Chapter 42 Phoning Boss Leoni
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42

Phoning Boss Leoni

Trigger warning is sort of a spoiler.

Spoiler

mild talk of body disfigurement.

[collapse]

 

Mathew got out his phone straight away and dialled Boss Leoni’s number, his hand shaking he put the call on speakerphone.

It took 6 very long rings before Boss Leoni answered the phone, “Hi Matty, I’m sorry this isn’t a good time.”

His voice shaking as much as his hand, Mathew said, “Boss I’m sorry to disturb you but I have to know, has Rick seen the infamous video?”

“How do you know about that video?!”

Looking at the men around him with an apology in his eyes, Mathew said, “everyone has heard the stories,” Mathew’s gaze travelled up and he held William’s eyes with a tender look as he said with a shaking voice, “I thought they were just rumours until I saw the terrifying way William reacted, Boss I was so scared, I thought he was going to kill Rick.”

William’s head dropped he was so ashamed of himself, what had he done to poor Mathew? As he was beginning to spiral into guilt, he felt a gentle hand tilt his chin up and he saw Mathew sweetly smile at him, not an ounce of fear in his face.

Boss Leoni could only hear Mathew’s trembling voice and he sounded equally worried as he said, “Matty are you safe? He didn’t hurt you did he? I’ll come get you right now if he laid a finger on you.”

Mathew’s acting was ridiculously good as he said with fear in his voice, while still holding William’s chin softly, “they are treating me well at the minute, but I’m terrified what will happen if that video is released. I can’t go back there; Rick will kill me! But if Rick shows that video to people, I don’t know what they will do to me here. Boss do you know what is going on?”

“I don’t know Matty, I had no idea he even knew about the video until you told me what he said. We are keeping an eye on him, I’ll warn you if I hear of anything, but Matty...” Boss Leoni sighed and after a long moment said, “...don’t come back here for a couple of days, I think you’re safer with William.”

The sound of knocking sounded on Boss Leoni’s door, then there were footsteps as Rick walked in saying, “Father I need to talk to you.”

The men in the apartment covered their mouths to stop any sound coming out.

Boss Leoni's voice turned stern as he said, “get the shipment here on time or you’ll really be sorry.” Then the phone was tapped and the sound of the voices changed as Boss Leoni put his phone on speaker.

Garry quickly moved through the crowd and tapped an app on Mathew’s phone, turning it on to record the conversation, then moved quietly back.

Mathew’s hand was shaking violently, so William gently stabilised it from underneath.

“What do you want?” Growled Boss Leoni, “haven’t you caused enough trouble for one day?”

Rick’s voice was vicious as usual, “why should I have to listen to that bastard traitor and that scarred freak? We are Leoni’s we can do what ever we want.”

“Is that what I have taught you? I thought you were better than this, I have gotten where I have through working with people.”

Rick almost spat his words out his anger was so great, “scum like that aren’t people! They aren’t even worthy to wipe my feet on. I don’t understand why you saved that nippleless freak.”

William couldn’t help but flinch as waves of shame and rage filled his heart, but he kept control of his anger.

Boss Leoni’s voice came through the speaker in a roar, “that nippleless freak as you call him; gave everything for his men, including his nipples! What have you ever given for anyone?”

His voice low Rick said with contempt, “you make it sound like you are so virtuous, what have you ever given up for anyone, Father?”

The sadness in Boss Leoni’s voice was heart wrenching as he said, “I gave up your Mother to save you.”

Rick screamed like a madman, “you’re the reason they shot at us in the first place! You should have used your fat body to cover both of us, not just me! Why are parents so stupid?! Mathew’s idiot parent’s both covered him and look what it got him!”

Mathew’s hand went limp, right before his legs, William grabbed him with his free hand and sat him down on the floor with Luke’s help, the mobile held safely in his other hand.

As Rick’s scream faded there was stunned silence on both sides of the phone. Eventually Boss Leoni said, “where did I go so wrong with you?”

“I’m not the one you went wrong with,” arrogantly retorted Rick, “I’m still here doing what needs to be done, unlike that sniffling coward you took in.”

Fear in his voice, Boss Leoni asked, “what have you done?”

“What you should have done years ago, I’m going to topple the old regimes and take my rightful place as the leader of it all.”

“No Rick you can’t! The Bosses will kill us all!”

His voice strained and manic Rick cried, “it’s already done! That wonder full piece of cinema has gone to every news outlet in the country! It will obviously take some time before they show it; I mean 24 hours of such fascinating entertainment takes a while to digest. Although I guess some of them might run with the highlights straight away. I do hope one of them is brave enough to put the part with the pen on national TV.” Rick’s manic laughter was cut short by the sound of Boss Leoni punching him.

“Is that all you’ve got old man?!” Rick laughed again, his shrill voice cutting through the sound of a fist fight, then many people could be heard entering the room, the fighting getting more intense.

After a few minutes Boss Leoni came back on the phone, he was breathing hard as he said, “Matty tell William, warn the whole group, they are the best of us, tell him I’m sorry.”

“Police put your hands where...” In the next moment the phone went dead.

0