Chapter 25
435 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Itachi shook his head as he realized that Naruto didn't seem to understand what he had said.

"Maybe one day he will understand what I meant..." Itachi thought.

Looking at Nagato who was already in an uncontrolled state, Itachi felt that he should no longer hold back, so concentrating a huge amount of chakra in his eyes, he caused his Susanoo to start taking a more powerful form.

Itachi's Susanoo that was just a skeleton, began to receive a layer of skin, making its appearance even more overpowering.

"You two, use your most powerful blows to attack the black sphere, we will overload it to make it explode." Itachi said calmly, as he jumped into the air.

As he jumped into the air, he swung his Susanoo's left hand and what followed was a huge Shuriken made from Susanoo's red chakra.

"Necklace of Magatamas!" Itachi exclaimed as he threw the huge Shuriken in the direction of the black sphere.

Naruto and Killer B did not stand still and also used their most powerful blows to attack the black sphere.

"Tails Beast Bomb!" Killer B in the form of the Eight Tails exclaimed.

"Wind Style, Rasen Shuriken!" Naruto exclaimed.

The combined blow of the three was so powerful that the black sphere could not contain its gravity, causing it to explode in the process. A huge explosion followed, causing Naruto and Killer B to have to retreat to avoid being caught in the huge explosion.

Nagato who was closest just stood there watching the explosion. First that it would be impossible for him to escape from the area of the explosion, second that he was only an Edo Tensei, so it was useless to dodge the attack, since he could easily regenerate himself.

A few seconds later the effect of the explosion had already passed, and all that was left of the forest was just debris, which showed that the explosion had not been small.

Nagato was standing still, watching the smoke in front of him, he was waiting for it to disperse to continue his attack, but just when he was about to make a move he felt something pierce his chest. And slowly the smoke began to clear revealing what had pierced him.

A huge orange sword was responsible for piercing his chest. The Rinnegan that before had a vivid purple color, now seemed weaker, as if it had all its power sucked out by the sword.

This sword was not alone, as a red being wielded it. This was the most powerful form of Itachi's Susanoo so far. His Susanoo that was previously a skeleton with skin, now had a garment over his body, providing additional protection.

Nagato's body slowly began to crack, and particles began to appear around him, showing that this was the end of Nagato being used by Edo Tensei.

"I'm sorry, Itachi." Nagato said.

"You're back... This is the Totsuka Sword, a sword that has a sealing jutsu. You will soon be sealed. What are your last words?" Itachi said calmly.

Since the beginning of the battle his stoic look never changed, as if fighting a Rinnegan possessor was no big deal.

Nagato gave a smile at Itachi's speech, and turned his gaze to Naruto.

"Naruto, I will return to our master's side and watch your story unfold. In my opinion, you are the final volume of a trilogy..."

"Jiraiya was the perfect first volume. But the second was a failure... me."

As Nagato said those words, his body was slowly falling apart more and more.

"A flaw that our master never wanted to acknowledge."

"You as the last volume, need to make it a masterpiece. A work that completely erases the flaw of the second one, Naruto!"

Those were Nagato's last lines, before his body was completely absorbed by the Totsuka Sword, the Susanoo quickly pulled Nagato's Edo Tensei body into its gourd, thus ending this battle.

"Goodbye..." Itachi muttered as he saw Nagato's body being absorbed and sealed by his Totsuka Sword.

...

After the battle was over, Itachi talked to Naruto for a while. He realized that Naruto had changed completely since the last time they met, moreover, he also noticed that Naruto seemed to have forgotten the people who had helped him, so he decided to warn him about this, just to prevent a new Madara from resurfacing.

After a conversation with Naruto, Itachi decided to leave. With the memories he received from Madara, he had a rough idea of what would happen to this world once Madara was revived. His luck was that it seems Madara's plan had backfired, since Nagato had been killed by Naruto, and even now he was sealed by Itachi.

But Itachi knew that a plan like that was not planned in just one day, so he knew that it is likely that Obito and the one who summoned him had a card up his sleeve. And Itachi had a feeling that he knew what those two would do.

"Since they can use Edo Tensei on all these people, then it's likely they can do it on Madara himself..." Itachi thought as he ran towards a certain location.

There was a raven on Itachi's shoulder, and that raven was precisely the one with Shisui's eye. Itachi initially intended to do away with that eye, once he realized that he wouldn't need it to get Sasuke back to Konoha.

But then he realized that this might be foolish, so he decided to use this eye to his advantage, so that he could at least end this war in a more peaceful way, besides, the use of this eye might be beneficial to the ninja of Konoha, as long as he uses the right cards he has up his sleeve.

"I just need to confirm a few things..." Itachi thought, as he headed towards Konoha.

With those thoughts, Itachi summoned a huge raven and mounted on its coast to fly to Konoha as quickly as possible.

Within minutes, Itachi arrived in Konoha, and without alerting any of the ninja guarding the entrance, he entered Konoha and headed towards the Uchiha compound that still existed although it looked abandoned.

As he walked into the Uchiha compound. Itachi felt a sort of deja vu, memories began to appear in his head. From his childhood to the day he finally slaughtered the entire Uchiha clan.

Itachi soon arrived in front of a house this house was precisely the house that contained in its basement the Uchiha stone. And Itachi was here precisely to confirm something that was in Madara's memories.

According to the memories he received from Madara, he discovered that Madara was able to read the last paragraphs of the Uchiha stone. And since Itachi absorbed his soul, he was able to know what was written on the Uchiha stone. At first Itachi also thought that this was a saving mission in which Madara had accepted, even if he was treated as an enemy of the world.

But after thinking for some time, Itachi came to the conclusion that this seemed wrong. After all, why would Rikudou Sennin encourage the ninja to search for the Infinite Tsukuyomi? Itachi thought that there was something wrong with the Uchiha's stone tablet, and for that reason he decided to take another look at that stone.

 

17