Chapter 16
532 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So it's like this..." Sikong Han sighed at the end of his speech.

During his conversation with Itachi he realized that Itachi had little interest in joining the new moon palace, but that he was only here to fulfill a promise he had made to his father before he left on his journey.

"Even if you do not join the palace I would still like to ask if you have any interest in attending the banquet that will be held in a week? That banquet will be for the appointment of the new head of the New Moon Profound Palace." Sikong Han said suddenly.

"Since I have not joined the palace, I would feel uncomfortable attending a banquet..." Itachi said.

Sikong Han seeing that Itachi had no interest let out a sigh but soon thought of something and said, "The appointment of the new Palace Chief is considered a sensational event in New Moon City. We have sent invitations to all the sects of prestige and influence in New Moon City, plus we have also invited some geniuses to attend the banquet, so it won't be any harm for you to attend."

Not letting Itachi speak, he continued saying, "When the time for the banquet comes, there will be an assembly of geniuses from many different places and sects, and they will challenge each other, so it might be good for you to test your current level of strength and also to compare yourself with other geniuses."

Seeing that Sikong Han was being pushy, Itachi could only agree to his proposal, plus he was also somewhat interested in the geniuses of the other sects. That could help him to know how strong he was compared to them.

After that, Itachi retired to the hotel he was staying at. Sikong Han offered him to stay in his house but Itachi eventually refused this offer, because he didn't want to have too many ties with this person. Don't misunderstand Itachi, he just feels that Sikong Han won't be very useful for him, and in fact may even bring trouble, so it's better to stay away from this person.

...

"I thought nothing could move you, but here you are staying in this tiny town." Jasmine said sarcastically in Itachi's mind.

"I chose to stay only to fulfill the promise I made to my father, and that is all, I do not intend to stay here for long. Once the feast is over I will be returning to my journey..." Itachi said calmly.

These past few days, Jasmine had been more active, from talking to Itachi animatedly, to getting angry that he never answered her questions and always kept a stoic look or dry mouth when talking to her. In fact, every time Itachi answered her, she felt as happy as a child who had just received a lollipop.

Itachi felt that he should never have given that dress to Jasmine, because since that day she seemed like a different person. Now she constantly talked to him and tried to find out more about his past.

...

Three days had passed since Itachi arrived in New Moon City, and during these three days he just stayed in his room cultivating, and reviewing the memories of Madara that seemed to have become clearer to him.

Since he advanced in his cultivation, Itachi began to feel that the blocked memories of Madara began to appear in his mind, and when this happened he realized how dire the situation of the shinobi world was.

In the final battle against Hashirama, Madara programmed an Izanagi to activate sometime after his death, changing reality to bring him back to life in exchange for the sight of his right eye. He then left a copy in place of his real body and went into hiding.

But the most surprising thing about this was that he had kept a piece of flesh from Hashirama's body, which he transplanted into his wounds. And decades later, at the end of his natural life, Madara realized that the cells had caused a modification in him, causing him to awaken the Rinnegan. In addition his right eye had been restored in the process.

With the Rinnegan he was able to summon the Outer Path Demon Statue, which he used to cultivate an irrational living clone of Hashirama, from which he believed he had produced an Army of White Zetsu.

Over the years, Madara perfected his plans for peace, which he called the Eye of the Moon Plan. But as his years dwindled, Madara knew he could not complete his plans in the time he had left. So he transplanted his Rinnegan into a young Nagato, unbeknownst to the boy, with the intention that Nagato would someday use the eyes to bring Madara back to life. For Nagato to do this, however, Madara would need an agent to act on his behalf and guide Nagato toward this ultimate goal. Madara waited, connecting to the Demon Statue to keep him alive until someone could be found.

Itachi also saw in Madara's memories that in the Third Shinobi World War, it found Uchiha Obito badly injured.

Madara used Hashirama's cells to replace Obito's damaged extremities and placed a Puppet Master Seal on Obito's heart as a safety loophole in case Obito turned against him. By then, Madara began working towards corrupting Obito. He had Kirigakure kidnap the girl Obito loved, Rin Nohara, and seal the Sanbi on her. He then manipulated events so that Rin died at the hands of Obito's friend, Kakashi Hatake, while Obito watched. Desperate, Obito offered his services to Madara. Madara told Obito the story of the Sage of the Six Paths and the Ten Tails, the details of his Eye of the Moon Plan, and taught Obito several techniques that Obito should learn. As a final act, he left behind the Black Zetsu - an infusion he believed to be his will - to provide additional guidance to Obito if he needed it. With that, Madara disconnected himself from the Demon Statue and, with his last breath, entrusted Obito with his name: Madara Uchiha.

Itachi tried to go deeper into Madara's memories, but he realized that he could not go any further, which showed that his strength was not yet enough to unlock those memories.

But with just the memories he received, Itachi realized that not only the Uchiha, but all of Konohagakure had been dancing on Madara's palms all this time.

Everyone was nothing but tools for Madara, even Itachi never thought Madara's plan was as deep as this. Besides, if Madara's plan was actually realized then the shinobi world would be lost forever.

Reviewing the memories once again, Itachi felt a little strange, this was because he had a feeling that something even bigger was going on behind the shinobi world. It was as if Madara himself was being used. And Itachi was only able to realize this detail because he reviewed his memories several times.

"If my plans have worked out, then Sasuke has probably become the hero of Konoha, so he might be able to protect the village especially when he now possesses my eyes." Itachi thought.

But he felt an uneasy feeling in his heart, as if things had not turned out as he had planned.

Looking out the window, he saw that the moon was shining brightly.

"I just hope you're okay... Sasuke..." Itachi thought with a wistful look.

21