Prologue-17-Seek and destroy
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Alabaster P.O.V. 

Since I have used a very unconventional path to reach the 4th floor, I was able to not only avoid detection but I'm also currently behind all their defences placing me in an very advantageous position and I was planning on taking advantage of that.

Although this more cautious approach has already costed a lot of time which I was trying to save, but all this time would be recovered as the speed in witch i could clear the building would be much greater.

Exiting the bathroom, this time making sure that no one was on the approach, my eyes carefully watched the corridor while my ears tried to pick up any more movement but luckily it seemed that things were quiet but now I was faced with a new dilemma.

The militiamen were scattered throughout the whole floor and I would like to, if possible be able to take out as many as he could before a shootout started, and to do that he would have to decide on an approach which was simultaneously quiet and also reasonably fast.

He thought about this dilemma while clearing the corridors and a few rooms that were collapsed, but in the end, after a bit of thinking he decided to go for a direct approach and clear the rooms one by one. He really couldn't waste time setting a trap and even if a confrontation did occur he wasn't worried at all considering the enemie's lackluster equipment, as the only reason he initially chose to avoid it was to ensure his enemies wouldn't run away and force him to search around the city for them and as long as he secured the elevator his enemies would have nowhere to run.

Having the elevator as the only entrance did raise considerably the defence of the building as anyone who took the elevator would be pinned down as soon as the elevator doors opened but on the other hand made their escape options limited as their only escape routes were the elevator or throwing themselves out of the 4th floor of the building. 

And before long, the elevator entrance was in sight. As long as he cleared this place, the building would turn into a death trap to the militia warriors. 

But this place was being obviously closely guarded and would have many militia keeping an eye at the elevator doors in order to not let anyone inside. Unfortunately, Alabaster has already breached their defensive line, finding himself behind their killzone and since they were all on overwatch of the elevator, their backs were currently all turned to him and their scattered position that would be an advantage in a shootout ended up making his job of picking them off one-by-one very easy, although he would still have to be careful about any patrols suddenly appearing and ruining his plans so he would have to be fast about it.

What followed was the elimination of half a dozen militiamen in a series of flawless sneak attacks, the entire process of identifying, stalking and killing was done with proficiency and precision, leaving none of the victims any opportunity to alert their comrades. And thanks to this efficiency he finished it all before any patrols showed up allowing him to remain concealed for the next step.

With the area clear, he advanced onto the adjacent rooms and started clearing them out one-by-one, he would do so in a very specific manner in order to minimize the risk and the time wasted. First he would check the surroundings for any traps or patrols, then he would spy the room through the keyhole of the door to see if there is any enemies inside. If the room is clean then he moves on, if he isn't sure or there is places he can't check inside, then he will carefully enter and search the room and if he spots an enemy he will quietly make his way inside and take him down using his knife, the process was facilitated by most enemies being focused on the windows searching for targets and not the doors.

By the time he finished with the floor, he had killed over a dozen enemies without having to fire his gun even once. Peeking through a corner he spotted the way for him to reach the second floor, it was a wooden ladder that passed trough a hole in the ceiling and it was being guarded by two militiamen. Considering that they had a functioning elevator, he hypothesized that going to the 5th floor using the elevator must be a bad idea since they gone out of their way to make another way to ascend. Probably traps or some sort of blockage. 

He considered for a moment taking the air vent route once again to reach the next floor, but he quickly shook his head. Doing the first time was worth it to reduce the chances of anyone being able to escape and hide in another building but doing it again wouldn't be worth it, but if he wasn't pressed for time he definitely would have opted for that option.

Also, it might be because he is tired of sneaking about and is looking forward to having a proper shootout within the simulation. To most this would be a stupid decision considering that his enemies only need to hit a single shot to win, but Alabaster different from most, can back up his confidence with skill.

Having decided his method of approach, he now just needed to figure out how he would deal with the enemies that was guarding the stairs. He had already decided to go loud from now on, not that it was possible going quiet considering their close proximity to each other and they being looking over the only direction he could approach, but that didn't mean that he was going to charge in without a solid plan.

Coming up with a plan in mere seconds, he hurriedly made his preparations, which only evolved him taking out one of his spare batteries and throwing at the opposite side of the room. That made the two guards look at the direction for a second, and that was all that he needed as he immediately rushed out from the corner and charged towards the closest guard, on the middle of his sprint he aimed his gun and fired on the guard that was furthest from him landing two shots making two burning holes in the militia's chest and killing it instantly.

By the time he had reached the guard, it head already turned towards him and was ready to spray him with his submachine gun, but Alabaster has already gotten too close and swatted away the gun before the trigger was pulled making the bullets only hit the ground and walls, with no other option the guard decided to do the only thing it could and tried to shove away the attacker with his gun, but Alabaster had already seized the initiative and shot the guards leg with his gun making his opponent lose his instability before finishing the now defenseless enemy with a point blank range shot trough the head.

After finishing his first real fight since entering the simulation, he didn't wait a single moment to catch his breath and collected the previously thrown battery before directly starting climbing the ladder, he knew that the enemies were now alerted to his presence and since while climbing the ladder he would be vulnerable, he decided to do it quickly, before the enemy could organize themselves.

After reaching the 5th floor, he immediately looked for the nearest cover, wich was an halfway destroyed wall, which he crouched behind and started to listen in to his enemies movements. As soon as the real shootout starts, he would have no more opportunity to do so due to the pandemonium and knowing their locations and number beforehand would make eliminating them faster and easier.

But contrary to his expectation, the enemies seemed to not have entered full alert just yet, they definitely heard gunshot sounds from the fight just moments ago but it seemed that since he killed the guards before they could release a shout or inform them of the situation they must be unsure of what is the threat or if it is still alive and opted to just send a team to investigate.

From what he can tell, the floor has 6 enemies that he could hear moving or talking to one another and 3 more that have been sent to investigate the gunfire and are currently making their way to the ladder.

But this time he wasn't just going to wait for them to come to him and directly moved to intercept them on their path.

The place that was to become their fighting ground was a intersection between two corridors, Alabaster was the first to reach the location and after identifying exactly what path their footstep were coming from, he took aim at the place they were going to appear and started deeply and rhythmically breathe, controlling his erratic breathing from the run to that spot in order for the trembling to not affect his aim. He was now going to enter a proper firefight, a single mistake or missed shot would mean the end of the simulation.

And very soon, the trio would make their way to his line of sight running in a line, the three of them sporting the same shabby clothes and damaged guns as the rest. Instead of blowing up the head of the first in the line as soon as he entered his sights he waited for all three of them to turned the corner before shooting, that way hopefully taking down all three of them in a single go.

With all three of them out of cover and completely exposed he took his first shot against the one that was in the front of the line, the shot landed on the head of his first opponent killing him instantly, and without any delay he shifted his aim to the enemy that was behind him, the second militiamen tried to lift his gun but it was too late as another lazer beam was fired their way and this time it left a burning hole in the head of the second in the line. Alabaster tried to aim at the third militia but he was smarter than the second and instead of trying to retaliate like his comrade he immediately duck into cover after he heard the first shot saving his life.

"Tsk..." Alabaster clicked his tongue in annoyance since he wouldn't be able to finish this fight as quick as he would have liked, but it couldn't be helped, the enemies this time were on Alert different from the last time and the fact that he was capable of avoiding all the traps of the 2nd and 3rd floor, took out the enemies of the 4th floor without them firing a single shot at him and ascended to the last floor safely thanks to using the ladder, all of  making use of his knowledge of the knowledge from previous runs in the simulation and his intuition is already an amazing result as far as the simulation is concerned, but of course Alabaster himself isn't satisfied with anything but perfection so he took a habit of constantly berating himself and self imposing impossible standards to meet.     

"ENEMY SPOTTED! HE IS ON THE 5TH FLOOR AND HAS ALREADY TAKEN OUT TWO COMRADES, I NEED REINFORCEMENTS AT MY LOCATION IMMEDIATELY!" The last militiamen crazily shouted to his other comrades while in cover, but he made a point to try and pin me down so when his teammates came here  they could take me down together.

As he started firing his gun to suppress me I also ducked into cover. Even with the threat of his teammates arriving I didn't feel compelled to leave cover and just waited for my opportunity patiently.

*click* *click*... 

Before long the sound that I was waiting for was heard, it signaled that my opponent is currently out of ammo, due to entering to a state of panic after seeing both his comrades dying right before his eyes, he started to spray bullets from his machine gun in a reckless manner, emptying his magazine long before his reinforcements could arrive. As I heard the sound of clicking, I immediately peeked out of cover and fired a single shot, the enemy didn't have time to duck back into cover and had his head blown by the shot.

Now he had 6 more enemies to kill and a floor full of traps to traverse before completely clearing the building.

Things were bound to become much more exciting from now on.                                            

0