Chapter 2 – Godwin Family
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After sleeping for the whole night, Robert opened his eyes. He can't move his neck yet. so he was looking around with his eyes mesmerized by the interior design. He tried to stand up but he can't since he was still a baby. On Robert's side, there was his brother Richard. Compared to Robert, his body was bigger and his complexion looked like a healthy baby, unlike Robert who was tiny and sickly. Robert was thirsty and hungry, he tried to speak but only gibberish came out from his mouth.

'I'm hungry and thirsty, somebody please come over here!' Robert thought.

His stomach started to grumble.

'Looks like the only way is to cry out loud. This is so embarrassing!' Robert thought.

Robert was fake crying like a baby he was. Richard woke up because of Robert's crying noise and they started crying together. Maybe he was hungry and thirsty too.

A maid noticed the babies were crying and took a look inside the room. She rocked the babies in her arms to relax the babies. But it didn't work. Then, she called the wet nurse thinking that the babies were hungry. In middle age, nobles hired a wet nurse when the mother was busy. 

****

Robert and Richard were satisfied. The wet nurse put them back in their cribs. Robert had nothing to do since he was a baby.

'I was satisfied with the breastfeeding. But somehow I still feel it wasn't enough.' Robert thought.

'Anyway, God of Hunting said I will get a system right? how do I activate it?'

Robert tried to call the system but nothing happened.

'Maybe I need to focus to activate it.'

A system window like the one in the RPG game came out in front of Robert.

 

[Robert Godwin]

-Skills-

[Predator's Potential]

[Transformation]

-Traits-

[Attractive]

[Intelligent]

[Lustful]

[Gluttonous]

[Deceitful]

 

'Huh? Godwin? That must be my family name. I also got another three traits. But, why all of them are negative traits? Let's see the traits' description first,' Robert thought.

[Lustful]

You will feel the urge to do sexual activity when you see an attractive opposite gender.

[Gluttonous]

You will never feel full with an average food portion. You will also have the urge to try a different variety of foods.

[Deceitful]

You will feel the urge to be deceptive when you do something bad.

'So that's the reason why I haven't felt full yet. Deceitful is fine because it is completely normal to be deceptive if I do something bad. But, Lustful? Really? I hope this won't bring me trouble in the future.'

After daydreaming because he got nothing to do. Robert realized an important fact.

'Not only I got three new traits. I just realized that I can understand the language of this world. Maybe this is also a part of the power that God gave me.'

There was nothing special that happened after this. Everything was boring for Robert. He just drank milk and slept every day.

****

Six months later.

Robert now can eat baby food such as bread in milk and puree. Because of this, Robert and Richard now had their first breakfast together with their parents in the dining room. The Count and the Countess are curious about their sons' growth since they left them to the maids and rarely saw them.

On the table, there were two bowls of bread in milk for Robert and Richard. Two portions of English breakfast for the Count and Countess.

'For six months I only drink milk. I miss the taste of meat!' Robert thought.

Sadly, Robert can't eat meat yet because his teeth weren't strong enough. But his [Gluttonous] trait can't hold it anymore.

"Mommy, I want that meat," Robert said. 

"Ohh, you can talk already? Honey, look at our son, he is a genius!" Christine said, surprised.

"HAHAHA, this must be a blessing in disguise. Here, take the meat!" William said.

Count William gave a piece of meat to Robert. Robert gladly accepted it and put it in his mouth. Reality struck him hard because he can't chew the meat. He ended up spewing it out of his mouth. He stared at the piece of meat with sad eyes.

"Of course, you can't eat them. Your teeth are not strong enough." Christine said.

"Mommy, that," Richard said.

Richard was also curious about the meat because his brother ate it. He tried to grab the spewed meat from the table. Fortunately, he can't reach it because it was too far. Otherwise, he will do something that made every noble disgusted.

"Look, this is because of you honey. They'll try something they can't eat yet," Christine said.

"Don't be like that Christine. This is a happy occasion, let them do what they want. Here, your piece of meat," William said.

Count William sliced a piece of meat and put it in Richard's mouth. His face instantly became awful. He also spewed the meat and looked at it like it was not meant to be eaten.

In the end, the Count and the Countess laughed at them because of their funny behavior.

Now, every day became boring again. Everything was the same with eating together as an addition. Robert was frustrated because he can't do anything for six months. At least there were human interactions from now on.

****

One and a half years later.

Robert's body was weak because of [Predator's Potential] drawback. While his brother Richard can walk at the age of one year. Robert needed to wait for two years just to be able to do it. He tried to do it when he was one year old. But he kept falling to the floor no matter what. In the end, he gave up and waited patiently.

"I envy my brother. He can walk since a year ago. But not anymore, because now I can walk. Anyway, I need a mirror to see how handsome my face is," Robert said.

Yes, he never saw himself in the mirror for two years. The only thing he knew was he has blonde hair and his face resembled his father.

Strangely enough, Robert never saw a mirror anywhere in this mansion. Well, Robert had never gone to any other room other than his room and the dining room. Now that Robert can walk, he wanted to wander around the mansion. Normally, the maids won't let Robert wander around outside his room. So Robert sneaked out when it was night.

The hallway was bright, there was some kind of crystal glowing in the dark to illuminate the hallway.

"I always wonder. Instead of torches, they use these crystals instead. Are they magic crystals? Well, I don't care. Let's see the other rooms."

Robert continued to walk until he found a large double door. He went inside curiously. But he got disappointed after that.

"It is a library huh," Robert said.

Robert turned around, he wanted to get out as fast as possible. When he grabbed the door handle, he stopped and changed his mind.

"Actually, I need a lot of information right now. Let's read some books first," Robert said.

Robert went to the nearest shelf and grabbed a random book.

"Ugh, I can't even read the title. What are these runes? It looks like Norse Alphabet," Robert said dejectedly.

Robert didn't know what to do. In the end, he went back to his room and slept. He forgot to look for a mirror because he was too dejected.

3