MxM 0014 Something Supernatural
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0014 Something Supernatural

 

"What is this oil lamp?".

"They call it 'The Light of the Guide'...
... It's a high level artifact, but I don't know its actual rank, maybe it's Rank A...
... It is said to have the ability to guide the souls of those who have died a certain distance away from it, to a new body...
... But this one is an old artifact that was kept, we have a new one for the ceremony...".

"I heard an instructor say that this kind of skill can cause madness and other kinds of disorders...
... It can even bring the soul of the original body back...".

"Yes, normally for this type of skill to work well, the body needs to be that of someone who is alive, and your mind needs to be erased or blocked somehow...".

"You know a lot about the Faction right?".

The young girl asked the tall young man beside her several questions, and with every question, more she approached him, meanwhile the young man finished cleaning all the dust from the artifact and hung it on the wall in front of the tables lined up.

Hearing the girl's last question, he looked into her eyes and smiled a discreet smile, at this moment the two girls in the group have just kicked out the two idle boys to go upstairs, causing the two to stop their conversation to look at the rest of the group for a moment.

"Well, when you have a father who is very active in the faction, we end up learning a thing or two...
... Come on, let's test if it's still working, would you like to light the fire?".

"No thanks, I can't use the fire well yet, you can light the fire...".

Shaking his head at her, the young man walked over to the lamp and waved his hand over his oil candle, and then a little ball of fire appeared in the air, and he pushed it away with his hand lighting the lamp.

"Sounds boring, was it supposed to be that way? Like an ordinary oil lamp?".

"I really can't tell, maybe it's broken?".

Looking at the lamp 'The Light of the Guide' that lit up like any other lamp, the two stood still not knowing how to assess the artifact's situation.

"Shit! The church!".

The scream was heard coming from the end of the stairs far away, everyone stopped and looked down the corridor.

"Did these two start with the bad pranks again?".

"I'm going to teach them a lesson, so they never play with serious matters again...".

The momentary fright was replaced by disbelief, everyone took it as a joke from the two boys, so the quarrelsome girl has already prepared to go upstairs by rolling up her sleeves, but before she left the salon and turned down the corridor, the corridor lit up with a bluish green light.

Tuh! Tuh! Tuh! Tuh!

The sound of armored boots resounded as the light grew stronger announcing the arrival of its owner, the young people had no weapons to fight, and in doubt, they positioned themselves far from the corridor in anticipation of the newcomer.

"If it's a joke between those two, today I'll kill them!".

"Calm down, stay tuned!".

"Look what we have here...
... A group of heretics...".

Fear gripped the salon, at the turn of the corridor, a knight in white armor emerged with his power emanating from his body.

"Guys, he won't let us out, let's fight...
... Whoever manages to get out already knows where to go!".

The tallest young man warned everyone, that beyond fear, they prepared to fight, the Envoy didn't want to waste time and used his high speed to get closer.

"Wind Barrier!". Pah!

Almost approaching one of the young men, the brown-haired girl, raised a hand in the air, and a strong wind burst up from the floor to the ceiling, right between the Envoy and the young man.

The burst happened just below the Envoy who did not stop his attack and had his body thrown to the ceiling with force and then fell to the ground without being able to balance, and before he could get up, other attacks were already coming his way.

"Stone Baton!".

In a rocking motion, a stone baton was formed in the hands of a young man who hit the Envoy directly in the face, making him completely furious.

Turning his body to prepare to attack, another stone baton hit one of his legs causing him to fall again, and so followed one blow after another, but although the blows were not lethal, it was still hurting him.

^"Where did this bunch of Colorless heretics come from?
I can't let anyone get away, I need that promotion...
... Angel Diocolpo, help me in this difficult time..."^.

Feeling pressured by enemies, the Envoy took from inside his armor through the neck space a cord of thread with an insignia, the insignia looked like the image of the god Diore, but instead of golden, it was silvery, and instead of crossed arms, the character held a shield and a sword in front of his body.

The insignia gleamed in white light and crumbled like several fragments of glowing dust, over the body of the Envoy a great white glow formed, causing the youths to move away with caution.

One of the boys who wanted to take advantage of the Envoy's moment of weakness to jump over him and into the corridor stopped right in front of him, and from the light a humanoid figure emerged, his body was like a normal human, but made of light, in one hand he held a sword of light, and in the other a shield of light, on his back, wings of light opened and blocked the passage to the corridor.

As he floated in the air, the figure with white pupilless eyes watched the man below him, and then studied each of the youths in front of him, he wore no clothes, but his body was androgynous, and his hair as white as his eyes was straight and floated in the air as if he were underwater.

Impressed with the being made of light in front of him, the boy didn't have time to protect himself when a strong shield blow threw him onto a table, and watching their friend be taken down, the other youths resumed their fight.

"Wind Barrier!". Pah!

Once again the girl produced another barrier, but this time below the being made of light that hit the ceiling with outspread wings, but the glow of his body intensified keeping him steady in the air.
Two boys came from the sides with stone batons hitting the wings of the being that, when hit, fell to the ground falling on his feet, and then turned his body trying to cut the head of the young man to his right.

"Incineration!".

The tall young man watched everything trying to keep events under control, and upon seeing one of the friends in real danger, he made his move, Incineration expanded a half-meter sphere of fire beside the face of the being made of light, deforming his head, arm and sword briefly.

"Fuck! It almost fried me together!".

The young man took advantage of the fire and easily dodged the blow, moving away from danger, as for the other young man worried about his friend who was almost cut, he didn't notice the Envoy getting up and walking towards him with the sword pointed at him.

"Wind Barrier!". Pah!
"Water Jet!". Pichh!

A third barrier burst, and this time, it caught the Envoy's sword, which before reaching the young man was twisted and thrown away, and a jet of water hit his helmet, hurting his eyes momentarily, through the visor.

"Shit! Angel!".

With the situation leaning towards the young people who already felt victorious, the Envoy felt humiliated and oppressed, and at the most difficult moment he called for the angel beside him.

"Splendor.".

A voice without emotion and without a defined genre resonated in the minds of everyone in the place, then the angel of light shone brightly and a white wave spread throughout the salon causing blindness and mental pressure to all the young people.

The Envoy, being unaffected by the Splendor, managed to recover in a short time from his passing blindness, and seeing the fallen youth holding their heads, he ran towards those who appeared to be recovering and knocked them out one by one with heavy blows to the head of each.

The angel used all his strength in his Splendor, disappearing with the wave of light and the Envoy smiled at his success in bringing them all down.

**************************************************

"Maycon! You can!".

In an open field, Maycon looked ahead without understanding what was happening, around him, his friends cheered for him on clapping or waving their arms as they shouted his name.

A bonfire was burning beside him, and in front of him an old tree completely without leaves with some burnt parts brought him a certain familiarity.

He looked at his hands doubtfully, then looked at his friends still cheering him on, and for who knows how long he stayed there not knowing what to do, until, without realizing it, he took his hands to the fire and made gestures as if he was caressing the flames.

A few seconds later he repeated the gestures in the air and between his hands a sphere of fire smaller than a fist appeared in the air and he clumsily pushed it towards the tree which started to burn briefly in a small area of ​​the trunk. 

His friends ran alongside him and celebrated Maycon's feat with great joy and he jumped in to celebrate together, but he noticed in the distance between the trees on the other side, a pair of eyes with pupils lit with a pink glow, floating in the air watching him.

He got a big fright at the strangeness and blinked his eyes, when he opened them again he was sitting in an office, in front of him a bald man was looking at various annotations while talking to him.

"Okay, we see that you managed to learn well...
... And it still did well on the test of character and teamwork...".

As the man spoke, he got the feeling of familiarity again, looking at the man smiling as he talked, or as he looked at the office, or the books on the shelves, the gray rug on the floor, it didn't take long for him to answer the man with words that seemed repeated, as if he had used them in the same way before.

Following the man's conversation, Maycon inadvertently watched the sunny day through the window, and outside, a pair of eyes glowing pink watched him again, fear made him jump out of his chair, running for the office door.

Opening the door, he stepped out of a camping hut, around him a vast alpine forest surrounded him, and near him were other huts where other youths cooked their food over fires, or mended simple armour, or sewed holes in leather vests.

"Maycon! Come help, don't be like those two idiots!".

A girl crouched in front of one of the fires was cutting pieces of meat to put on a grill, several other pots were open beside him, and a scent of spice brought back a vivid memory.

"Could you spice it up for me?".
"Could you spice it up for me?".

Both spoke at the same time, and Maycon's body shivered completely when he saw behind the seated girl, the pair of pink eyes floating through the darkness inside a hut watching him from afar.

**************************************************

Alicia opened her eyes, and a faint pink glow faded from them, she was sitting in front of the Maycon who was tied up and leaning against the wall, sweat broke out on her forehead, and before she got up, she heard footsteps and watched the Envoy coming towards her.

"There are others down there, tie them all up!".

"Yes sir Envoy!".

"Confessor, I want you to investigate all...".

The Envoy arrived giving orders, the would-be soldiers ran to the subsoil stairs behind the other unconscious youths, Alicia got up from the floor and with her head bowed passed the Envoy heading underground with the others.

So one by one the young men were tied up, and Alicia used her skill to investigate each one of them until she felt tired, during each investigation, she went through the memories of young people, reliving certain moments related to the supernatural, which was the subject of his investigation.

Looking for informations of the supernatural, she found challenges, friendship, companionship, personal growth and how much this group of people helped the population itself, the training young people received and how they were treated, their families were cared for and helped.

She felt a huge difference between this group and the church she was raised in the last few years, and it made her feel distressed about her investigation, she would need to know more about them to have a real trial, as the culprits in front of her were more innocent than she wanted them to be.

"These three... I can't access their memories, something in them is blocking my miracles...".

Alicia felt her body tired and sat down at a stone table in the salon, the Envoy at his side glanced curiously at the taller young man, the brown-haired girl, and one of the boys he'd knocked down near the stairs.

"Take the others upstairs and hide them behind the boxes...
... I want everyone back here, let's interrogate these three the old-fashioned way...".

With orders given, the men ran carrying the young men up the stairs, Alicia resting, felt uncomfortable with the envoy's suggestion.

**************************************************

"Will they find something supernatural there?".

"I hope not, otherwise these young people won't have an easy death...".

Jenany asked, unable to contain her enthusiasm but the answer from the Watcher beside her startled her almost making her slip off the roof.

Bruumm!!!

The air began to roar from the direction of the great shed, the loud noise accompanied by the shaking ground made the Father and the people of the house run out scared looking for what was happening.

The sky over the great shed darkened rapidly, with several black streaks tearing the space, everyone's heart raced at the sight of something incredible and terrible at the same time and in a few seconds a large black sphere formed as big as the entire rice field, sucking up all the reflected light from the moons in the sky.

Vroommm!!! Kaboomm!!!

Like a terrible storm shaking the whole sky, the entire black sphere disintegrated into thin air, leaving behind many strange things and pieces of what looked like buildings falling from the sky, from the distance they were, nothing could be clearly distinguished, but everyone feared when half the large shed was destroyed by objects falling from the sky.

0