Chapter 10
553 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"These types of experts, they are usually people who are born into large factions or ancient clans. And even within those positions these people are likely to be respectable elders..."

Itachi knew that for these five people to make a move, at the very least the reward needs to be huge, and Itachi feels that he can't miss this kind of opportunity.

"Alright... let's take a look."

With that said Itachi began to follow the group of five cultivators from the Profound Sky Realm. He had to say it was a little difficult to keep up with them but nothing impossible.

"Don't tell me you're going to follow them?" Jasmine asked as she frowned.

"Hm..." Itachi nodded inexpressibly while keeping a safe distance from the group of 5 cultivators he didn't want to piss them off for nothing.

Jasmine said nothing more and stood inside the cube ready to act should Itachi fall into a life or death situation, at this stage she had already cleared over 40% of the poison in her body so it wouldn't be that much of a problem to deal with these five cultivators.

"It is likely that they are here for some treasure or perhaps profound beast... and if I am not mistaken it might be a profound beast from the profound sky realm..." Itachi commented to Jasmine.

He felt it would be good to talk to her right now since she seemed to have more knowledge about these things than he who only got a fraction of knowledge from the first soul he absorbed.

Jasmine also seemed to have realized this but she didn't care much about it, as someone from the Realm of the Gods she would never be interested in a profound sky realm beast.

"It's more likely to be a profound sky realm beast... Since the beast's entire body is a treasure, and if they are able to kill it, they will definitely acquire a huge reward. Moreover there might even be a treasure with the beast..." Jasmine mentally said to Itachi.

Itachi realized that the deeper into the mountain range the slower the five cultivators were going, meaning that they will soon arrive at their destination.

While following the five cultivators Itachi spotted a sign with the following message.

'Violent Nascent Profound Beasts ahead, those below level 10 of the Elementary Profound Realm must not enter.'

This message did not cause Itachi to stop or anything, quite the opposite, he continued to slowly advance.

He knew that as one proceeds further into the mountains, the Profound Beasts become more and more ferocious. Overall, the Profound Beasts of the Scarlet Dragon Range shouldn't be very strong, but it is likely that among it there are some leaders of the Profound Beasts, and those beings are probably powerful but it was still something Itachi could handle.

Continuing to follow the experts he spotted other signs, and as he went deeper and deeper the signs got smaller and smaller until the point where there was only one sign saying the following words.

'Scarlet Dragon Forbidden Region!'

It was only five words, but they contained enough tension to make anyone's heart palpitate, this was because there were rumors about an extremely powerful Dragon living here.

Everyone living in the Cyan Forest Village knows that the area ahead is a taboo region that one should never enter. And the reason, was very simple, no one who entered this area ever came back alive.

The five people in the air had also stopped at this moment. And even though they were separated by a considerable distance, Itachi could faintly hear their voices talking.

"It seems we have arrived at the Fire Dragon's nest."

"Are you sure that the strength of this Fire Dragon is not higher than the Profound Emperor Realm?"

"Yes, level 10 Profound Beast of the Profound Sky Realm! There are no mistakes, besides with the senior here, we have no reason to fear this dragon."

"Furthermore if we get this Profound Core with dragon fire attribute, then our young master would surely advance in his Burning Sky Secret Arts. We will even have the confidence to stand above the Xiao Faction and the Frozen Cloud of Asgard!"

Itachi listened to this conversation with a slight interest, not because he was interested in these 'Burning Sky Secret Arts'. But rather because he realized that the many clans and sects in this world were not on good terms.

"Once the young master obtains the profound core, then he will easily win the Blue Wind Classifying Tournament." One of the five cultivators said with a smile on his face.

"That's interesting..." Itachi thought.

He felt that it would be good to make an appearance in this tournament, first because he felt that a tournament that would make these five cultivators excited was definitely important, plus he might get some interesting pickings in the tournament.

Itachi also obtained some information from his predecessor's memories.

These five cultivators belonged to one of the four main Factions of the Blue Wind Empire, the Burning Sky Clan. Moreover, from the cultivators' conversation, among them was a great elder.

"It seems that the rumors were also true..." Itachi muttered.

The Scarlet Dragon really existed and these five experts were here to kill it, but Itachi didn't think it would be that easy, otherwise other sects or clans would have done it long ago.

"Maybe that elder's information is wrong." Itachi thought while planning to just stand by as a spectator for the battle that was going to take place.

The five experts didn't seem to have realized that Itachi was following them but it's likely that even if they knew they wouldn't care.

The five people in mid-air had already proceeded ahead. Itachi didn't have to hesitate much and followed behind the five cultivators, but this time he used the trees for camouflage just to avoid being attacked by Profound beasts.

Even if they offered no danger to him, it would still be problematic to deal with them if the five experts knew they were being followed.

The moment he entered the 'Scarlet Dragon Forbidden Region', he felt a where of dry, suffocating heat hit his face.

"Looks like there really is a dragon here..." Itachi thought.

In front of him was a small mountain that didn't look very tall.

Walking to the front of the mountain, he noticed that there was a large patch of red region. And in the middle of that region, there was a tall giant cave nearly a hundred meters tall, and a barren environment without a single blade of living grass. Threads of scorching white gas and embers flew out of the cracks in the ground and the caverns from time to time.

The position Itachi was currently in allowed him to see the faces of the five people, but that did not cause him to be distracted since he was not here to make friends but to steal the spoils of battle.

"It seems that your information was correct... Inside this cave dwells a Profound Beast of the fire attribute!" One of the elders commented with a stern look.

"Let's not act rashly there might be traps in the cave, so let's try to lure the Dragon out." Another elder said.

One of the elders stepped forward while waving his left hand, then a black colored sword appeared in his hand. This sword might not be the Burning Sky Clan's main weapon but this elder definitely had a technique of the same level.

Soon this elder began to channel his sword technique. Raising the sword to the heavens, the elder's body began to glow with the color red he fiercely then swung his sword downward as he roared.

"HAAH!!!"

A huge bar of fire flew out of the sword accompanied by a shrill heat that could easily decimate ordinary people. This huge bar went towards the cave, and when it hit the ground a huge noise could be heard.

*BANG!

The flames exploded causing a huge bang that scared all the nearby Profound Beasts. The Profound Beasts that were near the cave were all killed instantly.

Soon the giant cave began to shake slightly.

"He's here..." Itachi muttered as he looked at the front of the huge cave.

18