Elf Race Hook
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enigmai. I must apologize for this offense. As a member of the opposition, I could have notified you of the surprise vote,” Andariel said, deference in his voice. 

 

“There is no offense where none is taken. A mere political disagreement is not enough to warrant terminating our relationship. It is enough for me to know you believe in your cause.”

 

Andariel and Calaphan wandered into the congressional courtyard. Conversations amongst the other senators carried along the breeze as Andariel awkwardly remained silent. He looked out to the horizon, searching for words in the binary sunset. Beren had gone to rest early, leaving the white dwarf Luthein to cast her pale blue light over the city and its glittering spires. 

 

Calaphan looked to his former pupil, and reassured him: “Yours is a rising star, and I do not wish to hinder the next Guide's vision for the future. Besides, the new perspective that you’ve brought is something that I have been lacking.”

 

He pondered for a moment, gazing without expression at the fringes of the city, where buildings melded into the forest.  

 

“Now that my resignation is all but finalized, perhaps I should begin seeing the galaxy again. Gain some perspective of my own.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Elves are a powerful and ancient people, having achieved interstellar travel millenia before the human race. Unlike other races, the elves have managed to achieve a unified planetary government on the homeworld. The majority of them live in the cities of this homeworld, where they continue to refine their arts, culture, magecraft, and philosophical discourse. Indeed, philosophy dominates the lives of the long lived elves, who each form intricate personal codes shaped by their wide breadth of learned and lived experiences. These codes are the reason why some Elves travel the galaxy; they seek to forge their beliefs in the entropic mire of the universe.

0