Chapter 9 – The Examination Day (2)
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robert woke up from his nap after thirty minutes had passed. He could see several examinees had finished their exam. Robert then stood up and looked around.

'The crown prince and two of his lackeys I guess.' Robert thought.

He saw the crown prince on the right side of the room. They were playing chess. He looked to the left side of the room and he felt a burning desire build up in his heart. His eyebrows raised and his breath became rough.

'She is so beautiful!' Robert thought

He saw a short-haired girl, her hair and eyes were black. Robert came closer to her to admire her lean body. He greeted the girl. He didn't even realize there were two more persons near the girl.

"Greetings. I'm Robert Godwin from the county of Vrila." Robert said.

The girl was surprised, he didn't expect the sleeping Robert to wake up and greeted her.

"Greetings. I'm Sharon Ambershade from the Azov Kingdom."

"Ambershade? I should've addressed you as Your Highness then."

"You don't need to do that. My title doesn't matter here. Everybody has come here to broaden their horizon."

"Haha, you are a very humble princess."

"As I said, don't call me princess. Just call me by my name."

"Alright, Sharon. I hope we can get along."

Now, he realized there were two other persons. A short redhead girl with freckles on her face was staring at Robert. The other was a tall redhead man with a wide smile on his face.

"Whoops, sorry. I didn't realize you guys are here," Robert said.

"Of course, you don't realize. Your eyes are so focused on this lady. As a man, I understand. By the way, my name is Grid and this girl here is my sister, her name is Yuna," Grid said.

Robert was embarrassed by that statement but he couldn't refute it.

"Nice to meet you guys. I hope we will get along," Robert said.

"Yes, nice to meet you too," Yuna said.

"Anyway, let's enjoy the snacks. I'm a bit hungry after I woke up," Robert said.

They sat together around the table. There were some snacks prepared on it. Robert and the others were enjoying it but seemed like Yuna liked it a lot. She grabbed a mouthful and gobbled it up. Now she looked like a hamster.

"Don't eat like that Yuna. That is not a good table manner." Grid said.

"I'm sowwy."

"Hahaha, it's okay. I used to do that in the past too. Just enjoy the snacks," Robert said.

"Hehe, you're so funny Yuna," Sharon said.

After Yuna had done eating the snacks. She finally dropped the bomb.

"Why do you have a bandage covering your left eye, Robert?"

Everyone was curious too. But, they didn't dare to ask because it was a rude question.

"Again, don't ask a personal question like that Yuna. You're being rude."

"I'm sorry."

"No problem. I got this wound recently. When I was staying at an inn on my way here. Two assassins attacked me. I killed the first one but the other one slashed my eye."

When he said the word "assassin", Sharon looked down, her lip corner pulled downward. Robert noticed what happened, he fastly changed the topic.

"Anyway, how was your exam?"

"I think I'll be fine. I answered the questions that I know and looked for answers for the rest by looking at other's papers," Grid said.

"Hey, that's cheating," Sharon said.

"Hahaha, it's okay as long as the examiner doesn't notice it."

"I think I'll be fine too. I studied hard for this. Unlike my brother who likes to cheat. Humph!" Yuna said.

"The questions are not that hard. So I'm sure my grade will be good." Sharon said.

"As for me. I've spent a lot of my time in my father's library since I was a kid. So, those questions are too easy." Robert said.

"What? You didn't fill your paper with random answers?" Grid said.

Grid's eyes were wide open without blinking.

"Do you think I'm that stupid?"

"You are not?"

Robert stared at him blankly before he sighed and shook his head.

"Think whatever you want then."

While they were busy talking. Other examinees started to occupy the waiting room. Richard was also had finished his exam. 

"Brother, there you are!"

"Oh, Richard. Come over here!"

Robert introduced  Richard to the group. They continued to chat while waiting for the other examinees.

More and more examinees kept coming until the last one. Then, the guide from before announced something.

"Now that everyone is here. Let's go to the next test area," the guide said.

The guide went outside and the rest followed. They were led to an open field. A bald buff man was waiting there.

"Alright, make rows!" the bald man shouted.

 The shout was thunderous that it caused everyone to make rows quickly.

"Greetings, I'm Matt. I'm a martial arts professor in this academy. Today I will be the examiner for your third and fourth test," Professor Matt said.

He pointed a training dummy beside him.

"The third test is to hit this dummy as hard as possible, either with magic or weapon. Anything is permitted."

After he explained what the third test is, he showed a crystal ball he held in his left hand.

"This beginner crystal ball will determine your power. It will change color depending on your power. The weakest is gray and followed by green, blue, purple, orange, and red."

He put the crystal ball on a table nearby and called the examinee based on how fast they finished their second test.

"Robert Godwin! You go first! Take the weapon you want from that rack on your left."

Matt pointed a rack of different weapons on the side. Robert wanted to pick a sword at first. But, he changed his mind.

'If it determines my strength, might as well use my fist instead of a sword.' Robert thought.

Robert approached the training dummy barehanded.

"Are you sure you won't use a weapon?" Professor Matt said.

"I'm confident in my punch's strength, Professor."

"That's the spirit! I hope you're not bragging!"

Robert changed his stance into the boxing stance. Mana gathered in his right hand. He did a cross punch with his right hand.

Boom!

The dummy's head exploded right after Robert's fist hit it.

The crystal ball changed color from gray to red at a fast rate.

Everybody was surprised. They didn't expect Robert was good at the theoretical and physical tests at the same time. 

"Alright, you pass. That punch was not bad for a beginner like you. Stay at the shade shelter over there."

Robert went there and sat on the floor while Professor Matt was calling the second examinee.

"Waiting again. These tests are boring." Robert said.

Robert looked at the examinees to get rid of his boredom.

"Huh? I didn't expect that imperial guy is the second. So, his name is Cristopher Vagusia. Well, I don't care. Looking at Sharon is more fun. She is my ideal type, just give her a few years and she will be the best woman I can imagine." Robert muttered to himself.

Cristopher chose a sword and did some kind of sword dance before hitting the dummy.

"What is he doing? Was that dance necessary?" Robert said.

Despite the weird sword dance, the crystal turned into red color.

"As expected of the Imperial bloodline!" Professor Matt shouted.

"That was easy!" Cristopher said.

He went to Robert's location while glaring at him. Robert was not afraid and glared back at Cristopher.

"You better know your place, cripple!" Cristopher said.

Robert didn't know what makes Cristopher so angry.

"Watch your mouth, prince! It will be the cause of your downfall!" Robert said.

"How dare you to talk back!"

"What? You don't like it?"

Cristopher was grinding his teeth. He was about to punch Robert. Robert stood up and prepared himself to respond to the punch.

"What are you guys doing?" Sharon said.

Cristopher suppressed his rage because they were not alone and he went to the opposite corner of the shade shelter.

'Because of that loudmouth, I didn't see Sharon's performance.' Robert thought.

"Sharon, what is your score? I didn't see it because I was too busy talking to that guy."

"I scored orange color."

Robert was chatting with Sharon until the third test was done.

In the end, Grid got blue alongside her sister and Richard got purple.

"Hey, Robert. You didn't even notice I'm behind you since ages ago. You're so engrossed in your lovey-dovey time with Sharon." Grid whispered.

"Shut up, Grid!" Robert said.

Everybody was chatting since they were bored.

"Silence!" Professor Matt shouted.

The shade shelter turned silent like a library.

"The third test has finished. Now, we will go to the next area!"

Professor Matt channeled his mana to the ground. There was a rune shining on the ground. It was large enough to fit the entire shade shelter. Then, their bodies started disappearing until no one was left in the shade shelter.

2