but it was plain and ordinary. It looks good st them ! I wonder how it would look if I were to wear it.  I'm guessing they go to an expensive school. How privileged they seem to be?

 

I averted my gaze when I noticed them heading to us. 

 

They were chatting and laughing so loud that everyone was glaring at them. I overheard them talking about a boy while shrieking and screaming. I can't stop myself on looking at them. These girls must have a cool life.

 

"Nami come on,  get in the train first. I'll just talk to my baby bubu"  Dorothy said while running to his baby bubu. Gross!

 

I rushed inside the train, unbothered about the lovebirds bidding their farewells. Do they consider themselves to be Romeo or Juliet or something?

 

I noticed that the girls in uniform was seating infront of our seats. Is their school in the city too?

 

"Excuse me, young lady?" I looked at the person who owned that voice, thinking she was speaking to me. But, to my dismay, she was talking to the girl in front of me, who was about my age. 

 

I almost choked on my own saliva as I looked at her face. I felt Dorothy coming inside the train.

 

"MOM!?" I screamed in shocked, causing everyone's eyes laid on mine. Even Dorothy looked shocked to see the woman infront of us. 

 

She looks...exactly like mom...

 

The woman looked at me with shock. She smiled when she saw us and immediately sat beside us.

 

"Nami Sanders, right?"

 

I couldn't talk. Her similarities of mom was taunting me. It's like seeing her alive again. 

 

"W-Who are you?" Dorothy asked. She smiled and went to Dorothy and gave her a tight hug.

 

"I'm your Aunt Gwen. Your mom's younger sister. I came to ride with you" She said. Wow, I thought they were twins. 

 

A man shouted that the doors are closing. We chatted with Aunt Gwen. And she looks and talks sweet. I'm starting to like her company. She just seems like she's a very nice person. She said she has a daughter named Kierra about our age. I almost shrieked when she told me she already enrolled me tot he same school as Kierra's. I almost hugged him to death when I heard that.

 

But suddenly, realization hit me. Will I be okay living in a new school, in a new environment, in a new life?

 

I gazed out the window at the scenery. What could I expect when I arrive in the city? Would I be able to blend in with the crowd? Even I don't know it yet.

 

Who knows, Let's just hope for the best...

 

But all of these became JUST MEMORIES...

 

 

0