Chapter 13: A Range of Gifts
257 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had a perfect mental index of all of my abilities, and in moments like this the most handy abilities were always the strangest ones. That was why the “Essence of Skill Creation” came to mind at this very moment, as I gazed at the two mighty dragons before me. 

“While ‘Skill Creation’ is a valid way to go it’s not the only way.” Ben told me, still overwhelmingly powerful even compared to me. 

“I am curious as to the path you will pick though… This is only the second chance you’ve had to be creative, so I want to see how you approach situations like this.” The eldritch entity told me, watching me and listening to my mind curiously. 

I turned inward for a second, and scanned the vast mind-palace I possessed. I did this instinctively and it only took me a second to come up with a dozen possible methods to warp the dragons ranging from the completion of a Choose Your Own Adventure that granted me the power to make others shapeshift, to the “Essence of the Grand Line” and the power of the Hito Hito No Mi, to something like the “Essence of the Sarkic” which granted me the power to command and mold flesh as easily as an artist might mold clay. 

“All of this power…” I whispered, even as I gazed at the dragons. I smiled at them as I felt like being creative and utilzing one of my stranger powers on the beings. 

“Now… This won’t hurt.” I told the two as I lifted my hands off of their enormous heads and took a step back. I rose my hands in front of the faces of the two dragons and closed my eyes. 

I allowed my mind to fill with the immense knowledge of the Grand Karcist Ion himself. As it did I began to understand biology the way that he and his followers, especially the Klavigar Nadox did. My mind swelled with an impossible, supernatural, even divine understanding of biology and the ways to make the flesh of living creatures malleable and susceptible to inten, freeing flesh from the constraints of mundane biology. 

I was conscious of the fact that as I absorbed the knowledge the founders and leaders of the religion once known as Nalka, now known as Sarkicism, I began to glow. The light that was emanating out of me was a strange blue light, and I was being transformed by the worldly, fleshy power once acquired by Ion and shared with his Klavigars. 

The transformations felt good, and I felt every attribute of mine becoming more… worldly, more of flesh and muscle. I could feel my body elevating to match my soul and my mind, and I gained a much more conscious awareness of the natures of flesh, of biology, of… Well of nature, if I was being honest. That seemed to be the cornerstone of Nalkic philosophy, that natural things are what matter and mattered.


Ben felt Andrew’s mind filling with knowledge. He smiled at the young jumper as the creature’s mind swelled with an understanding of flesh only possessed by creatures on the level of the Grand Karcist. 

Andrew opened his eyes and they were darker, deeper now than they had been. And he seemed… changed by the knowledge he had gained. The smile on his face was fuller now than it had been before. Even the dragons who were watching him noticed the difference now that Andrew had taken the time to truly master the Sarkic essence. 

“I have mastered… One of my stranger essences. And this new ability that I possess is one of the many powers that I have acquired as a result of that.” Andrew said, softly, as his hands began to glow and the eyes of the dragons widened as they felt his power spread out of him and into them. 

The dragons took steps backward as they felt his power seeping into their cores. His power, the power of life, of flesh, and of intent, sent energy coursing through their bodies. The dragons attempted to roar, not out of pain or fear but out of something… wholly more primal than that, but they found that they couldn’t. 

They began to glow, their scales fading from view as light poured out of the almost atomic spaces between them and filling the vast entryway with light. The light pouring out of them was white, and it filled the room with an intense, hot glow. 

“Dragons… Close your eyes and allow my power to wash over you.” He proclaimed, his voice supernaturally beautiful. He spoke calmly and his words soothed the gigantic beasts that the essences had granted him. 

His words filled the minds of the beasts with a calming, mildly hypnotic energy. The beasts tried to stay awake but the longer they did the heavier their eyes felt. In almost no time at all the two beasts shut their eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Andrew sensed this and smiled at them. 

“I need to endeavor to use these powers responsibly…” He muttered, as he approached the two creatures and placed hands on their foreheads. The heads of the beasts were warm to the touch and the young man smiled at his pets as they slept. 

The creatures continued to glow, and Ben watched his newest, youngest jumper with abject interest. He waited to see what the young godling would do next, now that he had the incredibly potent powers of the Grand Karcist. 

Ion was an unbelievably powerful being, and now that those same powers flowed through Andrew he was essentially a god of biology. He visualized the bodies of his followers transforming, shrinking, and becoming humanlike and with the slightest surge of intent he made his mental visualizations become a reality. 

The dragons shrank and lost their monstrous features. Their bodies were compressed, painlessly, and they began to gain new, decidedly human bodies. Ben watched them curiously, while Andrew began to do something fully of his own volition; mutate and grow in power on his own.


While I transformed my draconic pets into humans I retreated inward, though not on a physical level. Now that I was experiencing the full potential of one of the essences the power that was racing through me was intense, and… I liked it. 

I had consumed hundreds of essences but fully activating them was harder than just having them stirring within me. If I wanted to fully utilize the true power of the ocean of essence flowing within me I needed to consciously finish the consumption process. I had undergone my final apotheosis as far as my appearance went, but I was nowhere my maximum power. Not yet. 

In the depths of my mind I willed time to slow down around me and I began to fully activate the assorted essences that flowed in the ocean that was my soul. They had stained me in an indelible way and now it was time for me to well and truly master them. 

As time slowed to a crawl around me I began to create new streams of thought to make it easier for me to activate the assorted essences that had contributed to the size and power of my soul. Each new stream of thought immediately began to activate essences, well and truly adding their vast power to my own. 

Essences like the “Essence of the Omega Effect”, “Essence of the Overgod”, “Essence of the Non-Believer”, “Essence of the Overlord”, and “Essence of the Grand Line” began to become a true part of me. As they did I smiled even though I wasn’t truly paying attention to the scene before me. I even absorbed the lewd essences, though my body remained unchanged by their potent powers.

They all felt… positively delicious. It only took me a matter of moments to well and truly absorb every single essence in the vast ocean of my soul. When I was done I let out a pleasant sounding sigh, which caused Ben to turn and look at me with a bright smile on his face. 

“Well? How do you feel?” He asked me, quite obviously deeply curious about my new state of mind. I closed my eyes, to blink, and when I reopened them I could see the world in a new and transformed state, as a true, awakened god.  

“I feel… I feel different.” I said, as I studied my surroundings. The world looked different now. Fuller, deeper, and altogether less mysterious. Certain essences had granted me a system which had fused with my current system and was overhauling it to more accurately reflect my modified stats now that I was my true self. 

Some of the changes were simple; I had access to a Minecraftian-style hotbar that was filled with items such as the Deathly Hollows from Harry Potter, and the Fatherbox granted to the imbiber of the Essence of the Omega Effect. I also had magicka and stamina bars that were now just infinite symbols, especially since I possessed pseudo-omnipotence with magic specifically thanks to the “Essence of the Metamagus”. 

My health was not infinite but now it wasn’t a bar. It was just a number now, though admittedly it was a rather large one. It was a ninety-nine followed by an incredibly large number of zeroes. 

Other changes were more bizarre. When I turned my gaze towards the dragons I could see information on them such as their fetishes, their dreams, their fantasies, and more. I knew this was the result of one of the lewd essences, specifically the “Essence of the Hentai Bastard”. The lists of both dragons revealed that they had rather intriguing fantasies, which tended to involve birthing more dragons. 

That wasn’t the only thing that was occurring either. All around me I could sense changes occurring to the world I was in… I could sense a vast tower erecting itself deep beneath the surface of the world, a tower complete with an army of evil, gremlin-like monsters who were ready to serve me. I could also sense whole new buildings and even entire factions springing up around the planet… 

“I see you’ve made the choice to truly bring your home to life… That’s a respectable, if ambitious, decision.” Ben told me, with a bright smile on his face as he spoke. I chuckled, my mind now beginning to light up with knowledge and awareness regarding the various kinds of living creatures beginning to appear throughout my Earth-sized megastructure. 

I felt even my glorious underground palace, the place where I was currently standing, beginning to change around me. I sensed new rooms beginning to spring into existence, and I could sense both their inhabitants and the glorious items occupying them. The part of me that was deeply draconic and demonic began to grow in power thanks to the potency of the items I was being given by the mighty essences I had now perfectly assimilated into myself. 

Thanks to some essences, like “Essence of the Doom Slayer” I even had space stations floating in the skies above my mega-structure! Now that I was fully empowered by the essences… I could feel power seeping out of me.

Ben chuckled as he felt me growing in power. His eyes studied me, noting every detail of my potent and final apotheosis with a vivid smile. 

“I see that you have finally gone ahead and truly assimilated the essences. Excellent! That was faster than I thought you’d do it.” Ben said, congratulating me on this new level of power. I smirked at the man, noting the backhanded nature of the compliment faster than I would have been able to do so in the past. 

“I’m not done empowering myself either.” I told him, casually. This statement seemed to have surprised him, and he looked at me curiously. He didn’t say a word, but I could tell he was waiting for me to continue talking. I obliged him even while I turned my full attention to my draconic pets. 

“I have plans now. Now that my mind can connect to the omniversal internet I can do a lot more even when I am stuck in a jump.” I said, well aware of the capabilities of even the weirdest of the essences I had absorbed. In strict theory I could use the abilities of multiple essences to get my mind tethered to the omniversal internet, but I was thinking of a specific essence when I spoke just now; “Essence of the Mind Stone”. 

“Because of that I can do things like fully utilize the ‘Essence of All CYOA’. That one… That one is fun.” I proclaimed, having already begun to use it. I had already filled out four CYOAs, all of which were related to the Troyverse. Now that I was using four of his CYOAs I had four free slots to use with more CYOAs, and since I could explore the internet with my mind I could definitely pick very fun things. 

Some of my thought-streams were already combing through the archive of CYOAs that the essence afforded me access to. Some of them were locked, for now, but I knew that in time they’d open to me. I also knew that the locks were due to the interference of Ben, probably to keep me from getting even more powerful, but I didn’t mind. 

“You’re such a powerful toddler… Though I suppose you’ve graduated to being a powerful elementary school student.” Ben told me, though I could tell he was impressed. I bet even he hadn’t truly anticipated me evolving to such a degree at such a stunning pace. My decision to fully and truly assimilate all of the essences within me was one that had utterly transformed me. 

At the moment I could see different timelines splitting off around me with every word that Ben or I uttered. Even our actions resulted in the creation of wholly new timelines that I could see and sense, my abilities so thoroughly a part of me that some of them, such as my ability to see split timelines, functioned passively. 

I had even gained the ability to passively grow stronger! I could sense my connection to things like The Source and The Force passively growing in strength and ferocity. I also sensed my perks activating, such as my “Oh, the Possibilities” perk informing me of how to mix and match the countless powers and essences that I had well and truly assimilated into my very being. 

Some of the “Oh, the Possibilities” suggestions I received I immediately began to followup on. One of them was to use my mental wifi to go and watch specific anime, and read specific manga, such as Medaka Box, so that I could acquire potent new abilities. 

That was a very fun idea, so I took that and I spread it out across various different anime and manga. I did it for Naruto, One-Piece, Medaka Box, the Fate series, and other fun, magic and power filled series. 

Doing so was powerful, and resulted in me acquiring various abilities ranging from the power of potent things such as “The End”, “Free Climbing”, and “Powerpedia” to allowing me to replicate fun techniques such as the various techniques of the Rokushiki. I looked forward to the minute I was free to go ahead and unleash the power of the Shigan technique on creatures as lowly as goblins or owlbears. 

The more powers I absorbed and added to myself the more free I felt. It felt good to finally be freed from human worries such as the need for an income, or the chains placed on me by having to do things like eat or sleep. I had ascended far above such petty concerns, and that knowledge was freeing. 

I knew that if I really wanted more power, or at least more power that meant anything, it’d be necessary for me to go ahead and complete jumps but I at least knew that no jump would ever bore me. Not unless I wanted it to bore me… 

As I mulled over that strange aspect of my reality my draconic pets began to stop glowing. It was slow at first, but soon enough they were fully visible to Ben and I. They were both statuesque women, standing over 5’10”, with pale skin and long, gorgeous hair. 

The red-scaled dragon was a woman with a slightly darker skin tone than her “sister” and had long red hair while her “sister” was over six and a half feet, taller than I was actually, and she had long black hair. 

Both women were fully naked, their bodies vividly on display and they slowly turned to look at me. They were sitting down in front of me and they eyed me meekly. I sensed their confusion, their intense emotions, and their fully alight senses. 

I had activated various essences, especially lewd ones, and as a result I was even more desirable than I had been before. I was desirable on a conceptual level thanks to the potent essences which now a full and vibrant part of my genetic code. It felt… surprisingly good to know that, honestly. 

“My pets… How are you feeling?” I asked, utilizing the potent language known as “Supernal” from the multiverse which housed both the world of Eberron and the world of Abeir-Toril to speak to them. They could hear my words in their native languages, and I felt joy fill the two of them from the bottom of their souls. 

I quietly utilized the power of “Parasite Seeing” from Medaka Box, and felt my eyes shift and turn orange. As my eyes shifted I felt my perception twist and alter as I gained the power to peer at myself from the eyes of my two pets. 

I saw myself from their point of view. I stood, radiantly radiating blue-hued energy. I smelled what they smelled, which were the heavy pheromones that I radiated that smelled of the scents of a mighty dragon lord whose very presence seeded the air with mighty chemicals. As I peered at myself through their eyes I realized that my physical form was an embodiment of masculinity and sexuality. 

I radiated the sort of power and charisma that could change the world. I had the presence of a mighty king of beasts, even though I had only just finished my truest ascension. There truly was something majestic about the “Me” that the pair of beautiful dragons observed. I wanted to strive to meet and surpass their expectations, so that I could begin to truly claim this power for my own and make it all truly and undeniably mine. 

Deep beneath my feet I could feel the world continuing to be altered by the essences I had made a true part of myself. I could feel subtle vibrations as new, sacred, chambers were hollowed out to house new bodies for me, and I could hear the distant sounds of worshipers chanting my name and empowering me with their invocations… And it all felt good!

4