Chapter 9- Blaze
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

 

*Click*

 

“Well, that sucked.” (???)

 

“W-what?!” (Kohaku)

 

“I’m glad it was just that.”

 

“Why, because you’ve had a better time?” (Hibiki)

 

“N-no!”

 

“Right…” (???)

 

“Aw, let’s not bully him. His face is getting redder by the minute.” (Kohaku)

 

“It’s not!” (????)

 

“All those who reject my statement say I!” (Hibiki)

 

“I!” (????)

 

“All those who oppose Princey’s opinion!” (Hibiki)

 

“I.” (Kohaku)

 

“I!” (Hibiki)

 

“And I, we’ve come to the verdict! Calling your bullshit! (???)

 

“Argh, all of you just shut up!” (????)

 

“Pfft. Shall we give your highness a royal pardon?” (???)

 

“I believe we shall.” (Kohaku)

 

“A-all in favor?” (????)

 

“I!” (???, Kahuko, Hibiki)

“... I…” (????)

 

“It has been done!”  (Kohaku)

 

“Oh Hibiki, you’re so quiet now.” (???)

 

“Bitch.” (Hibiki)

 

“Whore.” (???)

 

“Ugh, you know why…” (Hibiki)

 

“Oh, do I?” (???)

 

“I’m surprised you forgot.” (????)

 

*Sigh* “We can talk about it later.” (Hibiki)

 

“Hmm? Well, whatever then. It’ll come to me. Love you, whore!” (???)

 

“Aw, Love you too, bitch.” (Hibiki)

 

“How the fuck are you two friends?” (????)

 

“You’d never understand.” (???)

 

“It’s all for the agenda!” (Hibiki)

 

“Oh! You’re talking about-” (Kohaku)

 

“SILENCE FOOL!” (Hibiki, ???)

 

“Alright, alright. Let’s be serious now. A little constructive criticism Kohaku? One, who the fuck needed all that, info dump much. We got time, that’s not something you can just scarf down! Two, if you’re gonna make it spicy, MAKE IT SPICY! Don’t get my hopes up!” (???)

 

“B-” (Kohaku)

 

“No buts! My turn!” (???)

 

*Click*

 

***

 

 In the middle of the night, we lurked the halls of the manor, not to move with haste but to ensure that we wouldn’t have to worry about being beheaded by our dastardly foes.

 

By 12:15 when the lights were off and everyone should be asleep, I hid around a corner and managed to keep my [Sneak] skill active. I had to remain cautious because even the slightest movement would alert the guards to my presence.

 

It sucked not being able to master our clan skill yet, but I wasn’t too worried, taking out targets was no biggie for me. The only difference between then and now is that I had a person by my side, my partner in crime, my comrade!

 

“Hotaru, are you sure this is a good idea?”

 

“Of course, they’ll never be able to know it was us! Besides, are you having fun too?” (Hotaru)

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Hehe okay, let’s keep it low.” (Hotaru)

 

“Hehe, right!”

 

We slept a little earlier today just so we could pull off this stunt. I spent weeks taking note of the guards’ routes to ensure that this plan would be perfect. We were in peaceful times now, if not for that, I’m positive we would’ve been caught at the entrance.

 

Looking about we made sure not to catch anyone and snuck into the room. Both of us knew exactly what we were looking for we could smell it. The sweet taste of victory was right at the tip of our tongues. 

 

Just as we reached our target, I pulled out a small golden needle from my pocket and a light waft of what smelled like lilacs hit my nose just as the lights turned on. A certain woman stood there, not looking too pleased while the man behind her stifled his laughter.

 

“Hotaru, Yakumo. What are you two doing up?”

 

There she stood, with her nagajuban under her blue kimono. Uroko Kurama, our mom. Holding the right side of her hair behind her ear while the rest was loose toward the left. The very person I had to blame for me looking like Dora the Explorer. She didn’t cross her arms, but her eyes were already speaking for her. 

 

Dad, Murakumo Kurama was distracted collecting himself. Dressed in the same manner only his kimono was green. His soft, short brown hair was growing over the back of his head becoming more of a mullet, I was curious to see if I could save his hairline from receding in the future. I could only pray for more hair on his head even if it may be futile.

 

“We’ve been had, Hotaru.” (Yakumo)

 

“Shh, just follow my lead.” (Hotaru)

 

Ugh! We were so close too!

 

It was like Yakumo read my mind, we both wrapped our arms around each other and yawned “Good morning, Papa, Mama…”

 

DOUBLE STRIKE!

 

The grin dad was trying to hide was telling me that we got this in the bag. But a chill emanated and put everything to a halt as mom smiled at the two of us with her cold dead eyes. 

 

Shit, she’s onto us! Her resistance to sugar coating is over 9000!

 

I couldn’t react but Yakumo couldn’t help but be more open about her emotions, her arm shook a little, so I gave her arm a small squeeze to reassure her.

 

“It’s midnight, what are you two doing up?” (Uroko)

 

“Oh, it is?” (Hotaru)

 

“We were just going to the bathroom and were going to go back to bed.” (Yakumo)

 

Shit, Yagura!

 

“Mhm…, so that’s why the two of you are in the kitchen. Especially after what we were baking today?” (Uroko)

 

“U- Uhuh…” (Hotaru)

 

“Honey.” (Uroko)

 

Dad jumped a little, he knew well even without looking, what’d he’d see. 

 

“Ah! Well, you two should be heading back to bed now. Your mother and I have some business to attend to.” (Murakumo)

 

He’s blushing, shit! Mom got the upper hand!

 

I had to keep up the act but that was some way to tell us what they were doing. 

 

B: (Looks like the jigs up) (?)

 

I heard a light giggle accompanied by, S: (You did a lot better this time, sweetie. With Yakumo too, no less. But alas, you can’t hide the judgment behind your face.) (?)

 

(I couldn’t help that mom went for a guy whose mustache looked like a second pair of eyebrows!)

 

Dad already stood straight stiff while the small gulp wasn’t doing him any favors and soon that was gonna be in more ways than one.

 

***

 

GEEZ! (????)

 

Pfft- (Hibiki)

 

Haha! (Kohaku)

 

***

 

Mom made her way over and picked me up while dad moved for Yakumo. With nothing but a sense of defeat in our hearts, we started making our way down the darkened hall. Its regular pale-yellow walls looked blue covered by the shadows of the compound.

 

The operation was a bust, but I don’t think either of us minded it as much. It was one of the new pleasures I had in this life, it was always a better feeling to be in the warmth of their arms. I even heard Yakumo’s light snoring before we made it back to our rooms. 

 

Mom tucked us in and gave both of us a small kiss on the forehead before going ahead. Dad gave a kiss to Yakumo before turning back to me like a deer caught in headlights. I bet that’s how we looked cause I nearly burst out laughing.

 

“I still look good right?” (Murakumo)

 

“Mhm, Papa looks handsome.” (Hotaru)

 

“Alright sweetie, thank you!” (Murakumo)

 

“Good night, love you.” As he kissed my forehead and scrambled for the entrance.

 

“Love you too, papa.” (Hotaru)

 

Only to turn back to see me and Yakumo casually chewing on a sweet, sweet Shio Daifuku. I gotta say, mom’s red bean paste was divine.

 

“You!” (Murakumo)

 

“We’re not telling if you aren’t.” (Yakumo)

 

“Oh really? What would you have on me?” (Murakumo)

 

Ask and you shall receive.

 

“I wonder how mom would feel about you getting a secret order of Icha Icha Paradise for the clansmen.” (Haruto)

 

“Not to mention, Icha Icha Violence to go along with it.” (Yakumo)

 

“How-” (Murakumo)

 

“We couldn’t find you to play so we spent a little time digging.” (Hotaru)

 

“Are you blackmailing me? Your papa?!” (Murakumo)

 

“Mom always said to use whatever you have to your advantage.” (Yakumo)

 

“So, we got it, your move, bucko” (Hotaru)

 

“Fine. You win this time.” (Murakumo)

 

“Don’t keep her waiting, you know what happened last time.” (Hotaru)

 

“Fine. Good night!” (Murakumo)

 

“Good night~!” (Yakumo, Hotaru)

 

With a pleasant dessert in my stomach, I stared up into the ceiling of our room. It was supposed to be a giant gold bird flying through the sky, over the village. Truly…. It just looked like a poorly drawn chicken. I remember mom was laughing for days on end at Dad’s work.

 

It was a nice reminder that now was my chance to find joy in the smaller things instead of having to worry for days on end.

 

How I went from assassinating targets to being a little girl wasn’t the easiest thing to adjust to, I think everyone just goes through a period of trying to accept the circumstances. A lot of questioning if this is real but luckily, I still had my specters by my side which brought a sense of comfort while we sorted out our thoughts.

 

Going from playing in Astrya to having it infect earth was already a difficult change but now I’m here in Naruto. There wasn’t any panic but it’s just a lot you know?!

 

Besides the characters I cosplayed and my siblings’ favorite things, I didn’t have much to go on if I needed to do anything, so I just decided that I’ll try to live a normal life…. That became a pipe dream when I found out that I was a child to the clan head….

 

So, I simply went along with things….

 

***

 

-Yakumo’s POV-

 

“YOU’LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!” (Hotaru)

 

“Ms. Hotaru, please…”

 

“WHO NEEDS FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS ANYWAYS?!” (Hotaru)

 

“You know, if you do this mom will let us go out again.” (Yakumo)

 

“You have my attention.” (Hotaru)

 

***

 

“What are you doing?” (Yakumo)

 

“I’m going to play again, you coming?” (Hotaru)

 

“But-” (Yakumo)

 

“We could leave a genjutsu for a couple of hours.” (Hotaru)

 

“...” (Yakumo)

 

“Soooo…?” (Hotaru)

 

“Let’s go…” (Yakumo)

 

“See, you always have a good time” (Hotaru)

 

“Yeah, yeah…” (Yakumo)

***

 

“I don’t see a problem here.” (Hotaru)

 

“YOU MADE THE GUARDS CHASE THE TWO OF YOU AROUND ALL DAY AND YOU OUT IN THE VILLAGE!” (Murakumo)

 

“Again, no problem. Great work out, guys.” (Hotaru)

 

“YOU LEFT THE CLANSMEN NAKED AND UNCONSCIOUS IN THE WOODS!” (Murakumo)

 

“There’s no proof that was me.” (Hotaru)

 

“WHO ELSE WOULD LEAVE A BANNER THAT PROFANE IN THE WOODS!” (Murakumo)

 

“Big talk for no…” (Yakumo)

 

“DON’T READ IT” (Murakumo)

 

“What is that word?” (Yakumo)

 

“Bock Bock Ba-” (Hotaru)

 

“HO-TA-RU!”

 

***

 

“....” (Hotaru)

 

“....” (Kahuko)

 

“....” (????)

 

“You were saying?” (Hibiki)

 

“... I- I was...” (Hotaru)

 

“Uh-huh, speak a little louder for our audience.” (Hibiki)

 

“Okay, so I wasn’t the easiest child to look over.” (Hotaru)

 

“A menace.” (????)

 

“Demon.” (Hibiki)

 

“You had a fun nickname I’m pretty sure…” (Kohaku)

 

“W- we don’t need to-” (Hotaru)

 

“Mm…I don’t know about that.” (Hibiki)

 

***

 

“YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN’T HIDE CYCLOPS!” (Hotaru)

 

“I’m calling your mother.” (Kakashi)

 

“COME ON, JUST ONE!” (Hotaru)

 

***

 

“Ms. Kurama, …your daughter was… terrorizing civilians.”

 

“It was well deserved!” (Hotaru)

 

“Hotaru…” (Uroko)

 

***

 

“....” (????)

 

“I could do this all day.” (Hibiki)

 

“Buzzkill.” (Hotaru)

 

“What was it again…” (Kohaku)

 

“Alright, so I had my fair share of fun until it got to the point that ANBU had to watch our move, happy?! It’s not like I was the only one!” (Hotaru)

 

“Keep telling yourself that.” (Hibiki)

 

“WIPE THE FAKE ASS GRIN OFF YOUR FUCKING FACE!” (Hotaru)

 

***

 

Back the moment before I was so rudely interrupted. Before shutting my eyes, I had to look at my Status.

 

Player  Traits   Skill Tree         ???

 

Name: Hotaru Kurama

 

Class: Rogue (Lvl 2), Artisan (Lvl 1)

 

Str: 2

Dex: 15 (5)

Int: 11(6)

Wis: 3

Cha: 17 (2)

Stm: 4

Chakra: 51 /75

 

Status: [Normal]

 

Affinities: Fire, Wind, Yin

 

Title

===

<Growth>Shifter (Common)- Replace the position of things and teleport 

(Small objects)

+5 Dex

???

???

 

Reincarnation- With the death of your previous self, you’re able to transfer one ability from your past life to this one.

  • +15 Chakra

 

Abilities

=====

 

Sneak (Lvl 5)- Use a veil of shadows to make your presence less noticeable, you may assist 3 targets with half of your boost.

(Dex*3 + Boost)

25% Stealth boost 

50% Within the dark

75% At night

Duration: 10 minutes (May be extended by chakra use)

(Cost: 10 Chakra) (Extend: 4 Chakra per 5 minutes)

 

Backstab (Lvl 3) (Shifter)- Take your enemy by surprise with a sudden strike at their opening.

Deals 15 damage

(Additional damage: +10) (10 Chakra)

 

Swipe (Lvl 2)- Your quick handiwork leaves people unaware that they lost something. Hiding the object well and keeping it secure. Fails when someone’s Wis is higher than your Dex + Cha.

10% Speed boost

5% Stealth boost

Cost (5 Chakra)

 

<G>Shift (Stage 1)- You may complete this ability to swap a small object of your choice within 30 feet

(Cost: 3 Chakra)

 

R: Daughter of the Moon (Lvl 2)- A powerful force relating to the source watches over you. You can call upon it for assistance. You may allow a spirit to speak to you for 6 minutes.

Duration: 6 minutes (Once a week)

Cost: (30 Chakra)

Question: 1 (50 Chakra)

 

Reincarnate Bonus

  • 15 Charisma
  • 5 Int
  • 5 ???

 

???- ???

 

Merchant’s Eye (Lvl 6)- Take some time to critically recognize the condition, quality, and object in front of you.

Duration: 20 Seconds

 

3 skills from my main class, 1 from my second, and then they’re the ones I’ve gotten from my titles making for a grand total of 6 skills overall. 

 

(How are we looking, Ella?)

 

S: (Yakumo will be fine for the month, dear. I’m still figuring out what exactly it is if that’s what you’re asking.) (Ella)

 

I was proud, even if I only leveled up once back then. The plan was set in motion, Operation Rose Venom was a go!

2