0003 – Search Magic
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I read the letter again to make sure I didn't miss anything. "It really says Search Magic here." my heart was beating fast because of excitement that I will be able to learn, practice and even play with magic. I will learn magic diligently. I will roam this planet freely. I will travel this whole world without a care. I will find a decent girl and marry her to have a huge family. There's no more fear of assassination. As Dave made a whole lot of dreams, tears started forming in his eyes.

He cleared his brain, wiped his face and read the second paper as he giggled slightly. "Search magic" was written in capitals on the top of paper. The magic parchment paper was a rough textured slightly brown colored paper and like the God's letter, the language was English.

"I hope the language used by native people for daily exchange is English only. Otherwise I'll have a hard time adjusting." Sighing deeply he read through the paper. 

After reading once he saw that on the bottom of the paper there was a note saying "Dear Dave this magic exists in this world and people are able to use it after fulfilling certain criteria, you will be able to learn it. Use it carefully."

"Hmm. It's a gift directly from God so that's why it is written in English. I might have to learn to read and write, if I want to talk to people." Accepting his fate he cleared the bed and sat on it to read the magic paper once again. With the sunlight coming from the west window of the left room he started reading it. 

Search Magic

Goal - To search objects and people. 

Keyword - Search 

Working - The mage is able to search for objects living or nonliving. For the search to activate and function according to desire, one must imagine the parameters of the thing in question in detail while chanting the magic word. 

Range - according to mage's ability to learn. 

"Hmm, so I just have to think really hard about what I need to find and say the magic word. Let's give it a try." said Dave after reading the magic thrice. 

Hmm…..let's imagine a wooden board with 4 legs and back support. A chair. Imprinting the image of a wooden chair I said "Search..Search… .Search. it didn't work." After pondering for a moment and believing God didn't pull a prank on him. Dave got up and went to the porch to see the chair. 

As he saw the chair, he thought that this might be the reason. The chair was not made of wooden plank and 4 wooden poles and back rest rather it had a frame of wood and jute was knitted as seat and backrest. "OK let's do this again".

Dave went inside and exited the cabin from the front door and sat on the porch. He again did the same thing but the difference was he searched for a specific chair with a wooden frame and jute knitting. As soon as he said "Search". A faint map like drawing appeared in his mind with a red and green dot. Dave was startled with what had happened, he lost his concentration and the drawing disappeared. He opened his eyes, took a few deep breaths,  closed his eyes and did the same thing. Imagining the jute knitting chair he said "search".

With much more concentration this time the drawing appeared and he realized it was his cabin's plan. With a green dot on the front side and red on the rear end. 

"Hmm, so this what it means" said Dave as he opened his eyes as he pondered. The green dot is me and the red dot is the chair which means the red is the thing I am searching for. If there are many things of the same description like search people with black hair, many search results might come. So in order to maximize the effect I need to refine the parameters. 

He understood what the search magic meant. He entered the cabin and exited from the rear end to sit on the very chair he was searching for. 

The sun was setting with orange red light glistening the graceful face of Dave. "I need to make some money. Search for Money." Thinking about cash and plastic money on earth Dave searched for money,  but not surprisingly enough he found nothing. 

"Hmm, this didn't work as expected, if I cannot define money according to planet Godwin, then I should just play around with the actual meaning of money… ...treasure." he mumbled to himself remembering how he had accepted old gold from people instead of money for their jewellery at his stores. 

He again used the search magic, but now he tried many keywords, "treasure, riches,  valuables, metal,..." but nothing came up. Frustrated, he gave up and sat on the chair on the back porch. 

He again did an experiment and searched for "a beating heart." Basically a living being and surprisingly one red dot suddenly appeared. He was by now acquainted with the mini map and didn't startle him as it formed in his brain. The red dot was right above him. He ran to the lawn and saw a bird sitting on the roof of the cabin,  which flew away after seeing Dave. He smiled slightly and started practicing. 

He roamed around the cabin inside the fence, testing search magic while walking and sitting at different places. The thing he searched for was the chair. 

By the sunset he was able to use the search magic to greater proficiency experimenting using his t-shirt, shoes and socks, along with the chair as well as other keywords. As the sun set, fearing the unknown area he locked all the doors and windows and sat on the bed. 

Suddenly small specks of lights started floating in the air, illuminating the insides of the cabin. Thanking God for taking care of the lights, probably because of the world transfer Dave got tired mentally and dozed off.

*****

Feeling a chill down my spine, I woke up, who knows after how long. I got up and wore the sheet as an extra layer of protection over my clothes and exited the cabin from the front. I saw a not so dark sky with a glimpse of Sun rays coming from the faraway mountain range. "I guess the sun's about to rise."

Taking a deep breath in, he thought about how polluted the earth's air was. How everyone debated about global warming. Reminiscing about those things he took in Korea breaths. When he filled his lungs properly he went inside the cabin and washed himself up with water left from yesterday. 

I didn't want to waste the beautiful morning, so I did a little practice session. Sitting on the bed, I imagined a beating heart "search", as I did that a green dot appeared at my position and many red dots appeared as well,  startling me. There were almost 100 red dots all inside the layout of the cabin. I panicked and haphazardly started running in the cabin

I searched all over to find something, but found nothing. I ran outside to check if there were any birds, but there was only one. I was confused, but suddenly saw that the cabin had space between floor and the ground, so I bent over to see what's happening. As I bent over I saw numerous spiders present on the ground. 

"So that's what was detected, I guess the search was successful for the beating heart." With a relieved laugh Dave got up and jogged around the cabin. Doing squats and jumping jacks in intervals. 

"I need to train my body and develop some muscles. For starters I'll be doing light exercises and as my body grows and I age, I will start putting weight training in my routine as well." years of assassination attempts made it mandatory for him to have a solid and flexible body. He had a lean figure in his previous life and had a personal record of 300 pounds on bench press. 

After 1 hour of exercise,  Dave went inside to the washroom and washed himself with the remaining water from the bucket. While relaxing at the chair on the back porch, he once again tried to search, imagining a wooden box with gold coins in it, he said "search". After all those failures he made a hopeless attempt, thinking how wasteful his tries were, he sighed deeply when suddenly a map appeared in his mind,  with a red and a green dot. 

"What's this?", he again saw the map and realised that the map was now of a larger area. The map now had a layout of the area outside the cabin and the red was naturally not present in the premise of the cabin. " If I make a wild guess, the area of the map increased because I can cast the search magic more proficiently now. Who knows. I will confirm the hypothesis after more experiments. Wait a minute. " Going back to the parchment paper of the search magic. It said range depends on mage's ability. Well I have to do some trials to prove it. Thinking all this he again searched and noted that the direction of the red dot was towards the town.

"I can't estimate the distance from the map, but I get the general idea of the direction, for now this is well." I must try to be more proficient. Who knows maybe it advances to greater levels. 

"But for now I guess it's time." Thinking it's now time to move to the town of Draka, he made a priority list in his mind. 

Priority list

1 place to live

2 food to eat

3 if this is a fantasy world, there will be monsters and as usual bad people, so, strength to survive 

4 I need to have a family, a genuine household, it's very monotonous to live alone with fake people

5 MONEY

1