Volume 3 Round One
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Music

 

Copper is standing on the edge of Beacon, watching the sunrise. His tail sways behind him, his Green and Blue eyes scanning the horizon.

Copper:*Sighs.* "Can't believe I was in prison a little over a year ago. Now I'm in a school. Going from a criminal on the run to a student in a prestigious school."

Copper's scroll rings and he checks it.

Copper:"Better get ready for the tournament today."

----

People are cheering and Copper lands on the ground and snow is kicked up everywhere. Ecru is heard laughing as she lands next to Copper.

Sam blocks a sword attack with his knife. Henry throws some sand at student and he slashes at them.

Team CHSE are batting in the first round of the Vytal Tournament, in a snowy hill and Sand dune map.

Port:*P.A.* "O-HO! We have another amazing battle ahead of us. Don't you agree, Doctor?"

Oobleck:*P.A.* "Yes, Peter, I think it's safer to say: this match will be another close on in the Four-and-four round of the tournament!"

Port:*P.A.* "For those of you just joining us. Welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament! Broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum!"

Team RWBY are holding up signs that say "Go Team CHSE". Blake is waving a flag that has Copper's name on it.

Down to the Battle

battle music

Copper backflips into the air and shoots his gun at a student. They dodge side to side and jump up towards him.

Copper:"Uh oh!"

They hit Copper in the stomach with their hammer and he goes flying towards the out of bounds.

Copper throws his wipe at the student and they dodge. He smiles, but he sees Copper smirk and his eyes widen as he looks behind and sees Sam holding the other end of the whip.

Copper flies towards the student and drop kicks them and they go through the air and land in the sand dunes.

Ercu is trying to punch another student, but they keep dodging her blows.

Ecru:"Why. Wont. You. Get. Hit!"

The Ecru roars in anger and lunges at the student and she ducks and Ecru flies over her. Ecru face plants into the sand.

Port:*P.A.* "Oh, that's gonna leave a mark."

The student laughs only to get hit in the side by Henry's sword and she goes flying out of bounds.

Oobleck:*P.A.* "And Avril Bentzen, is out of bounds."

Port:*P.A.* "You should always pay attention to your surroundings." 

Ecru gets up and yells at Henry.

Ecru:"I could have taken care of that!"

Henry:"Didn't look like it from where I was."

Ecru:"Oh, I'll show you!"

A student tries to sneak up behind Ecru, She turns around and punches him out of bounds.

Ecru:"I'm trying to have a conversation here!"

Port:*P.A.* "Urd Catlow is out of bounds."

Oobleck:*P.A.* "That was quick."

Ecru stomps over to Henry and she begins to yell at him.

Port:*P.A.* "Well they should learn to be careful"

Ecru looks up to the commentator booth.

Ecru:"What ya say about me! i"ll come up there and fight you."

Henry facepalms. 

Copper jumps over a sword and fires at the student attacking him. The student slides a few feet and she charges back at Copper.

Copper jumps over her and kicks her in the back and sends her to the ground. Copper lands on the ground and fires a few shots and takes out her aura. 

Port:*P.A.* "Quela Sharpey is out of aura, so she's out."

Sam is blocking attacks from the lasts students hammer.

Sam:"I got this. I got this!"

Ariana tilts her head. 

Ariana:"You sure talk a lot."

 Sam:"Sorry."

Sam slides back and throws his knife and it disappears in a puff of blue smoke.

Ariana stops and tilts her head in confusion. 

Ariana:"What was that? You missed."

A puff of blue smoke is seen behind her and she gets hit in the back with Sam's knife. She stumbles forward and falls onto the ground. Suddenly a whip wraps around her.

Ariana:"Uh oh."

Copper is off to the side and her pulls on the whip and Ariana flies through the sky and out of bounds. 

Oobleck:*P.A.* "Ariana Engstrom is out of bounds."

The audience cheers.

Port:*P.A.* "And that's the match! Team CHSE is victorious!"

Ecru stops yelling at Henry and looks around.

Ecru:"Huh! It's already over!"

Sam and Copper highfive and laugh.

Sam:"We did it!"

Copper laughs.

Copper:"¡Sí!"

Heny:"Well done, guys."

Copper:"I'm soooooooooo-"

---

Team CHSE is at a noodle stand and Copper face plants the counter.

Copper:"-Hungry."

The Old Man comes up to them.

Henry:"Can I have a low sodium bowl."

A bowl is placed in front of him.

Copper:"The Meat lovers please!"

A bowl full of meat is placed in front of him. He drools and his eyes gain stars.

Sam:"Can I have a regular please?"

A bowl is placed in front of him.

Ecru:*Slams her hands on the table.* "Extra spicy!"

A bowl is placed in front of her and it has a bunch of peppers in it.

Copper gives the old man a Lien card.

Yang:"Already eating without us?"

Team CHSE turns around and sees Tea RWBY standing behind them.

Copper:"Hey guys."

Ruby:"Your guys match was soooo cool!"

Sam:"Your guys was awesome, too!"

Team RWBY sits down, Blake kisses Copper on the cheek and sits down with her team.

Ecru slams a empty bowl on the table

Ecru:"MORE!"

Another bowl is played in front of her.

Yang:"I'll have a bowl of the regular, please."

A bowl is placed in front of her.

Ruby:"Ooooh, I'll take the same."

A bowl is placed in front of her.

Weiss:"Hmm... Do you have anything with low salt--"

A bowl is placed in front of her.

Weiss:"Ah! Ummm... okay?"

Blake just nods to the old man and he nods back.

He zooms into the back and loud cooking sounds can be heard. Then he zooms back out and a bowl with fish is placed in front of her. 

Blake drools and her eyes have stars.

Weiss holds out a card and the old man takes it. He goes over to the cash register. 

Yang:"Aww Weiss! What's the occasion?"

Copper has noodles hanging from his mouth and he raises an eyebrow.

Weiss:"Consider it thanks for sending me to the Doubles round."

The card suddenly lands on the table and the shop keeper clears his throat. Everyone looks and sees that her card was declined. 

Sam:"Oh no."

Weiss:"What? How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance." 

Blake tries to sneakily take her bowl, but the shopkeeper takes it back.

Blake:"Noooo...."

Blake reaches for some of Copper's food but he moves his bowl and hisses at her.

Pyrrha:"Maybe I could help?"

Everyone looks to the side and they see Team JNPR walking up to the noodle stand. Copper waves at Pyrrha and she waves back.

Ruby:"Pyrrha!"

Yang:"Aw, you don't have to!"

Blake:"BUT SHE COULD!"

Pyrrha:"Well, I think I should help out a friend."

Jaune:"Mind if we join you?"

Ecru slams her empty bowl on the table.

Ecru:"MORE!"

Another bowl is place in front of her.

 

Later

 

Copper sighs as he finishes his bowl of food. Ecru has a pile of bowls stacked up next to her. Henry has a couple of empty bowls next to him. Sam just finished his first bowl.

Ecru slams down her bowl.

Ecru:"I think I'm done."

Sam:"That was you're 15 bowl."

Ecru pats her belly.

Ecru:"It was good."

Ren:"Are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?"

Pyrrha:"Of course! It will give us energy."

The old man comes and collects all the empty bowls.

Nora burps.

Ecru:"Ha!"

Ecru burps and the stand shakes.

Everyone stares at her with wide eyes and Nora laughs.

Jaune face plants the counter.

Jaune:"Ughhh If I barf I'm blaming you."

Nora slams her hands on the table.

Nora:"Oh! Aim it at the enemy!"

Ren shakes his head.

Ren:"Nora! that's disgusting. But if you do feel the urge..."

Jaune gives a thumbs up.

Jaune:"Got it."

Pyrrha stands up.

Pyrrha:"Well, we should be off."

Ruby:"So, you think you guys are ready?"

Nora:"Of course! We've got world-renowned fighter on our team, what's basically a ninja, I can breach five of me, I can bench five of me," *She points to Jaune.* "...Jaune, we've trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore, and uh... Jaune!"

Sam:"Is that an insult?"

Ren looks at Jaune.

Ren:"Are you gonna take that?"

Jaune:"She's not wrong..."

Nora:"I'm kidding! He knows I'm kidding. Don't be so nervous! The worst that could happen is we lose! Then it's just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, we won't be able to show our faces in class, no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to and we'll  be officially renamed Team LOSE-iper. Ah ha ha ha ha!"

Nora starts to sob and she slams her head onto the counter.

Copper:"¿Lo que acaba de suceder?"

Henry:"I have no idea."

Ren:"Sooo yeah. We're feeling pretty good."

Pyrrha pats Nora's and Jaune's shoulder.

Pyrrha:"Don't fret. If anything, we should be looking forward to a fight with actual guidelines and not... well, murderers."

Yang:"Yeah, don't sweat it! We've all faced way worse before."

Blake:"Let's see: Grimm invasions, violent extremists, a destructive sociopath."

Ecru:"And it was awesome!"

Ruby:"And that's all while we were still in training! Oh, imagine what it'll  be like when we graduate!"

Copper:"We'll die at that rate!"

Weiss:"Maybe then I'll be able to pay for a meal...."

Port:*Intercom.* "Would Team JNPR please report to the battle grounds immediately."

Oobleck:*Intercom* "Yes! Like they were scheduled to several minutes ago!"

Pyrrha:"Well, it looks like this is it."

Team JNPR gets up and leaves.

Ruby:"Go get 'em!"

Copper:"Good luck!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-06-2022

1487 words

1