Chapter 10 – Hua Lin Chong’s Reunion.
123 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, author here :) I came to give you some information about the story.

1 - The novel will have two protagonists, Li Dao and Zheng Xiang.

2 - Li Dao (the main protagonist) is a cultivator focused on the Dao of the sword. And what I mean by Dao of the Sword is basically that the MC only focuses on things that have something to do with the sword. The kind of MC one would describe with a sword to cut through anything.

Instead of learning fist/finger/palm/leg arts, he prefers to perfect his sword arts. Cultivating your body? Waste of time, better focus on the sword. Taoist spells? No need, better understand the sword's rare intent or when someone uses daoist spells, illusions etc, MC can cut them with his sword. (At least for now that's his main focus, doesn't mean he won't try other techniques.)

3 - So far, everything has gone well for Li Dao, but I haven't introduced any villains or serious problems, and it will probably be that way for a few chapters, but don't worry, the problem is already in my head.

That's it for now, stay with the chapter.

_______________________________________

Soft Sword Sect.

The soft sword sect was not like most of the great sects in the central country. They were a sect focused on cultivating and uniquely understanding the Dao of the Sword. Unlike other sects that disciple them, they need talent for cultivation to enter, in the sect of the soft sword in addition to talent for cultivation, it also needs talent with the sword.

But compared to the others, the Soft Sword's situation was much better than the other authority figures. Although the number of disciples has decreased in recent times, the combat power of someone from the sect of the soft sword was much higher than most.

The soft sword sect was located north of the central region, where the influence of the thundercloud sect was less. It was a land with a range of magnificent mountains with very high peaks. The natural qi at the top of the mountains could be considered the purest of all the lower heavens. The mountains were surrounded by a light fog throughout the year.

Covered in powerful Qi, Li Dao advanced across the lands alongside Hua Lin Chong towards the Smooth Sword Sect. Finally his gaze landed somewhere far ahead, where some people were wearing an outfit with a symbol of two crossed swords and carrying a sword each.

Li Dao fixed his eyes on the cloth hanging from the lowest cultivator.

It was the Soft Sword seal logo.

In the novel, it was said that the soft sword sect often sent people out to look for things for a trade. It felt like it was true.

Knowing that the sect was nearby, he asked Hua Lin Chong to speed up. The cultivators felt immense pressure pass over them at high speed as if a shot had been fired.

"B-but what-"

"What was this!?"

As he flew, Nathan felt that Hua Lin Chong was quieter than usual. During his journey to the thundercloud sect, he had talked with him for a long time and now he was mute.

'I'm sure Zheng Xiang sent him to monitor me. Maybe he's confused whether or not I'm from the middle sky?' He stared at him for a few thoughtful seconds before shrugging. 'Whatever, as long as you protect me, you can act as you wish.'

Li Dao's vision landed on the great mountain. Flying at a height that was considered to be quite high and even though he had a bad qi sensitivity, he could feel the difference in the purity of the qi of this place compared to all the places he had been.

"Damn... How did the thundercloud sect that rules this territory leave this place for someone else?"

Hua Lin Chong was amused by the reaction. With his spiritual sense, he could sense everything around him from a considerable distance, and he sensed a cultivator in the Smooth Sword Sect who was more powerful than all the cultivators he had ever seen in the Thundercloud Sect.

"Hua Lin Chong, go to the top of this mountain." Li Dao ordered as Hua Lin Chong stared at him confusedly before nodding and increasing his flying height.

[...]

Once he reached the top of the mountain, Li Dao was surprised that it was extremely flat, despite the terrain being small compared to the immensity of the rest of the sect. At the top, there was a very large residence which he thought was the leader's house, in front was a large tree with pink leaves falling and below it was a young woman swinging her foil under the tree.

Li Dao's pupil dilated as he watched the girl dance with her foil fluidly. He'd only seen swordsmanship like that when he'd seen the red haired man deliver the second stroke of his strongest art.

As if hypnotized, he approached the place step by step while ignoring everything around him and facing the dance without missing a thing.

As soon as the girl finished, noticing the presence of two strangers on the peak of her master's mountain, she again withdrew her rapier from its sheath and got into a fighting stance.

"Wait Yan'er, don't attack him." Before she could do anything, a beautiful woman came out of the residence. With long black hair and fair skin, eyes as blue as the sea and wearing a kind of bright blue dress.

The woman looked at the girl and then at the man who had arrived, smiling, she cupped her hands together and bowed. "I hail the return of the ancestor Hua Lin Chong!"

At this time, both the little girl and Li Dao had the same reaction, they stared at Hua Lin Chong with surprise in their eyes.

"Ancestral?" Li Dao asked. "Are you from the lower sky?"

"Yes young master Li." Hua Lin Chong walked over to the woman and lifted her up with her bare hands. "Lin Zhange, you've grown so much, I still remember you when you were just a little girl."

The little girl was shocked to see her master smile. She'd been here with her for years and she'd never seen her master smile, who knew it would be so easy?

Hua Lin Chong took her eyes off Li Zhange and looked at the girl behind her. "And who is this?"

Li Zhange looked back and smiled at the confusion in the girl's eyes. "This is my personal disciple, Yan Ziya." As if she had just remembered something extremely important, She ordered, "Hurry Yan'er, greet the ancestor!"

As ordered, Yan Ziya bowed. "Yan Ziya greets the ancestor!"

"Hahahaha!" Hua Lin Chong let out an emotional laugh like never before, he scratched the back of his head and stared at the still bent over girl. "You can stand up, and call me Grandmaster, not ancestor."

Yan Ziya widened his eyes as he faced his master. "Master he..."

"Yes Yan'er, this is my master, that master of the stories I told you about." Yan Ziya's eyes sparkled as she advanced on Hua Ling Chong and started praising him.

While everything was unfolding, someone faced the exchange with some trepidation. 'Looks like I'm left over here...' Li Dao observed the bright and sincere smile on the three people in front of him and couldn't help but smile.

As he didn't want to interrupt their reunion, Li Dao kept quiet at a distance, with the fresh memories of Yan Ziya's movements, a thought crossed his mind:

'Can I be fluid like this?'

He unsheathed his sword which was in a sorry state and started performing the same movement he just saw. Immersed in the new feeling, Li Dao closed his eyes and began to feel his Qi moving.

When he uses his Sword Art Breaking the Red Sky, he feels a flame rise and run through his whole body making his heart race, the Qi chaotically travels through his myridians making him even more excited for the fight. But now swinging his sword with such fluidity, he felt as if he were floating on the sea facing the immensity that is the sky.

His qi circulated quickly through his meridians, but he was calm and serene, he seemed to follow a determined pattern and with each swing of his sword, his breathing became smoother, his movements, these clumsy, became more refined and slower.

When it was over, Li Dao felt something indescribable to any feelings he had felt.

Peace.

Swinging his sword was like cutting through all the frustrations, all the problems, all the burdens and insecurities felt in one fell swoop.

"Th-that..." He opened his eyes slowly as an involuntary smile formed on his lips.

Noticing that the once loud conversation was now muted, he looked ahead and saw the now open-mouthed smiling trio staring at him as if he were a monster.

"Y-you... M-master who... You..."

"Ahem... sorry..." Li Dao scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly as he quickly put away his sword. "I didn't mean to interrupt your reunion."

The girl duo listened in silence and quickly faced Lin Chong hoping he would answer all their questions.

Lin Chong, realizing the distance he was from Li Dao, felt his skin turn pale. "I'm sorry young master Li, I was so excited about the reunion that I forgot my mission."

Unlike before, Hua Lin Chong placed her knees on the ground and bent down putting her head as well.

Li Dao felt a bad feeling as he saw Lin Zhange look at Hua Lin Chong kneeling with his eyes filled with disbelief. 'Damn… why this now!?'

He put his hand to his forehead. "I didn't tell you to kneel, so don't." In a serious voice, he ordered. "Who told you to do this? Zheng Xiang?"

"M-master-" Lin Zhange tried to advance towards him to help him.

"-Zhange! Stay there!" Hua Lin Chong yelled scolding her apprentice. Lin Zhange's shock was considerable at this point.

It had been years since Hua Li Chong had ascended, everyone thought he would become influential in midheaven, but seeing him now kneeling to a child greatly shook his perspective on reality.

"It was not the prince of thunder who ordered me. He only says that I must serve him as I serve him." Obeying the order, the lightsaber raised itself.

"Don't call me Young Master Li, just Li Dao is fine." Li Dao frowned deeply. 'My first impression is gone, Ah...'

Hua Lin Chong watched Li Dao sigh and could understand his frustration. It was obvious that he didn't know that this sect had anything to do with the lightsaber, so he wanted to come here for a reason, and making a bad first impression could make things complicated.

He stared at his disciple and his expression darkened. 'I think I was hasty.' He watched the confused expression turn to anger as Lin Zhange glared at Li Dao.

He knew that Li Dao wanted something from here, and with what had just happened, Lin Zhange probably wouldn't deliver.

So he only had two results.

The least likely, which is Li Dao accepts and leaves. And most likely, he will order Hua Lin Chong to destroy the entire sect.

And even though he didn't want to, being an order from his current master, he had to accept.

For this is the world of cultivation, a cruel world that won't care about love relationships.

Even so, Hua Lin Chong didn't want to destroy the sect, so he began to explain the situation to Lin Zhange through his spiritual sense while introducing Li Dao.

"This is Young Master Li, whom I am currently serving as a guard." He turned to Lin Zhange and pointed at Li Dao. "He asked me to bring him here, so he's here."

Li Dao watched as Lin Zhange was silent for a few seconds and felt anxious. He wanted to come to this sect just to find out something about his talent, he didn't expect Hua Lin Chong to have a past with this sect which is barely described in the novel.

"I apologize for my disciple's misbehavior, Young Master Li."

A cold light entered Li Dao's eyes.

"I thought I told you not to call me by that name."

Seeing the strange mood in the air, Yan Ziya drew his foil and got into a fighting stance. But before she could move forward, she felt her master's touch stop her.

"I apologize for my behavior, Young Master Li." She placed her hand on her disciple's head and forced her to bow down to her. "The gentle sword sect master greets you."

Li Dao felt the murderous intent that Yan Ziya was emanating and sighed.

'There we go again...'

5