Guilt
36 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Short Chapter)

Ercu is looking up at big Asian style house. Ecru looks nervous and Ao puts a hand on her back.

Ao:"It'll be okay."

Ecru nods and Ao guides Ecru into the building. 

Ao:"Sweety, we have company!"

Kuro:*Further in.* 'Coming!"

Ecru sets the bags of food she's holding and she takes off her shoes. 

A tall man about 6 feet in height walks into the entryway. He has Blake hair with pale blue eyes. He spots Ecru and he smiles and walks over and kneels down to Ecru and hugs her.

Kuro:"It's so good to see you, Ecru."

Ecru is about to hug Kuro but she spots a photo on a nearby table. It's a photo of Ecru and Henry battling, their parents are in the background watching. A tinge of guilt seeps through Ecru.

Ecru lowers her arms and Kuro pushes back and puts his hands on Ecru's shoulders.

Kuro:"How have you been?"

Ecru shrugs her shoulders.

Ecru:"I've been better."

Kuro:"I think with what's happen, everyone's been better."

Ao suddenly hugs the both if them.

Ao:"I couldn't resist a good hug."

Kuro laughs and Ecru forces a chuckles. 

Ao and Kuro stands up.

Ao:"I'll make us some tea."

Kuro:"That sounds lovely." *He turns to Ecru.* "Let's head into the living room."

Ecru nods and follows Kuro into the living room.

Few minutes later

Ecru is sitting on a couch and she's looking around the living room. Kuro is sitting across from her, a table separates them. Ao comes in and sets a tea kettle on the table and a couple of cups and she pours the tea.

Ao hands Ecru a tea cup and she grabs it.

Ao:"So how are you doing after, you know... Beacon?"

Ecru looks down to her tea.

Ecru:"I don't know."

Kura:"What do you mean?"

Ecru grips the cup tightly.

Ecru:"I just... don't know what to feel. So much happened that day and I don't think I've fully processed what happened."

Ecru takes a sip of her tea and she smiles. 

Ecru:"I'm just glad I survived but...."

She starts to shake.

Ecru:"Henry didn't..." *She whispers.* "I'm so sorry."

Ao:"It's okay honey. We're just glad that your safe."

Ecru shakes her head and sets her cup down.

Ecru:"It's my fault he's dead." 

She grabs Destiny's Ward from her back and looks at it. She rubs her thumb over some cracks in the gun.

Ecru:"If I wasn't so weak and clumsy, he would be alive."

Kuro:"We don't blame you."

Ecru looks up in surprise as a few tears fall from her eyes. Ao and Kuro get up and they walk over to Ecru and hug her.

Ao:"We are very sad about what happened to Henry, but we're just happy one of the children survived."

Ecru sniffs and she hugs the two and starts to bawl her eyes out and hug the two tightly. Kuro and Ao smile as they hug her back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-25-2022

449

0