Chapter 36: Changes
103 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the time that the dragon-god was asleep his body was reacting to the potent essences that afforded him his true nature as an essence-entity. His mind, body, and soul recovered from the strain that was put on him in the wake of his powerful usage of reality-warping, but that wasn’t the only thing that occurred during the time that he slept. 

As he slept his body grew more powerful. Every second of rest he received was helpful to him, in ways that he would feel almost as soon as he woke up. 

During the time that he slept his body better adjusted not just to the powers he had received as an essence-entity, but from sources other than the essences he had imbibed. His soul powerfully absorbed the faith energy he was receiving from his followers, be they companions such as Thandamere, regular people in the world of Elderia who worshiped him in the wake of his few minutes of activity, or his tiny cult back on the Earth of his birth. 

Faith was itself a powerful energy source for him in his capacity as a deity, a sanguinarch, and even a dragon lord, and receiving it made him all the more potent than he had previously been. In his conscious state, he hadn’t been able to properly adjust so that he could receive it with maximum efficiency or fully convert it to other energy sources but in his unconscious state, he could rather easily fix that. 

His powerful mind was able to identify and correct all of the unusual flaws his physiology had had due to his nature as a former mortal while he slept. During the time that he spent sleeping every aspect of him was readily improved, due to the efforts of his mind while his soul recovered from the exhausting effects of reality-warping at a scale beyond what one is used to. 

When he had fully recovered from his exhaustion he didn’t immediately awaken. In the interval between achieving a full recovery and waking up his mind, body, and soul powerfully began to utilize the worship energy he had gained to powerfully bolster his capabilities. His sleeping mind made use of the power he had accumulated to allow the aspect of himself that served as his own benefactor to enter the database where jump documents were held. 

This was a powerful decision, though in his unconscious state he could exclusively select from “Generic Jumps”. “Generic Jumps” were jumps that did not lead to specific worlds but could instead be used as “Supplements” or attachments to existing settings. They could be used on their own, but many jumpers preferred to affix them to existing settings for the sake of modifying them in a jump context. 

Andrew had special powers and privileges here since he was both a jumper and a benefactor. His version of a subconscious, which was something truly beyond any normal subconscious due to essence effects, picked out a handful of powerful jumps and attached them to the world of Elderia. 

This decision did not affect Andrew exclusively, but he kept the effects the jumps would normally have on the world around him to a minimum. A handful of jumps, namely “Generic Vampire”, “Generic Werewolf”, “Generic Dragon”, “Generic Creepypasta”, and the set collectively known as “Generic Divinity” were all slapped onto the world of Elderia due to the powers of the frightening reality-warper, while he greedily supped the power they offered the jumper to whom they were affixed. 

In the hours before he woke Andrew did begin to glow slightly, a potent aura infusing the air around him as he drew in greater and greater power. His scales began to radiate celestial energy, and those who were tasked with guarding him felt their minds grow due to their proximity to the mighty celestial-artificial divinity. 

Their aches and pains dulled while in the presence of the sleeping dragon, and they felt his presence in such a way that it was as though he were guarding them rather than the other way around. They also began to feel closer to each other thanks to the sheer benevolence of the one they revered. They were all largely generic and unimpressive members of the town, but solely by being in the presence of their god they began to dream of being more. 

At the very same time those individuals, along with everyone across Elderia and two other worlds who knew of Andrew felt a few changes begin to occur to them. Those who had encountered Andrew felt themselves feel a powerful compulsion to tell other people about him. This wasn’t irresistible or anything, but it was like they had just seen an especially moving episode of their favorite T.V. show of all time, and they really wanted to talk about it with someone. 

The higher the opinion someone had of Andrew, or of “Fernando” the stronger this compulsion was. For those who actually worshiped him, such as Alma or Thandamere, this was actually an irresistible compulsion, but for most people this was simply to the degree that it made Andrew or Fernando one of their favorite topics to discuss. 

This was due to the power of one especially potent perk that Andrew had subconsciously purchased from “Generic Creepypasta”; “Memetic”. That powerful perk was bolstered by the retroactive perk known as “Myth” which inserted legends regarding a strange but ultimately benevolent deity known by various names into the three worlds Andrew had a foot in. 

These two perks were powerful separately but together they granted Andrew a meaningful buff to the amount of worship he received. Beyond that though, another powerful perk combination he possessed now was made up of “I know” and “Demograph” and allowed him to gain a fairly accurate mental picture of anyone who knew about him, even through the myths spread about him. 

Mere minutes before he’d awaken, those who were members of his “Organization” shuddered for a second. This was strange because it was one single collective shudder, all at the very same time, as they were potently empowered by the “Organization” section of the “Generic Creepypasta” jump, and the “Generic Divinity Supplement - Divine Host” document. When they stopped shuddering they were much stronger, having received several lifetimes of numerous training all at once, and having been bolstered by two distinctive sets of powers. 

At the very same time the potent impact of the perks that were specifically for organizations in the “Generic Creepypasta” jump began to empower the very organization whose creation put the deity in his current state. The already considerably influential organization was shaken to its very core as it felt the impact of fiat-backed buffs become applied to it and enable it to spread across the planet. 

It all happened in the span of a few seconds, the upgrades taking root and spreading the influence of the potent organization incredibly quickly. The truest headquarters of the powerful group were on Earth and in Ixtacotak.

When the dragon finally opened his eyes for the very first time since he had fallen asleep it was to a world, and indeed to worlds, that had experienced very real changes due to his presence.


I regained consciousness in what felt like a flash, and I found myself laying on the beach near where I had crash-landed onto the world of Elderia. I felt the bridge between my strange kind of “supra-conscious mind” and my more conscious mind narrowing as I spent a few seconds quietly taking in the assorted stimuli that surrounded me.

Thanks to my essence-enhanced senses and brain I was able to automatically make sense of the world around me even with my eyes closed. I was able to do this without any sort of discomfort or mental grogginess thanks to all while I allowed the sensory information around me to seep into my mind. 

All of my other bodies were awakening in safe places. In Encanto I opened my eyes and found myself in my home, where one of my servants was idly grabbing a cup of water. Back on Earth I simply opened my eyes and found myself in front of my fiat-backed laptop. 

I couldn’t see any actual objects, since I kept my eyes shut, but my other senses were even more impossibly sharp than they had been before. I could hear for entire miles in every direction, and I could smell in just as extensive a range. 

I had gained one brand new sense that was itself extremely handy. Even through closed eyelids, I could faintly “see” outlines of people and other living creatures thanks to the blood that flowed in their veins. This powerful sense was a distinctively supernatural sense that I could utilize thanks to my powers as a vampire which had only been enhanced by the generic jumps that I had unconsciously affixed to this world.

I kept still, and I allowed my mind to paint me a picture of my surroundings. I could effortlessly hear the surf crashing onto the shore not far from me, as well as the idle chatter of those assigned to keep watch over me while I slept. I could also hear every other soft or loud noise for many miles in each direction. It was my ability to hear that allowed me to most effectively piece together the fact that I was surrounded by an array of people.

I subtly sniffed the air around me and allowed my mind to parse through the incredible amount of information that would reveal. I could smell all kinds of sweat, and the scents of other things. I could smell the mixture of scents that came about as a result of love-making, as well as the smell of cooked meat, and all sorts of other scents. 

All around me people were gathered and either watching me or engaging in idle activities. The biggest activities my followers were engaged in were sparring sessions. The sounds and smells of both wrestling and duels involving swords were quite easy for me to pick up.

Even my sense of touch was greatly enhanced. I could feel every nanometer of my own scales, and I could sense the air that brushed against my scales with ease. I could feel the ambient heat every lifeform for miles radiated, and I could even feel the soft heat that came off of objects around me.

I took a second to detach my focus from my windows into reality and opted to more comprehensively take stock of my internal situation. By widening the scope of my focus I began to see more of my expanded internal self than I had previously. And it looked… different. 

My mini-map was much larger, I had new icons that symbolized different things such as a gigantic scythe symbol to indicate the part of my mind’s eye that was dedicated to my domains. That was also where the text boxes that were a part of “Domain-Sense” had been moved. 

I could also see various numbers scrolling down through the empty spaces between theaters through which I could sense reality and other empty spaces in my mind’s eye. As I studied them I began to see glimpses into the immediate future, and with a purely mental gasp I realized that what I was seeing was a manifestation of a new power I possessed that allowed me to peer into the future! 

The numbers were some sort of mimicry of binary code and they were themselves a shortcut! This was the passive symbol for the power known as “Predictive Software” which allowed me to see the future through the usage of potent software that had been uploaded into the part of me that was more fully technological than some parts of my mind and soul.  

I slowly and deliberately opened my eyes. As I did I heard the hearts of those who had been observing and guarding me begin to hammer in their chests. I smiled, the expression almost sinister on my draconic face as I began to look around my surroundings. 

The world around me was much brighter and more brilliantly colored than I remembered. The sun was starting to creep up into the sky, indicating that it was early morning in this part of the world. On Earth and in Encanto it was more or less the same, though by glancing at my laptop on Earth I could see that it was a bit later in the day than in the other two worlds. 

All around me a number of those dedicated to me fell to their knees and waited for me to speak. I unfurled my wings from around my body and I looked out at them. I could feel their worship energy flowing into me. I allowed myself a second to gaze at them before speaking.

“Hello friends. I have returned. Please stand. There is much work to be done.” I uttered, before curling my lips into an amused draconic smile.

3