Chapter 1
1.1k 12 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
cw: descriptions of dysphoria

It’s just a job, it’s not like I have much of a choice to work here, I thought as I sighed pulling the frilly pink uniform up to my thighs, doing my best to not look at the large full body mirror hanging in front of me.

It’s just one summer, and then I can find another job I said tying the apron behind my back

”Now where did I put...” I pondered out loud as I caught my reflection in the mirror and was struck by a strange emotion, a feeling of...peace, like a weight, had been lifted from my shoulders that I didn’t even know was there until it was gone, i...saw a cute girl in the mirror, in an adorable maid outfit with a frilly apron with the text ”Rose‘s maid garden” in cursive pink letters, she looked so happy and content, I couldn’t keep my eyes off her, was...was that me?

”Alex! Are you ready in there?” a soft caring voice pulled me out of my daze as I quickly opened the curtain and greeted my good friend and now boss Rose.

She was probably the prettiest girl I knew, living up to her name in every way, she was like a fairytale princess had lept from the pages of a book, she always wore the prettiest outfits, I always feared she would notice me staring at her outfits like some sort of creep, but it was just hard not to.

”all done in here” I shyly pulled at the hem of my skirt trying to get it to cover more of my legs, id always hated my bare legs

”no need to be shy hun, you look adorable” my body surged with that same wonderfully strange emotion as when I looked into the mirror.

”you really think so?” I said as my cheeks flushed slightly

”yeah! If I didn’t know better id think you were really a girl” and all of a sudden like a rug being pulled out from under me, I felt the blissful emotion vanish,  the weight on my body coming back in full force, and it was suffocatingly heavy, It felt like I was gonna cry despite being unable to cry.

”you okay hun? did I say something to hurt you? I’m so sorry” she said as she pulled me into a hug gently combing her hand through my hair

”i...I don’t know what happened Rose, I just...give me a moment, and ill be ready okay?”

”Okay hun, if you want we can wait and have you start work tomorrow?”

”no I want to work here! I just need a moment to collect myself”

she looked at me with eyes full of concern but nodded and closed the curtain and I sat down on the small wooden bench no longer seeing the girl in the mirror but boring old Alex.

 

 

hope you enjoyed, this is my first time writing anything longer than a paragraph or two so im nervous

44