MxM 0038 Tumult at the Village Party
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

0038 Tumult at the Village Party

 

"That idiot took my gun, let's go after him!".

"We just lost a person, there's a madman running after us, and you still worry about the gun?
Do you have some more guns with you, we don't need that gun!".

"Yes I have more weapons, but they are few, and each ammo is too precious to waste on an idiot! 
If that madman with the ax hadn't come by surprise, I would have turned him into a sieve!".

Pushing people along the way, Henry and the secretary woman followed behind the bespectacled man, and chasing after them, the enraged husband chased after them as he shouted and raised his ax in the air, scaring away the people who soon walked away for fear of dying from some random blow.

Before long, the nearby streets were agitated by the commotion and people moved away, stopping the party momentarily.

**************************************************

*"This is ridiculous!
Men of Sigredio dare to walk freely causing trouble in the lands of Marro in the middle of the Memory of 100 Peoples holiday!
Someone prepare a messenger crow, I'll send a message to the Marquis' castle!"*.

*"Chief! And the Southern Witches?"*.

*"Those ungrateful women! In addition to abandoning their homes, their husbands and children killed in the Conquest Wars...
... Their descendants still dare to play pranks and cause slaughter on the holiday that honors their ancestors!
Don't worry, I'll write about them too, but the church is the biggest problem currently...
... Quickly, prepare a crow!"*.

Hearing the whole story of Alex and Helena, the grinning old man became furious and began shouting orders at his men.

Alex and Helena were shocked to discover that the monsters they saw earlier were frightening creations of Witches, and when they remembered the supernatural knight belonging to a church, it seemed obvious to both of them the existence of Witches and other mystical and supernatural oddities.

*"I think Lucius would go crazy knowing about these knights and witches..."*.

*"And you don't go crazy a bit? 
I still think this is all unbelievable! I want my house and bed back!"*.

*"Don't worry young people, the village has some of the Marquis' men who can help with organization and order...
... They are not high Rank, but they can come in contact with some stronger men...
... Here you are safe..."*.

*"Chief, old Tom is a Rank B, if he's at the festival he can help us!"*.

*"No, I talked to his niece earlier, she told me that the old man wanted to make a fire near their house, to pay his homages in peace..."*.

Alex was depressed when remembering Lucius, Helena was already numb from the strange things she saw and heard in less than a day, and looking at the two, the old Village Chief tried to comfort them, and soon the men inside the office began to talk.

*"The Sigredio church doesn't like our holiday...
... A hundred different peoples, with their own cultures, their own customs, all from the south of the empire, to the south of the continent, all were burned, exterminated by the church and the survivors were forced to follow their beliefs and customs...
... The Wars of Conquest, a hundred peoples conquered, a hundred peoples exterminated, The Memory of the 100 Peoples is a holiday for us, the surviving descendants of the hundred peoples, to honor our ancestors and never forget where we came from...
... The Witches of the south emerged later, they found some Red Path Inheritance and gave up their own homes, fleeing further south, leaving their husbands, brothers and children dying in the wars...
... And there, after the neutral lands, they set up their own kingdom, they decided to kill the other local religions out of fear of Sigredio's persecution, allying themselves with the Mamadiosa church, the new kingdom called Magoi was born, where women are the rulers and there is no room for men beyond being servants or slaves..."*.

*"Chief! Fast! A serious mess is going on out there!"*.

*"What happened now! More thugs?"*.

During the conversation, the Chief felt nostalgic remembering the history of the 100 Peoples, and so, taking advantage of the two young foreigners, he began to tell a summary of the history of the south, Alex showed a lot of interest in the history, and Helena felt each time more the differences of this world.

However, in the middle of the explanation, one of the Chief's men arrived screaming, some kind of confusion was going on and the Chief would have to go personally to try to solve it, so the old man got up and ran outside with the men.

"Come on, Helena, let's go! This looks like an RPG!".

Alex wanted to follow the Chief out of curiosity, but Helena made a soft body and leaned over the table, she was discouraged and didn't want to go on the street and risk seeing more supernatural events, Alex kept tugging on her arm until she stood up, then the two of them left the house.

"It's OK! But promise me you'll stop comparing all things to games!".

"Yes I promise... Unless something happens... Aigh! Do not hit me!".

**************************************************

*"You bastards! I'll cut off the heads of each one of you!"*.

"Give me back my revolver or shoot him!".

"No, I didn't do anything! Leave me alone!".

"Shoot him idiot! He said he's going to cut your head off!".

As one of the village's residents, the madman with his ax in hand cut his way through a narrow alley between the houses and managed to get out in front of the bespectacled man who had run away first.

People on the street, seeing the bloody axe, backed away, leaving the bespectacled man in the middle between her crazed husband, and Henry with the secretary behind, the four stopped right next to the stage, completely interrupting the musicians who were worried and because of that, stopping the party in general.

The secretary next to Henry, was encouraging the man with the glasses to shoot, she was scared by the death of her companion a few minutes ago, watching the man get shot and die would make her feel more relieved, and the idea of ​​being able to survive using force, or rather the gun, would give her more confidence.

In Henry's group, currently, only she seemed to understand the language spoken by the natives, and this gave her an extra confidence that Henry would not abandon her, her possible future could be very comfortable, according to her own imagination.

"People glowing with those lights, magic swords and monsters must be rare! Look at these people enjoying such a big party, and a few kilometers away, a rampant killing happened!
The revolver in your hand can be like magic to them, so be a man and shoot that sucker in the face now!".

Henry's words put some ideas in the man's head, he thought that maybe magical people really are rare, and with that thought he raised his revolver and pointed it at the man who was standing a few meters away from him.

The husband was still furious, but after running for a few minutes he came back to think more clearly, he still wanted to kill these people, but he was apprehensive about the possibility that they would run through the crowd again and disappear from his sight, so he stood there waiting for people to go as far away as possible, while he raised his ax up.

*"Shit! Get away! Everybody get away!"*.

Everyone saw the man pointing a strange object to the man who had the ax in his hands, but at this moment, the Village Chief arrived with his men and, seeing the situation, he ordered everyone to move away to avoid possible accidents.

*"Village Chief! It's that man we told you about earlier!"*.

Just behind, Alex arrived and widened his eyes at the bloodied axe, the man looked like a berserker, and the moment he was going to comment on that, he closed his mouth at the memory of Helena slapping him on the head.

Helena, who stopped by the side, noticed Henry and quickly caught the attention of the Chief and Alex with her comment, causing Alex to startle and the Chief to frown at the man.

"What? You again?".

As for Henry, upon hearing Helena's scream, he looked at them and recognized Alex, one of the two young men who had spoiled his past plans before coming to this world, clicking his tongue, he unsnapped the shotgun from his vest and slowly aimed it at Alex and Helena.

Pah! Aargh!

Surrounded by a crowd where everyone was looking at them, the man with the glasses couldn't take the pressure and ended up pulling the trigger of the gun, the shot hit his opponent's leg, causing him to fall to the ground holding his thigh.

With the noise of the shot, everyone was scared and walked away even more, the scene made both Henry and the secretary happy, and the man who shot, started to shake at the sight of more blood splattered.

*"We spent almost a week waiting to enjoy a historic holiday and a group of rude people showed up to spoil our happiness..."*.

A white man emerged from the crowd coming out of the village's largest building, the inn, wearing baggy black pants with a lilac shirt and a black leather jacket, he sported a very different style of clothing from the local people.

He is of average to short height compared to most men, his hair is black and straight with some gray parts, the length of his hair is chin-length, and his black beard is neither large nor short.

He walked slowly towards the confusion, in his left hand he brought a kind of cigar which he put in his mouth, in the other hand, he holds a long-brimmed black hat, he used small strokes with his fingertips to smooth out parts of the hat, then with one hand, he flicked back his hair and placed the hat on his head.

His stylish arrival made everyone look at him, the brim of his hat hid his eyes, with the cigar in one side of his mouth, he blew smoke out of the other corner of his mouth.

*"What's it gonna be, are you guys gonna stop this shit now or am I gonna have to force my hand?"*.

*"These three cowards kidnapped my wife and were going to rape her! If I didn't arrive in time I don't know what would become of her! I want their heads!"*.

"I don't understand what you are saying! Get away from me! Leave me alone! Get out! Get out!".

The angry husband's serious accusation made everyone look suspiciously at Henry and his group, the bespectacled man felt the tension, and as he did not understand the language of the people around him, he was afraid that he was being accused and would end up suffering some punishment.

The secretary next to Henry took the moment to try to be helpful to Henry and started to translate what the others were saying to let him know what was happening, he asked her to convey her words to everyone, and so she spoke.

*"My friend here said that he only wants the object in that man's hand, whoever tries to stop him will have to suffer the consequences..."*.

Underneath his hat, the man frowned upon hearing the woman's words, then he looked at Henry and the object he was holding in his hands pointing to the people around him, he blew out another puff of smoke from the corner of his mouth and raised his hands slowly as he shaked his fingers in the air.

Henry, who was confidently holding his shotgun, tried to approach his frightened companion, but taking two steps forward, he couldn't help but widen his eyes.

At the waist revealed by the newly arrived man's open jacket, a stylish belt held two holsters, and dozens of bullets were trapped in the small holes in the belt.

^"Shit! Are there firearms here too?"^.

It wasn't just Henry who saw it, but his two companions saw it, and on the other side, Alex and Helena saw it too, this surprised them a lot, after all, monsters, witches, supernatural knights, now firearms, what else is there in this world? It was the question they were asked.

*"Marko!"*.

Before taking the two guns from their holsters, a deep voice rang out and made everyone look to the second floor of the inn, there at the window, a man with long brown hair streaked with gray, lazily looked at the whole mess.

Marko, the man dressed like a cowboy, looked up and the two exchanged a nod, with that, Marko relaxed his hands and walked away, heading for the edge of the conflict.

*"It's a pity, you won't be watching my act today..."*.

*"Uncle Marko, let me test out my new invention!"*.

A childish voice denounced the arrival of a strange boy, he is a black boy with curly brown hair, in his left hand he wears a strange gauntlet that has a slightly yellowed glass on the top of the hand, and in his right hand, a gauntlet made of overlapping layers resembling robotic armor, covered his hand all the way to his forearm.

*"Where? Who should I hit? Oh! It's you I'm going to hit!"*.

Henry felt furious or hearing the translation made by the secretary, he pointed his shotgun at the boy who looked to be no more than 14 years old, but he didn't take his eyes off the man who walked away, as for the boy, seeing Henry's movement, he extended his left hand where the glass on the top of his hand began to glow yellowish green.

*"Energy Mesh!"*.

A yellowish green screen made of small hexagons formed a mesh of energy that covered the boy's entire body like a spherical bubble, Henry, who was watching doubtfully if the man would make any hidden moves, was surprised by the boy's feat.

Pauch! Pauch! Pauch!

He started shooting at the boy who came approaching him, and the energy mesh was cracking and cracking like glass with each shot, but quickly the energy repaired the mesh back to normal.

*"Till! Don't get too close, look at the state of your energy mesh!"*.

One thing Marko noticed was that the closer Till got to the enemy's weapon, the more serious the damage was, and he quickly tipped off the boy who looked inexperienced in battle.

Watching nearby, the bespectacled man dropped his revolver and ran away, he entered the crowd and disappeared among the people, Marko, seeing the man fleeing, blew another puff of the cigar, but a hand touched his shoulder, making him look at the person.

*"Marko, you can go after him, I'll take care of Till..."*.

A woman wearing an elegant white Victorian dress with lots of black details, black gloves, black boots with high heels, iron shoulder pads with black embroidery and a black hood hiding her face, arrived to watch the commotion.

Smiling, Marko lowered his head, gripping the tip of his hat brim in a gentlemanly gesture, and turned to follow the man calmly.

Henry was anxious when he realized that his gun didn't take deal of the boy, with his ammunition running out, he stopped to reload, and the boy, realizing an opportunity, smiled, from the large gauntlet of his right arm, the spaces between the layers of iron emitted a yellowish green light, giving the gauntlet a futuristic electronic look.

*"Energy Sword!"*.

A yellowish green energy blade emerged from one of the openings in the gauntlet's layers, over his hand, the blade grew and took shape to a size of 1 meter in length, causing Henry to drop the shotgun shells to the ground in surprise.

Alex, who was already delighted with the boy's display, was delighted to see the energy blade emerging from the gauntlet, Helena and the Village Chief were immersed in the one-sided battle.

*"Enough! Just arrest these two, let the party go on! 
Village Chief, sorry for the inconvenience, you can take these two criminals to arrest them..."*.

*"Please don't worry, I'm the one who thanks you for solving this problem..."*.

Another man emerged from the crowd, he waved a hand in the air and beige energy lines shot out of his fingers and enveloped Henry and the secretary, his eyes glowed from beige to red, and a red wave traveled through the crowd around him, making everyone calm down.

Henry and the secretary felt their bodies locking up, and quickly some men appeared and carried them away, while the Chief smiled and went to the foreigners to talk.

As for the woman's husband, now calmer, he saw the attackers being arrested, and the one who fled, he imagined that Marko must be able to capture him, he was glad he killed at least one of them, so some people came to help him up and he was taken somewhere.

*"How did you do it? Teach me!"*.

Eyes gleaming with obsession, Alex hurried over to the boy analyzing his gauntlets, and his exaggeration caught the attention of the other foreigners and made Helena apprehensive about the new strangers staring at the two of them.

 

Thanks for reading!
The next chapter will be out on June 01th!
If you can, leave a like, favorite and comment!
A big hug to everyone!

0