Chapter 11 – The Uninvited Guest
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huft... huft... F*ck those people. They are crazy." Cristopher murmured.

He kept running like he was chased by a ghost. His feet were staggering and his face was haggard. But, he didn't stop no matter what.

After he ran for about four kilometers, he stopped by a dead trunk.

"Huft... huft... I'll hide here for tonight, I hope they won't find me."

He collected some leaves to be used as a blanket and proceeded to sleep.

****

At the same time, in a different location.

"Hey, Sharon. Your name reminds me of a flower. Was your name based on a flower?" Robert said.

"A flower? No, my name is based on my grandmother's name. Is there a flower named Sharon?" Sharon said.

"There is. It has many color varieties. When it blooms, it becomes so beautiful. Just like you."

After he said that, they glanced at each other and Sharon blushed. She looked away from him.

"Humph, compliment won't get you anywhere. Anyway, it is time to switch the watch duty. Let's go back to the tent."

Sharon couldn't handle the situation and used the only excuse available to get away.

"Alright, alright. I'll wake up Grid."

Robert and Sharon had done their watch duty and switched by Grid and Yuna.

****

After Grid and Yuna stayed outside for one hour, Yuna was looking around the surroundings while holding her nether area.

"What are you doing, Yuna?" Grid said.

"I need to go pee-pee," Yuna said.

"At this time? Well, just go to the bushes and do your business there."

"But, I'm afraid."

"What are you afraid of? I won't go anywhere. Just shout if something happens."

Finally, Yuna went to the bushes. The urge got over her fear. After she did it, she heard a rustling sound from her side. She backed away in case there is something behind that bush. She was about to shout to call his brother.

At that time, a hand covered her mouth preventing her from shouting. She wriggled around to release the hand. Unfortunately, the attacker was not alone. Her face lost all hope before the attacker sent a punch to the jaw to knock her out.

"Strange, what took her so long?" Grid said.

He thought it for a while before he took a spear and went to Yuna's location. When he reached there, he found nothing but traces of footsteps.

"What the hell happened here?"

Grid's heart sank to his stomach. He looked around to find a clue about what was going on. Since he didn't find it, he turned back to the tent. But, two people came out to block him when he was running through the bushes.

"Where is my sister?" Grid shouted.

He attacked them with the spear. But none of his attacks hit because he was not clear minded.

"So that girl was your sister, huh? She is in the right hand hahaha. Now come with us if you don't want anything to happen to your sister." the man said.

Grid was thinking for a while. In the end, he gritted his teeth and stopped the attack.

"Fine, I'll go with you. But, if something happened to her. Make sure you wash your neck."

"Drop your weapon first! We wouldn't let you follow us with that weapon."

Grid threw away his spear with a smirk on his face. Right after that, the sound of something was pierced could be heard. Didn't want to miss the chance, Grid punched the other man to fight back. Another piercing sound could be heard.

"Who are these guys?" Robert said.

"They kidnapped my sister," Grid said.

"Let's wake up the other first."

They went back to the camp while Robert's face was sighing on the way there. He didn't expect the incident will be this troublesome.

"Hey, Robert. is killing them necessary?" Grid said.

"There is an old man who says 'Hesitation is defeat.' every time he beats his opponent. I think he is right. I learned it the hard way. You need to be decisive in that kind of situation, Grid."

"But, we could knock them out instead."

"Can you do it in one hit? I can't, that's why I killed them. It would be a disaster if one of them had a chance to shout or run away."

Grid was staring at the ground while he was walking. He was questioning if what they did was right or wrong.

"Anyway, you don't need to think about it, Grid. It is their fault for not using the orbs. More importantly, they deserve it since they tried to mess with us. Go wake up Richard, I'll wake up Sharon."

Grid went to Richard's tent and Robert went to Sharon's tent.

"Hey, Sharon. Wake up!"

Sharon woke up while holding her forehead. Her head was aching because she slept only for a few hours.

"What happened?" Sharon said

"Come on, wash your face first! It is urgent." Robert said.

They gathered at the campfire to discuss what should they do next. Grid's eyes were restless, he was shaking his head while looking at the ground.

"First thing first, calm yourself, Grid," Robert said.

Grid stopped what he was doing and glanced at Robert.

"What happened? You didn't tell me anything when you woke me up," Sharon said.

"Yuna was kidnapped. We will discuss how to save her now." Robert said.

"What? How?" Richard said.

"She was kidnapped while taking a pee in the bushes." Grid said.

"That means they already know our location. They have been waiting for the right time." Sharon said.

"True, that's what I thought. I think they want us to surrender ourselves." Robert said.

"Then, what should we do? Does anyone have a plan?" Richard said.

"I have a plan. But I don't think you'll like it." Robert said.

"What is the plan? I'll do anything to save my sister." Grid said.

"You guys will be the bait. When they catch you guys, I'll infiltrate their camp." Robert said.

"What? In the end, you want to save yourself, huh? You're showing your true color, Robert" Grid said.

"As I said, you won't like this plan. But, if you trust me. I'll make sure you guys will be safe." Robert said.

"No, unless you give me your orb. I won't trust you." Grid said.

Both of them are staring intensely at each other. Finally, Robert sighed and raised his hand.

"Sorry, I couldn't do that, Grid," Robert said.

"I knew it. F*ck, I should've saved her myself instead of staying here and wasting my time." Grid said.

"Hey, hey. Please keep calm." Richard said.

Grid stood up and packed up and went away to the jungle. Richard and Sharon tried to convince him to stay together. But he didn't listen.

"Hey, Grid. If they catch you. Make sure you don't eat their food." Robert shouted.

"What should we do now?" Sharon said.

She asked while holding her forehead to ease the headache.

"We will save them. But with a different plan. I'm pretty sure Grid will get caught. The best plan is to follow his footstep to find the enemy camp." Robert said.

Richard was still chasing for Grid. So, he didn't hear what the plan was. By the time he was back. Robert already tidied the camp and removed all their traces.

"Let's go, Richard. Here is your spear. We need to go." Robert said.

Richard was still in a state of confusion. He just woke up hearing someone was kidnapped. Now, his friend was arguing with his brother and left. He followed his brother's order because he didn't know what to do anymore.

They followed Grid's footsteps from afar so Grid or the enemy wouldn't realize their location. Robert's eyes were wide open to observe the surroundings. Just like what Robert predicted. Some people attacked Grid and he was caught.

It was already morning. The light from the sun helped them to observe the scene and they found at least five people attacked Grid at that time.

"Finally they took action. Grid was caught. We need to be more careful." Robert said.

"You won't abandon him like he said before right?" Richard said.

"Why should I? He is one of the top examinees. There is no use to become his enemy."

After a while, they found a camp located near a creek.

"Sh*t, we are in deep trouble," Richard said.

"True, I didn't expect their camp will be this big," Richard said.

Sharon's eyes were blurry and her legs started shaking.

"Hey, I think I can't help you right now," Sharon said.

Robert looked back and hurriedly helped Sharon after realizing her situation.

"Why you didn't tell me sooner? You must be too exhausted because of the lack of sleep and too much moving. Hey, Richard. Let's find a place to settle first."

"Alright, let's go."

They tried to look for a place to settle without alarming their enemy. So, they went deeper into the jungle and use the trees and bushes as cover. Inside the jungle, they found a cave suitable for a camp.

They built a makeshift camp so everyone could rest there.

"Let's take a rest here first. I'm pretty sure they won't do anything to Grid and Yuna for now since they didn't find us." Robert said.

"I hope so, I'm so worried about them. Grid is a good guy." Richard said.

While they were talking, Sharon slept like a log because she was too exhausted.

2