0001 I DIED??
81 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I feel something different....I feel light...

It was hard for me to open my heavy eyes, but somehow I managed to do so and was greeted with heavy light. 

"Hoh.... so you've woken up... "

I heard a voice from somewhere nearby. A voice of an aged person. Adjusting to the light I faced towards the direction of voice. 

" Good morning young man...."

I realized I was standing up rather than lying flat. The floor felt hard but by the looks of it, it looked like clouds. In front of me I saw an old man of around 60 years of age sitting behind a neat rectangular dining table. Due to the glass top of the table I was able to see the old man's full attire. He was wearing a checkered light blue color blazer with matching pants and inside was a white shirt with a plain light blue tie.  He was not wearing any shoes, rather was wearing white socks. He had a few wrinkles on his cleanly shaved glowing face. A calm but intimidating aura came from his direction. Showing his perfect white teeth he again said " Good morning young man.... ".

" Young?..... Mr./Sir I suppose you call a 45 year old man young? " with an obviously confused expression I asked the old man. 

As I said that, suddenly a tall mirror appeared in between me and the old man. What I saw was rather shocking. I saw a young boy of around 12 years of age with pitch black hair,  a face so elegant one would mistake for a girl.  A healthy body and tall stature of around 5 feet 2. As I was seeing the boy in the mirror words came out of my mouth....." This is me when I was 12 years old". As I said that tears started forming in my eyes and I cried my heart out for God knows how long. 

"3 minutes "...

"huh".....I said with an expression demanding explanation. 

"You thought only God knows how long you cried? So I am answering, 3 minutes. "

with a dumbfounded expression I asked "Are you God?  Mr.? "

"Well yes!!..... where do you think you're standing? " he said with a grin on his face.  He continued saying "Haha.... sorry for my late introduction. I am one of the old gods of the universe. The oldest and the first God of the world. I do have a name but as of now just call me God."

" Woah Woah..... Mr.  God --"

"Just God," he said after cutting me. 

"God,  you just gave me too much information in one sentence. But first of all, where am I? "

" You're in a separate area completely isolated in a small part of the universe hiding between a nebula," he said with a calm look. 

I felt as if I was being taught by a teacher. keeping this aside I asked the obvious question " Why am I here?  I was at the opening ceremony of my new store in New Delhi, India. "

" Oh my,  you don't remember yet, it's because you died and lost memory temporarily, just wait for 3 seconds more" with a calm expression God started counting while my head started spinning at full speed. 

"3, 2, 1,...." I faintly heard the countdown before passing out because of having a massive headache. The only words I remember were,  "You Died".....

*****

"Young master, look here"...

"Here"...

With the constant clicks of cameras the bustling road at the heart of New Delhi was blocked with a radius of 500 meter. One would confuse the gathering as a procession rather than a meet and greet or specifically a Grand Opening of the 1000th worldwide branch of the most famous jewellery brand in the world. Owned by the most influential family of the country it was a major gathering of very important people. With the director of the company as the chief guest, the people went crazy. 

At the 40 feet wide entrance of the store there stood a man in his forties,  wearing a black tuxedo with white shirt and black shoes. He wore a watch with diamonds in it and had sunglasses in his breast pocket probably having diamonds in that too. 

"Probably this suit cost enough to buy a whole helicopter, " said a reporter from the crowd. 

"Marry me" shouted three girls in unison, barely able to stand at the front of the crowd , almost getting crushed by people. 

The chief guest with cleanly shaved face, short black hair tucked properly with hair wax raised his properly done soft hands to wave towards the crowd. With a small smile on his face he cleared his throat to address the crowd. He said his greetings and said how grateful he was for the people to attend the ceremony. 

People clapped till their hands turned red at the overly humble speech when suddenly a loud shout was heard. 

A bouncer in black suit and tie with a lean muscular body was covered in blood when a woman shouted "BLOOD!!!! "

The panic stricken crowd started running away from the scene when a gunshot was heard.

*****

"Aaahhhhhhh" somewhere the young man shouted till his throat went bad. So this is what happened. 

Apparently the lean bouncer was one of the top 3 bouncers he trusted. His name was Neil. He was a kid when the family took him in and started training him ruthlessly, injecting loyalty literally into his bones. However his loyalty lied with my uncles. During the ceremony he was standing close to me, he stabbed me right through my heart with a knife and shot himself right after.

While I was watching all the scenes from above the scenery abruptly changed and I found myself sitting on the comfortable chair of the same dining table where I last saw God. With teacups, biscuits and cake laid out it was a decent arrangement of light snacks. 

I was wearing nothing but was wrapped around with a white sheet properly enough to not embarrass myself. 

"So have you come to senses young man. " God said with a calm smile and tranquil face. 

I have come To senses, I realized I died,  I was betrayed but I feel no pain. I feel no anger. All I feel is regret. Maybe Death wasn't enough to release me from my regrets. With a gloomy face I replied "yes".

But with a smile God said "I can understand you're sad, also - ".

Cutting God's sentence midway mistakenly I asked "Then why am I here? " I thought about how the life cycle continues as only after death I'll be born as a new person in someone else's womb. Then only I will leave the regrets behind and start anew. 

"You're correct in your thought. It happens the same way you're thinking. But I am giving you a chance. You know you're here after I fixed your heart and body. So why are you here? It's because I have to rectify some things " said God ending his words with a warrisome smile.

As I thought, how does he know what I think , I said in a suspicious tone " what is there to rectify ? "

"You see, you died due to a fault on my part and for that my apologies aren't enough. I, the oldest world God sincerely apologises to you for my mistake. " said God with an anxious expression. 

"it's alright….now send me back.  It was nice meeting you. " I said with a still suspicious tone. 

"That can't be done. It's the law that I can't send you back to your original world. Also it's been 5 days since the event so that's physically not possible " said God with an anxious expression. 

A wild series of thoughts ran in my mind. Pushing those aside I thought that it's been done for better,  no one really loves me there, my parents and siblings are no more, they were assassinated due to family rivalry just like me. I think it's good to lose all those people and move ahead. 

"Alright, send me to a new world" I said hopefully. I don't know where that hope came from, but still I said it. 

God Smiled and said "I have put too many restrictions on you and I know what you desire. I will send you to a planet filled with magic. Though they are technologically behind earth, they are far ahead in terms of magic and fighting skills. I still can't believe you understood everything so calmly and forgave my mistake."

"I am dead, that's it and moreover I am being given a new chance. But why the body of a 12 year old? " I asked, confused. 

"isn't this you wanted. To live your life again from the age of 12." God said and smiled at me. 

Things turned sideways at 12 when my grandpa died and left everything for his 2nd son out of 4 who was my and my 2 elder sister's father. I always wished to turn back time to 12 year of age and convince my father to give it up to avoid his,  my mother's and sister's assassination for wealth. But now I think of it: who would have listened to a 12 year old naive kid. A small laugh escaped my lips as I said "alright send me to a new world" with hope in my eyes I looked at God. 

Accepting my resolve "At the corner of the biggest continent of planet Godwin, there lies a town, Draka. The town is not too big but will have many opportunities for you to grow. The town is important because the road connecting to the port city is used by other cities and trade has flourished because of it. It has decent security with a low to medium crime rate. It is on the cheaper side in terms of living expenses. I will send you to a cabin at the outskirts of the town. That cabin will belong to you. Also with my power I will see to it that you won't need food for next 3 days. " said God.

"Ok, I know it's late, but I just wanted to say this that I am Dave and I am happy to meet you God" as I said that I closed my eyes and felt like being hit with something like feathers. After 2 odd minutes I opened my eyes and was greeted with light warm sunlight. I think it's Dawn around 6:30 am. I found myself lying on something that felt like grass. I sat up and felt the cool morning breeze on my face. I saw my surroundings to finally realize that I have been sent to another world in the body of my 12 year old self. 

1