Chapter 1 – You are not the protagonist, survive as long as you can!
443 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"But..."

Feeling empty, losing his most precious possession, what he valued most in his life, Fang Cai fell into despair.

Who was he?

A cultivating genius. At just 14 years old he managed to reach the seventh tier of Body Reinforcement, becoming the second greatest genius of the scorching sun sect.

He had talent, status, power and everything else they could imagine... and now he'd lost it all to a stranger.

Someone who wasn't even an inner disciple, let alone a core disciple.

"Li Dao!" Her voice rang out carrying the visible tone of bitterness.

Fang Cai yelled, but the young man in front of him continued to ignore him, staring ahead oblivious to everything around him.

As if the young man hadn't put it in his eyes.

As if his presence didn't matter at all.

He felt a hatred grow inside him as he watched a smile appear on the lips of the disciple in front of him.

The disciple, noticing the murderous intent, had finally given him the attention he thought he deserved.

He smiled victoriously when he was finally taken seriously, however, just as he finally tasted victory, he saw the disciple raise his arm.

His eyes passed over his arms to his hands where you could see a sword pointed towards the sky, which was now rapidly descending towards him.

Slash!

His sword came down as pressure permeated the air, it passed through Fang Cai's neck as if it were nothing.

"It was easier than I thought." He watched the ground flood with Fang Cai's blood as his head rolled to the ground.

He still felt uncomfortable killing someone, but this was a world where strength ruled, and there was no room for mercy.

His attention was caught when an interface appeared in front of his eyes.

[Congratulations! You killed a third-rate villain!]

[Congratulations! You have reached the 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement!]

Disagreeing, he ran his hand over the interfaces making them disappear.

"Answer me what I want to know, shit system!"

Even as he expressed his displeasure, he still felt hopeful, so he stared at the place where the interface had disappeared with some apprehension as he waited for an answer...

[You are not the protagonist, survive as long as you can!]

He gritted his teeth in frustration.

Even hopeful, the disappointment hadn't been as shocking as he'd expected.

He closed his eyes and took a long breath. "I don't know whether to be happy or sad that this system doesn't have a conscience."

Opening his eyes, he stood in front of a large stone next to Fang Cai's body, he approached and sat on it, closing his eyes he pulled in and out several times.

It might seem trivial, but to him it was incredible.

"It's amazing how pure the oxygen is here than on Earth."

Still with his eyes closed, he focused on the new sensation he was feeling, as if his body was sinking into the sea.

Every second, every minute that the sea seemed to rise in his body, an inexplicable feeling overwhelmed him.

Satisfied, he grinned from ear to ear, a relieved smile, calm but desperate.

"Finally..."

Nathan is a reincarnated from the earth, who had awakened in the body of Li Dao, one of the weakest Scorching Sun Sect disciples with almost no talent for cultivation.

Being a veteran reader of cultivation novels, he waited for his golden finger peacefully while copying the daily life of the real Li Dao.

According to time and collecting more information about the world. He was finally realizing.

Burning Sun Sect, Young Master Fang Cai, Lesser Heaven!

He was reincarnated in a light novel! And one of the worst to reincarnate!

'I Am the Arrogant Young Master' is a novel where a reader transmigrates into the body of a young master and in fear of being killed by the protagonist begins to hunt them down.

At first, Nathan despaired. He knew that if he was a protagonist his fate was death, the young master's system was too overpowered to be countered with just what he had.

But one day, his system had appeared.

[Congratulations! You acquired the Cultivation Stealing System!]

Anxious, Nathan filled his system with questions, but no matter what question it was, his system never responded.

He just sent a programmed message.

"How do I use you?"

[You are not the protagonist, survive as long as you can!]

"Which chapter of the novel are we in?"

[You are not the protagonist, survive as long as you can!]

"What are your duties?"

[You are not the protagonist, survive as long as you can!]

[You are not the protagonist, survive...

[You are not...

...

He spent nearly two months doing tests to finally learn how to use his system and form a plan to survive.

Remembering his past struggles, a shiver ran through his body before he opened his eyes and muttered under his breath, "Status."

A new interface has appeared!

[Li Dao (Nathan Salt)]

[Main Cultivation: 9th Layer of Mental Reinforcement. { Li Dao: 12%}] (+)

[Secondary Cultivation: 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement {Fang Cai: 100%}]

[Cultivation Techniques: Scorching Sword(6,800/10,000), Tiger Fang Fang(3,550/10,000)]

[Mastery Points: 120]

"I still can't believe it." He stared at his status as he lost himself in his thoughts. "Stealing the cultivation from the Foundation establishment takes three years, who would have thought that Bodily Reinforcement would only be seven days."

In the first month having understood some functions, Nathan tried to steal cultivation from an elder who was Li Dao's friend.

The latter was in the 6th Tier of the Foundation Establishment Realm.

Nathan was aware that people can only become true cultivators when they reach the Foundation Establishment realm, so he was greedy and aimed high.

But soon his hopes were dashed!

[Perceived Cultivation Difference!]

[Calculating Infection Time!]

[Calculations Completed!]

[Estimated Time: 3 years 12 days and 4 hours to complete infection. (6th Layer of Foundation Establishment {Zhuge Lian: 8%}).]

Since then, he'd tried his hardest to understand how time worked, aiming for high and varied realms, he finally understood.

The time could shorten according to how close the target cultivation is to the main cultivation.

Then one day, by coincidence, he met one of the sect's genies. Taking advantage of this, he tried his luck and finally succeeded.

"Good thing it's only been seven days, the day of recruiting the protagonist's sect is coming."

The Scorching Sun sect, a small and insignificant sect in the lower sky, was home to the first 'protagonist' who is killed by the real MC.

The latter was ecstatic that they had been chosen by a sect in the central country to recruit new disciples, with the support of a major sect they finally thought they could change from a four-star sect to a hegemony.

Standing up, Li Dao walked towards the city leaving the forest where he had committed the murder.

When he completed the infection and Fang Cai's cultivation disappeared, Nathan took advantage of the fragile moment of despair and convinced him that he had an antidote to heal and rebuild his cultivation and his foundation.  He took him to a forest that still treated him like a mighty young master, and when he was deep in the forest, he killed him.

If his calculations are correct, the main story started 5 days ago, when news came that a sect in the central country had chosen the Burning Sun sect for recruitment. Jack would transmigrate into the body of Zheng Xiang, the first son of the patriarch of the Thunder Sword sect, one of the most powerful sects in Mid Heaven.

With his prodigious talent and frightening identity, Jack would come to realize that he is one of the arrogant young masters who is destined to be killed by the protagonist. With his system awake, he would use the resources of his identity to seek out young people who have had a big leap in cultivation or a rapid rise, and with the system he would confirm whether they are protagonists or not.

Jack would then meet Ye Chun, a boy who was born with a talent for cultivating to defy the heavens, but was crippled by enemies and after years not only managed to cultivate again, but also had a huge leap in cultivation.

As he walked down the street, Nathan felt ecstatic, he wanted to quickly lock himself in his room and test the cultivation steal, but he knew he needed to take it easy and think rationally.

Nathan managed to convince Fang Cai to go out together, he even left some purposeful clues that he was involved in her going to the forest, he wanted the elders to find Fang Cai's body and start to suspect Li Dao.

Noting the three great peaks in front of him, he smiled and began to run towards his sect.

The Sect of the Scorching Sun had three great peaks, the peaks rising from the ground giving an imposing impression to mortals.

They are called the three hellish peaks. Each peak had the base of one of the sect's two elders and the great leader.

The three peaks formed a natural barrier to the sect, which was in the middle of the three. The first time Nathan saw this phenomenon, he was surprised, even though he watched it through Li Dao's memories.

The Burning Sun Sect is divided into three factions, the most powerful faction, the Flames faction, being led by the powerful sect leader Fang Xu, a cultivator in the Nascent Soul realm, the Lava faction, being led by the first elder whose cultivation is unknown. and the Incineration faction, led by the Second Elder.

Ye Chun and Li Dao are in the third faction, so it was much easier for Li Dao to get information from his faction's genius, even though he never interacted with Ye Chun, Nathan already knew everything about him.

Going out of his way, Nathan headed for the outer courtyard, where the sect's care and attention was extremely mediocre.

The outer courtyard was where the disciples who couldn't get to body reinforcement resided, people without talent, usually had to do household chores and fulfill shameful missions to survive.

Entering his room, Nathan sighed as he took in the empty room, which had only a bed and a table next to it.

"Everything is fine." He walked over to the table and opened the bottom drawer pulling out some sort of very small bag. "Time to cultivate."

Nathan sat on the bed and opened the bag, reached into it and took out two pills.

As soon as his hand touched the pills, an interface appeared.

[Cultivation Booster Pill]

[Type: Diluted Medicine Pill]

[Quality: Very Low]

[Effect: Slightly increases cultivation efficiency]

"Tsk..."

Feeling discontented, he lay down on the bed and took one of the pills, opening his status tab he came across information:

[Main Cultivation: 9th Layer of Mental Reinforcement. { Li Dao: 12%}] (+)

[Secondary Cultivation: 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement {Fang Cai: 100%}]

Please do not let me down!

With some apprehension, he pressed the '+' in front of the main cultivation option. It wasn't the first time he tested this, but it was the first time using high cultivation, NathN couldn't stop shaking as he closed his eyes filled with fear.

He focused on his body, expecting some reaction that didn't come. Opening his eyes, a new one appeared:

[ (01%) (10%) (50%) (100%)]

"Shit!" Annoyed by the pressure he was feeling, he pressed the first option. Focusing on his glass again, Nathan felt no change, but as soon as he opened his eyes, a feeling of happiness hit him.

[Main Cultivation: 9th Layer of Mental Reinforcement. { Li Dao: 17%}] (+5%)

[Secondary Cultivation: 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement {Fang Cai: 99%}]

When he took over Li Dao's body, he was already in the third layer of body reinforcement, using his system he managed to steal cultivation until he reached the ninth layer, but Nathan never felt the sensation of breaking to a higher realm, he just watched the memories of Li Dao as if they were a movie and did not truly feel.

His dantian looked like a beautiful blue sea and the 9th Layer barrier looked like a wall that covered the entire sea. As soon as he pressed to cultivate, he felt as if the water had become aggressive enough to hit the wall and make a crack.

"This feeling..."

Nathan didn't know why, but as soon as he started to cultivate, a feeling started to grow telling him to keep going.

His body looked like it wanted that.

He yearned for it... he wanted to cultivate and would do whatever it took to do so.

"So that's why cultivators don't get tired of cultivating even if they cultivate for days." He clenched his fists, relieved that he got his system right and felt the pill in his hands. "Oh, I almost forgot about that."

"Alright, moment of truth."

He put the pill in his mouth and swallowed, feeling his body temperature rise, called his system and again chose 1%.

[Main Cultivation: 9th Layer of Mental Reinforcement. { Li Dao: 26%}] (+9%)

[Secondary Cultivation: 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement {Fang Cai: 98%}]

He looked at the interface with annoyance on his face, "What a bloody pill!" He took the other pill and swallowed it quickly. "I hope the effect is cumulative."

Choosing one percent, Nathan again faced the interface.

[Main Cultivation: 9th Layer of Mental Reinforcement. { Li Dao: 35%}] (+9%)

[Secondary Cultivation: 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement {Fang Cai: 97%}]

Clenching his fists tightly, he took one, two, three breaths to calm himself. "It doesn't matter, at least test number 3 was a success."

Nathan got up from the bed and looked at the rug on the floor in front of his bed, from Li Dao's memories that was where he cultivated.

Sitting cross-legged on the rug, Nathan felt a numb sensation flow through his body.

He pressed to begin the process he dubbed cultivation fusion and chose 50%.

He felt like his dantian was overflowing and leaking into his spiritual veins, so he started to absorb them.

  A day later, drenched in sweat, Nathan opened his eyes and was greeted by an interface.

  [Main Cultivation: 3rd Layer of Body Reinforcement.  { Li Dao: 54%}] (+354%)

  [Secondary Cultivation: 8th Layer of Body Reinforcement {Fang Cai: 57%}]

  He got up and stood in front of a mirror.  He looked at the healthy figure that was completely different from the figure of days ago and started to laugh, happy with his discovery.

  "Alright, phase one is done, time to start phase two."  He smiled as he realized that he already had the qualifications to be an inner disciple.

  Returning to the mat and sitting down again, getting into cultivation position, he activated the rest of Fang Cai's cultivation.

  Nathan returned to cultivating and absorbing Qi.  Three days passed, at Li Dao's residence, a young man could be seen sitting cross-legged on a white rug in silence.

  Around him, there was a kind of black liquid that gave off a horrible smell, but it didn't seem to bother the young man.

  He opened his eyes and looked at the liquid around him, silently for a while he raised his hands to the ceiling and started laughing.

  "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

His neighbors heard the ecstatic laughter and were confused, but quickly ignored it.

"He must have made a discovery."

Nathan, still immersed in happiness, again looked at his status only to confirm that it was not a dream.

[Li Dao (Nathan Salt)]

[Main Cultivation: 6th Layer of Body Reinforcement.  { Li Dao: 02%}]

[Secondary Cultivation: None.]

[Cultivation Techniques: Burning Sword (6,800/10,000), Tiger Fang (3,550/10,000)]

[Mastery Points: 120]

When he was interrupted in his cultivation, Nathan was unhappy for a few seconds, but for the first time, his system seemed to care about him.

[Warning!]

[It is not recommended that the host cultivate in the next few days!]

[The host is in the early stages of cultivation.  They are extremely important, if you increase your cultivation even more your base will be weak!]

[Forced unlocking of a system function!]

[You unlocked the store!]

[You acquired the <Cultivation Base Booster> for the cost of 10% of Fang Cai's cultivation.]

[Applying <Cultivation Base Upgrade>!]

[Blocking the storage function.]

Nathan was jealous of the protagonist's system, even though his system was extremely stolen, high cultivation is useless if you don't have cultivation techniques to go along with it, but with the shop function everything changes.

"How do I unlock the store?"

He smiled confidently, he didn't know how, but despite having no conscience, his system had protocols to protect him from making a mistake, so he knew his system would say something.

[You are not the protagonist! Survive as long as you can!]

His expression darkened.

8