Chapter 22
609 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness, was all Itachi could see at this moment. He didn't know what happened, or where he was. All he remembered was that he had died at the hands of his brother, and soon after that he was reborn in a completely different world.

This world was as large as the shinobi world, and the dangers were even greater than those he had experienced in his life as a shinobi. Itachi thought that this world he was in was just a dream he was having after being killed.

But this proved to be wrong, because his feelings were more alive than ever. And realizing that this world was real and extremely mystical he decided to investigate why he was reborn into a world so different from the one he had lived in before.

Itachi discovered that he was not alone in this world, but that a strange magic cube came along with him, and in his investigations he managed to discover that there were expert souls trapped inside the cube. And these souls could be absorbed by him so that he could become stronger.

When he absorbed the first soul, he discovered something he never imagined he would be able to do. He could revive his parents. At first he thought this would be his main goal, and indeed, during the time he was in this new world, he had this goal.

But as time went on, he realized that maybe that was not the best way to solve the demons he had in his mind. Itachi realized that if he did that, it would be the same as invalidating everything that his parents had gone through. And that was not something he wanted to see. But Itachi still wanted to keep that selfish desire. He still wanted to see his parents and brother, if only for the last time.

Itachi was unaware of his current situation, he only remembers feeling an uncomfortable sensation and the next thing he knew he was already here in this extremely dark place.

"All that I went through was nothing but a reverie of my mind?" Itachi thought.

With these thoughts he felt that his body involuntarily began to move involuntarily, the force exerted by his body seemed great as if he had returned to the body he had in the shinobi world.

"As you can see, the Jutsu worked perfectly..." A rough voice sounded.

That voice made Itachi realize where he was.

He had returned to the shinobi world. And it seemed they had used a forbidden Jutsu to bring him back.

"If I am not mistaken I was brought back to life by that jutsu that goes against the natural order of things, the Edo Tensei..."

Itachi's thoughts became clearer and clearer as he came to this conclusion. The memories he absorbed from Madara came back into his mind, and he finally realized that the time had already come when Madara would revive.

"But if I am here... was the world I was in before just a lie? Was the little red-haired girl who signed a soul contract with me just an illusion?" These thoughts began to flash through Itachi's mind.

He felt that everything was confused, he wanted answers to his questions but didn't know who to ask.

Itachi felt his vision dim, and the next thing he knew he was already in the middle of a forest, and next to him was Nagato being carried on his shoulders by him.

"Nagato?" Itachi asked, feeling that he could move his body freely for now. He knew that this was probably done by the one who summoned him.

"It seems that the one who summoned us left you free as well." Nagato commented with a smile on his face.

"It's been a while buddy..." Itachi knew that Nagato was someone who had to make tough decisions in life just like himself, and for that reason he considered Nagato his friend.

Night had fallen, and now Nagato and Itachi were walking slowly over the forest.

"So the entire Akatsuki was defeated, that's good..." Itachi commented.

He hadn't seen the other Akatsuki members being reincarnated, but from what Nagato told him, all the Akatsuki members had been killed, except for Tobi who was still alive and walking around.

Itachi was a little sad to hear that Kisame had been killed, after all, they had both been companions for a long time so it was natural for him to be saddened by the death of his duo.

When Itachi heard that Tobi was alive, he was not surprised. And the reason was simple, he already knew about it from Madara's memories.

Everything that was happening right now was part of Madara's plan, even Nagato who was by his side was used by Madara as a puppet without even knowing it.

"In the end, we were both manipulated..." Nagato commented sadly.

Itachi nodded at that line from Nagato.

"Combining my Mangekyo Sharingan and your Rinnegan we can basically do anything... The one who summoned us is likely to take advantage of my genjutsu when needed." Itachi commented calmly.

Nagato had also already sensed that this would be the case, and for that reason he was angry at the one who summoned him. Nagato believes that his eyes were granted to him to save the world and not to help in a random war.

Looking at Itachi beside him, Nagato can't help but say, "Itachi, you have always been shrouded in darkness... Even when you were part of Akatsuki."

Itachi did not respond to Nagato's line but just kept walking. He knew the reason he joined Akatsuki and Nagato also had that knowledge so it was unnecessary to say anything.

After they walked for a while, Itachi stopped at a certain location in the forest. He didn't hold back to continue walking, especially when he still didn't know what the purpose of the one who summoned him was.

"Looks like Obito's new ally was not in Madara's plans..." Itachi thought.

Ever since he found out that he was back in the shinobi world, he focused on visualizing Madara's memories, and scouring the memories he couldn't find anything that would help him or show what would happen in the future of this world.

"Maybe things were different..."

Nagato was leaning against a rock, while looking up at the moon that was shining brightly.

"Every time I look at that bright, glowing moon I remember the past, and all that I went through..." Nagato commented sadly, but in the end he put a slight smile on his face and said.

"My dream and also my hope have been passed on to a person who will probably be the one to bring peace and prosperity to this world..." Finishing his speech Nagato looked a little more relaxed.

Hearing this speech from Nagato, Itachi could only visualize Naruto. That ninja who was a bit of a jerk but who was extremely pure and trustworthy. Someone who treated his brother kindly.

"Naruto..." Itachi thought.

Looking at the bright moon, he was able to come to a conclusion for why they were not forced to move against their will.

It is likely that the user who summoned them intends to use them both to deal with a Jinchūriki, and if he is not mistaken there should not be many left to deal with.

"Looks like it's time to get moving again..." Itachi commented as he held Nagato by the shoulders and began to walk slowly.

"You look a little different from the Itachi I knew..." Nagato commented.

Itachi didn't answer him and continued walking.

19