Chapter 5- Wave
92 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

*Click*

 

“Well, I’m sure you guys had some interesting events when you got that notice. It was just me and Jules as my soul from the start.” (Hibiki)

 

“...” (????)

 

“...” (???)

 

“...Wow, You really just did a whole lot of nothing. No explanation? Just jump right into it?!” (??)

 

“Ugh, All that stuff is so complicated though~.” (Hibiki)

 

“WHICH IS WHY YOU EXPLAIN IT FIRST!” (??)

 

“Okay, okay. If you feel so good about it then, explain.” (Hibiki)

 

“WHY SHOULD I WHEN YOU CAN DO IT BETTER?!” (??)

 

 

“Is it too late to tell him?” (???)

 

“I think so. We can’t let him get to us like that.” (????)

 

“Agreed. He’s probably tunnel visioning” (???)

 

“... It bothered you too, didn’t it?” (????)

 

“I have no clue what you mean.” (???)

 

“...” (????)

 

“...”(???)

 

“Well alright then.” (????)

 

 

“YOU LITERALLY-” (??)

 

“Well, it’s only you yelling so, I guess that means you’re going next! You can finally let out those pent-up emotions.” (Hibiki)

 

“Urk-Fuck! Fine! I better get what I want after this.” (??)

 

“I always make good on my promises, you know that.” (Hibiki)

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. I guess that’s a pretty good start too if you EXPLAIN so I’ll use it after!” (??)

 

“Be my guest.” (Hibiki)

 

“....” (??)

 

*Sigh* It’s going to be a long day. (???) + (????)

 

*Click*

 

***

 

I sat down on the floor trying to meditate in this dark hallway I was in. The light coming from the periphery wasn’t something I paid much mind to. 

 

With my [Mind’s eye], I was able to envision myself sitting on a calm lake, the sky was bright and clear, the light breeze going through my hair. The three people around me were silent, it’s times like these that made me enjoy having access to my psyche. 

 

It wasn’t the easiest thing to understand what was happening exactly over the past five years but what I was able to piece together wasn’t the most pleasant thing.

 

Taking deep breaths, in… and out.

 

After a short while, I managed to catch the slight extensions to someone breathing along with me. I opened my eyes to find one of my newest friends, Futsu meditating too. He opens up his pupil less green eyes to look at me. He had a skinny figure and kept his short dark brown hair up in a ponytail with both of his sides shaved.

 

“You doing alright, Kohaku?” (Futsu)

 

“Yeah, I’ll be fine…” (Kohaku)

 

“Hey, don’t let it get to you too much. It’ll be just like we practiced.” (Futsu)

 

“Right,… just with a crowd of people…” (Kohaku)

 

Suddenly, we heard the roars of the riled crowd coming from the entrance. Two people in white uniforms were taking one of the injured competitors off the field on a stretcher. At this point, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen the same scene over again. 

 

It wasn’t someone I was familiar with but I knew from the pale, blank look on their face that their patron probably had it with them.

 

“You’ll be alright! Don’t worry about it.” Futsu stood up in front of me and reached out his hand.

 

I grasped it as he pulled me up, he gave me a quick side hug and a pat on the back before pushing me off to the entrance. 

 

“Good luck!” (Futsu)

 

“Thanks!” (Kohaku)

 

I’m Kohaku and my life is kinda crazy. 

 

I’m sorry, I’ll stop.

 

B: (It’s no different from how we normally fight, I don’t see the big deal.)

 

M: (Foolish, as usual.)

 

B: (WHAT DID YOU SAY?!)

 

M: (I will never understand how you qualify as a monk...)

 

B: (Maybe it’s because I’m super awesome!)

 

M: (More like a super moron.)

 

B: (WHY YOU!)

 

(Alright, Hisashi, Yasu. Chill out, you guys.)

 

B: (Sorry…) (Yasu)

 

M: (My apologies.) (Hisashi)

 

“It’s alright, let’s just focus on here and now. It sounds like you two are good to go, how are we feeling, Hikari?” (Kohaku)

 

S: (I’m alright as well, will we be sticking with Taijutsu?)  (Hikari)

 

(Nah, we gotta find a way to incorporate our kekkai genkai too.)

 

S: (Very well. Do take note that we aren’t as strong now, you won’t be able to use as many abilities now.) (Hikari)

 

BKohaku: ((Pfft-))

 

S: (I SAY THIS because we don’t know what exactly this body can handle yet. So, do yourself a favor and act with caution.) (Hikari)

 

BKohaku: ((Yes, mom!))

 

S: (Ugh…) (Hikari)

 

“Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen! You know her, you love her. Our champion, Chino, has come back for this fight everyone!”

 

The crowd goes wild, I remember when Chino came here before. She made appearances from time to time and managed to hype up the coliseum every time she showed her face. 

 

I didn’t know who’d I be facing! Why would this be my first fight?! What did I do to deserve this?!

 

Then the announcer went on…

 

“Today, facing against her, a genius and new addition to the coliseum, Kohaku!”

 

Everyone stopped dead in their tracks as I jogged towards my side of the coliseum. I felt like I was back in middle school. The feeling of everyone’s gazes pierced me as I could only hear the small murmurs going about the stands.

 

“Who’s that guy?”

 

“Ugh, another nobody”

 

“The coliseum is starting to go downhill.”

 

“I need to get my money back!”

 

It felt like the world was closing in. My right hand began to tremble, I left myself to be judged again. I didn’t know what to do, what am I supposed to-

 

“HEY KOHAKU!”

 

In an instant, I snapped out of my thoughts and turned back to see Futsu cupping his hands at my entrance.

 

“YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING SQUIRREL, RELAX!”

 

My face began to glow red when I processed what he said.

 

The chatter of the audience immediately died again.

 

This awkward atmosphere that felt so oppressive slowly began to lighten up as this small chuckle from the crowd grew louder as it made its way through the stadium

 

It didn’t take much longer for Chino to burst out laughing.

 

“Hahaha, Squirrel boy!”

 

It took a screeching noise from the speakers to get the audience to shut up.

 

“AHEM, if I may have the audience’s attention back here, we’ll begin to announce the rules of this fight.”

 

The laughter died down as I looked over to see Chino was excited, I couldn’t let her appearance fool me, her nickname wasn’t the blood behemoth for nothing.

 

“As this is the first appearance of our new challenger, this isn’t going to be the sort of fight you see every day. First, this fight will go on for no longer than 10 minutes.

 The goal is not to injure your opponent but to subdue them, and with 10 hits on the other, they’ll win the fight no matter what the time remaining is. 

 

Widespread Jutsus will only count as 1 hit even if the effect can go on. Knocking the competitor unconscious is an instant win.”

 

Let’s focus, the things I needed to watch out for were Chino’s use of water release along with her Ketsuryugan. Even though we’re both 6, she’s been dominating every opponent she’s gone against with her dojutsu.

 

“Now that’s all been said, Let the fight… BEGIN!”

 

6