Chapter 53- Lust for Life
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

*Click*

- SilentFox’s POV-

[You have been killed by [REDACTED]!]

[EXP+ Bonus has been reset.] [EXP+ → EXP] 

[Dropped Nightwalker Boots.]

[Dropped Unidentified Map.]

[Dropped 20 Silver.]

[Would you like to respawn?]

[Accept or Decline]

“THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE!” I jumped off the table and up to my feet in a rush as a yelp and something crashing could be heard outside of the room.

“SHHH!!” The spectacled priest basically hissed at me!

“Heh, sorry…” I slowly opened the curtain and got bumped by a short girl running past me.

“WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!”

“SHHH!”  The church resounded as a bunch of priests staring daggers with a finger to their mouth at me while I left the church.

[Your Reputation with the Telemark Church has decreased by 30.]

[Lilliana has messaged you.]

[Can no longer be messaged]

[Teleporting…]

‘What’s their deal?’ I swiped the notifications popping up and started making a dash to the forest when the scenery changed, and I went head-first into the iron bars.

[-15]

“Ow! Wha?”

The room was dark, with the only light coming from the small, barred window I ran into where a short girl was standing outside and waved before walking past.

“What did I do? WHAT DID I DO? NONONONONO!!!”

‘THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!!’

*Click*

“Casually forget you were a PKer.” I rolled my eyes.

*Click*

-Hibiki (W)’s POV-

“Young lad, why are you just sitting there?” The gruff voice grew closer while I came to terms with what losing a level before I got to town meant for me now.

‘This is cool… I guess.’

I was lost wonder where I’d respawn to when a hefty hand was placed on my shoulder before I was jettisoned forward and flipped into a squat as the feeling returned to my body. I took off.

The wind rushed past as I was looking over the white hair before taking note of the eyes peering out from the tree as I stuck my landing.

“Oh~!” The figure clapped fervently

“Thank y-” I almost took a bow before froze looking at and around the hulking silver fox covered in the numerous wild plant stems, I’ve collected.

“NOOOO!!!”

***

“BWAHAHA!” 

“It’s not that funny…” I put my basket backpack on the table.

“AHAHA!!!” He slapped me on the back with enough force to knock the wind out of me and push me into the table as his laughter roared from down the hall.

[-20]

‘Fucking hell!’

I slowly sat down and took a look around.

This menagerie of life. A house filled with colorful flowers and vines that wound around the pillars exuded a small amount of magic to have the insects on them softly glow without any harm coming to them.

I watched as a flower on the roof showered the plants below with water on our way in. Small mushroom creatures called Fungari hid within the foliage if I looked at them, so I tried my best to avoid looking. Even with all the mystical stuff going on, I was more curious about what the deal was with the dude who called himself Beau. But even more than that-

“What’s your deal?”

‘There you are.’

I turn to the small globe of light I noted in the trees now speaking to me with the same curious tone.

Her white hair flowed down her frilled black Lolita dress with a cape and a cap I come to find was a baker’s boy hat. More notable was the sheathed katana at her hip while she gave me a once-over.

“I think you have some better ideas than me but, I wouldn’t mind adding my input.” (Hanashi)

I wasn’t going to tell her I didn’t fucking know. Why would I tell the sword wielder I didn’t know?! The two of us stood in silence, trying to get a read of the other and I wasn’t about to activate another skill in case this got hostile.

Not like it was worth trying anyways.

‘They either triggered something or are a Caster themself. My bet’s on the sword as the medium, no confirmation yet…’

“You like sweets?”

“Huh?” (Hanashi)

“You-like-sweets?” This fucker enunciated each word slowly while she leaned in closer.

I was taken aback but slowly nodded my head.

Without looking away from me she put her hand in small pouch… fanny pack size and placed a basket just as wide as mine on the table.

“One.” She stuck up a single finger.

“Okay?” (Hanashi)

She nodded her head and stared at me.

‘I guess this should be the standard.’

I opened the box and immediately felt my stomach rumble when I caught a whiff of freshly baked pastries.

“I can really have one?” 

“Mm.” She nodded.

It was divided into 10 sections that held three of each with a closed section that stuck out a napkin, so I pulled one out and took a cheese danish.

“Thank you.”

“Mm, good choice.” She took one as well just as I spoke.

“Beau said he was making lunch; I’m assuming you’ll be joining us?”

She swiped the sweets so quickly and placed the box back in her pouch. “F-for later then.”

“Right…” I’d question it if it wasn’t for the fear in her voice and the wind.

‘Is this how I die?’

“Food’s ready!” He came in and I took the basket off the table when I heard a heavy thud just for him placing a larger basket on the table.

“Oh, I see you’ve met Sugar. Nice of you to join us.”

“I’d never miss it for the world, Beauregard.” Sugar turned and started reciting naturally, but I knew a gremlin when I saw one.

“O-” (Beau)

“You’ll always have me.” (Sugar)

‘Oh?!’

“That’s uh-” (Beau)

“I’d die before I miss one of your meals, Beauregard.” She was pretty adamant about it.

“That’s… uh…NICE! Let’s have lunch!” (Beau)

He was completely red in the face amongst other things as he set one thing after another on the table until there was no room left.

“Woah...” (Hanashi)

“I made a lot so help yourself to anything.” (Beau)

(Please be very selective about what you eat!)

One surprise after the next. I started making my way around the table trying to digest what happened.

‘Her mouth didn’t move…, did it?

Let’s try. Targeting Sugar...’

Slowly looking over the delectable food I tried reaching out. It was almost like breathing.

(O…K.)

If you had an old filter. I said almost alright!

I wasn’t trying to channel mana. It was something more foreign and laboring. But it got me a look from Sugar as I took my plate and no more than three servings before I took a seat.

(We’ll discuss this later.)

“...” (Hanashi)

I couldn’t tell if it was some deja vu but, I’ve just been wherever I need to be. I understood how my other half felt and his paranoia really did a number on me.

‘I got comfortable way too fast.’

“So, what brought you here, Nyct?” (Beau)

‘What did bring me here?’

“...” I furrowed my brows trying to recollect and kept doing it after Beau’s expression faltered.

“W-well?” (Beau)

After thinking, I hate my answer. I still said it anyways.

“Good… smells.” (Hanashi)

The immediate silence that fell over the room with my explanation was eating away at me. 

“Anyways, I was hoping to find a town but I uh- ” (Hanashi)

“Stop. Please.” Sugar held her head in her hands.

“Good… smells?” Beau tilted his head.

“The cooking and er- It’s a little hard to describe but, it’s not too far from that.” (Hanashi)

“So, it’s not that?” (Sugar)

I wanted to laugh so badly at her wide-eyed stare, desperate for an answer.

“It’s not exactly. If anything, it’s more like an intuition.”

“Oh! Okay, then has there been anything it’s been saying about us?” (Beau)

I cannot express enough how weird this dude was. But I’ll get there… eventually.

“Nah.” (Hanashi)

“Eh-” (Beau)

“Beau, I’d rather keep it easy but if you are one to probe, the consequences will quickly be realized on all of us.” Sugar spoke up and drank what was served.

“And to answer your actual question, I don’t care. It’s not my monkeys or my circus to report either of you.

It really all comes down to what happens when I take a drink of this so speak your mind now or hold your peace.” (Hanashi)

“What do you want?” (Beau)

“You-” (Hanashi)

“PFFT-” Sugar nearly choked on her drink, barely managing to spare herself when looked at us like nothing happened.

I chuckled, “A swift recovery. Both then.”

The two of them shared a look.

“Y-you mean-” (Beau)

‘BINGO BABY!!!’

I cut him off, “A floral cabin that serves as a sanctuary to the fey. The only thing I see missing is the technical bit, which’d take a while to find.

Beautifully executed, truly. What I don’t get from this… display is what either of you get out of this.” 

“That’s what makes it fun, isn’t it?” (Beau)

I couldn’t help hiding the smile curling up on my face and shrugged “Guess so.”

I took a sip of the beverage, still cold to the touch. When I looked back, I dropped the cup and the liquid spilled across the worn-out floorboards. 

“Now this is all kinds of fucked up.” My head started running miles coming up with a plan when I finally got it. Sugar took me by the arm, and we were down the hall in seconds.

“NO FAIR!” Beau’s loud steps came in closer when she opened the door to a rose gold curtain.

“BLEH!”

‘Oh, this is gonna be fun!’

[This area is 18+ for the next 12 hours. Would you like to join?]

[ Accept or Decline]
 

[The host has permitted you to enter.]

*Click*

1