Chapter 25- Lesson Learned? Nah!
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The scroll’s dim blue glow split into two and spread around like someone took two pencils to complete each half of the circle until they meet. The grew taller into a curtain-like veil and when it dropped, we were in a candle-lit cavern. The floor was carved stone, with a chandelier over the top and what sounded like a crackling fire in the distance.

 

I was having a lot of fun just going all over the place, I’d have to take a look at where I’ve been once, I get to level 5. The map would be a big help or maybe I’d find an actual one. Come to think of it, this elf is an adult!

 

They always looked so young so for all I knew they could be 100, maybe 200… maybe 500 years old! They had pouches riddling their belt. … I got a look at just how chiseled their body was even without their shirt on, their chest was flat, but I could still make out an outline of a developing 4-pack from the bandages around their stomach. I took their torn shirt out of my inventory before taking off my own and folding them up to rest their head on while making their shirt a makeshift blanket. 

 

[1x Unidentified Dress Shirt]

 

What worried me most now was just where was I?!

 

After I had begun to slink against the smoothed rock walls, the sudden blare of trumpets made me jump. I turned my head and was welcomed to a golden notification.

 

[Welcome to AVRIL]

 

[Title gained: LIVRA Pioneer]

 

‘That was 30 minutes?! I got lost in here!’

 

I dragged my back against the wall and the notification lowered with me until I was sitting on the floor. 

 

‘My health isn’t looking too good, I’d be able to last a while but, who’s to say what lies ahead.’

 

I took the moment with the same scorched message in sight to check my status and click the second tab in between [Inventory] and [Friends] to get to the [Mail]. I clicked on the only one called, The Loss of Poopie Head for some reason…

 

I got a nice laugh out of it before I clicked on the message and watched it drop open in a similar fashion to the scroll.

 

- - - - - - - 

 

Everyone,

 

While it’s not required in gameplay, you will have to face numerous challenges together in and out of the game. There may be instances where you may be invited to a dungeon by another member. We’ll also have a group warehouse under the name, Zero.

 

You may place anything you may not use there as you please to help another. Lastly, some things you may receive as a reward or out of a chest could be something from … you.

 

When you return, only a few hours may pass. I hope you all have a wonderful experience!

 

Yours Truly,

 

… Sirus…. 

 

That’ll work for now…

 

- - - - - - 

 

There was no trace of our previous chat to be found. 

 

‘It was so much easier to hear their voices.  But the chat was nice too I guess… Ugh, too complicated, time to play!’

 

I got up with a little pep in my step and started to slink my way against the wall. I came up the better I dead to activate [Stealth Lv.2] before continuing on my way.

 

It wasn’t a skill I had before but, I was glad to have it. I managed to make it for 5 minutes before the skill would end. I crotched down by the end of the hall and made sure to look around, I mumbled under my breath.

 

“Dang it!” (Kohaku)

 

“What appears to be the problem?”

 

“I can’t stay hidden in this place!” (Kohaku)

 

“Why would you need to be hidden?”

 

“I’m trying to make sure it’s safe so we could get out of here, Hisashi.” (Kohaku)

 

“... What are we going to do with the elf?”

 

“I… hmm… we got them bandaged up and gave them the potion, but I think getting them to a doctor first… maybe a cleric?” I shrugged it off while looking side to side, the coast being clear for so long brought me some ease.

 

“...And then what?”

 

“... Hisashi?” (Kohaku)

 

“Mhm?” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“Do you remember how much a cleric cost?” (Kohaku)

 

“I believe it’s about… 5 silver coins for their services.” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“F-fa-fa, five silver…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“With the copper… we have 4…” (Kohaku)

 

“...Mm…” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“We won’t have enough to get a room…” (Kohaku)

 

“Ah.” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“Maybe we could buy a tent…” (Kohaku)

 

“That’s 5 silvers as well.” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“...” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“M-maybe we could earn some money! I’ll sell the stuff we got!” (Kohaku)

 

“... Perhaps the egg might be worthwhile.” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“Yeah! Ah-! But what if it helps one of the others?” (Kohaku)

 

“Others?” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“We’ve only made this far with their help; I couldn’t bandage up the elf like that…. They were probably caught off guard too…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“... Probably naked…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“And they had such a nice pair already…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“They probably already think I’m a pervert…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“Seeing their face again is going to be so embarrassing… I don’t even know what they look like yet…” (Kohaku)

 

“... What if the elf has a bounty?” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“Do you think that means they have money to help? But what if they’re a part of a gang? What if they’re a kidnapper?” (Kohaku)

 

“N-” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“What if they choose to take me captive? What if I sell poorly?!” (Kohaku)

 

“Wh-” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“What if they want to make me marry some princess to get rich? I’m too young to settle down!” (Kohaku)

 

“Now wa-” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“We’ll have seven kids… maybe the others will help me learn how to parent…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“I’m poor either way… sold… maybe in a dump…” (Kohaku)

 

“...” That was when the figure decided to tap me, and I jumped. 

 

I turned my head as slowly as possible to see a time-worn and wrinkly hand with a small sack outstretched toward me. My blood stopped circulating as my body made the full 180 degrees.

 

This wizened man had a bandana on his head, a scar running down his right eye and his left eye widened to the point that it could’ve popped out of his eye socket.. His aquiline nose and bandit attire didn’t … scare… me…

 

Our eyes locked for a good 10 seconds before the old man threw his head back hollering.

 

“OH HOO HOO HOO!”

 

I was shaking where I stood when in fear of this madman, If I could activate Mind’s eye again, I would’ve. This was like using a nuclear bomb to kill a mosquito.

 

‘How is it out of the 3 NPCs I’ve interacted with; I can’t see the name of two of them?! Luan! I MISS YOU!’

 

This guy had his owl impersonation down, I didn’t want to be there any longer and I wasn’t very good at hiding that fact. He moved his head back down and stared me dead in the eyes again.

 

“Ahem!  Apologies, it appears that you helped my nibling greatly.” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“Your nibling?” (Kohaku)

 

“Yes, they are quite… I’m sorry, something about you just reminds me of someone…” (‘Hisashi’)

 

“... Are you going to rob me now?” (Kohaku)

 

“Oh! No, no, no. I was just playing around.” The Illusory glamor dropped, the man was in fact in heavy armor instead of the light clothes he had as a bandit. Now, my eyes were bulging out. I didn’t hear a peep and he managed to get behind me… maybe he was always behind me.

 

“We must be on our way now, thank you for looking out for them. Do take this as a piece of my gratitude… I do also hope your ally isn’t upset with you.” He handed me the small pouch before making his way to the elf and with a blink of my eyes, I was in an abandoned house.

 

30 minutes into the game and I couldn’t process what the fuck happened. I did feel a slight chill from the wind without my shirt. 

 

‘DID I GET TELEPORTED AGAIN?! WHERE AM I?!’ 

 

This time I made sure to look about the place for any clue of where I could be. The place was dark and dusty. Just as I went to call on my status again, the pile of clothing I found didn’t escape me. 

 

I wanted to know what it was like to be in the elf’s shoes… It wouldn’t have helped that my charisma was abysmal. As a hobgoblin, my figure could’ve been as tall as an orc, but I kept to a nice 5’7’’...

 

It was a nice change of pace being the new me from the broad body I was used to, I narrowed my shoulders a little and went for a leaner body type. There was only so much I could change otherwise; I’d be more uncomfortable. 

 

There was only so much time I had to play immediately, so I didn’t waste time worrying about what I could and couldn’t change.

 

There was so much I could do and with the state, I was in, my face was flushed at the idea…

 

*Click*

 

***

 

“What’s the matter?” (Makoto)

 

“Do you guys mind if it’s just the two of us for a little bit?” Kohaku gestured over to his left where a certain person beamed blissfully.

 

“Mmm…, I mean you lost though.” (Hotaru)

 

“Oi.” (Hibiki)

 

“Ugh, fine. We better get to listen afterward! We’re all spilling!” (Hotaru)

 

With that our two most formally dressed had left the table through the very same door Hibiki… managed to rearrange…

 

“Well, you’re there.” (Hibiki)

 

“Can’t you-” (Kohaku)

 

“I could. However, that means I get to say anything I’d like to. I’m sure you would like this to be… civil to a degree, no?” (Hibiki)

 

“...” (Kohaku)

 

*Click*

 

***

 

Player | Traits | Skills | Title

Name: Hiro

Pronouns: He/Him

Race: Hobgoblin

Class: Monk (Lvl.2)

HP: 100/100

Str: 12 (2)

 

Dex: 6 (4 + Racial) 

 

Int: 1

 

Wis: 3 (1+ Racial)

 

Cha: 2

 

Stm: 6

 

End: 5 (4)

 

Stamina: 60

 

Attribute Points: 0

 

Status: [Adrenaline]

Traits

 

[Athletic] 

 

With a conditioned body, you’ll have an easier time maneuvering.

 

-10% Stamina Use

— 

 

 [Darkvision (Passive)]

 

Punch [Lv.1] [-]

 

Kick [Lvl.1] [-]

 

Dash [Lvl.2] [-]

 

Stealth [Lv.2] [-]

 

Nothing out of the ordinary, I dismissed the panel. This newfound idea made my face grow in heat and the feeling was growing more apparent between my thighs, I hurried for one of the other rooms.

 

Down the hall were rooms in similar states of dismay, I was planning to go for another before I saw a shimmering rose gold film over one of the entrances…

 

My heart was racing, someone else was here. My arousal got the better of me. I slowly reached for the curtain before the notification emerged.

 

<This area is 18+ for the next 12 hours. Would you like to join?> 

 

<Yes> or <No>

 

There was a slight hesitation before I confirmed and had another one pop up.

 

<The host has permitted you to enter.>

 

I stepped through the veil into a room that brought everywhere I’ve been so far to shame. Rose petals drifted across the water split apart by the iridescent bridge between two arches of white marble.

 

Everything was illuminated under a light pink glow, the more I walked, I thought this place was more of an explorable dimension on its own. I made it to the peak of the bridge before I got to marvel in the candlelit circle at the end.

 

I only got a peek at the other person mouthing something before the bridge dissolved beneath my feet. My heart dropped as I took a dive into the crystalline water below.

 

A chill wrapped around my figure, easing me into the experience with a… massage and a slow raise of the temperature. The ball of water splashed into the platform; I braced the impact just for my head to land on a fluffy carpet.

 

I was already pitching a tent before I was stimulated further, I could’ve been there forever, but that dream was short-lived when I was pulled away. A gravelly voice rang out in laughter and the presumed host was front and center.

 

“Aha- I’m sorry. I tried to warn you. The being here do like being a little, handsy.”

 

I could barely think straight, aghast by the realization of what I landed in. Going by the name, Sacred, stood a dryad with a soft gaze was enough to make me want to melt. He stood over me by a couple of inches at 5’11’’.

 

“Hey, eyes are up here. What do you wanna do?”

 

‘Have mercy…’

 

*Cli-*

 

2