CHAPTER 18: Daughter Of The Demoness Sect’s Patriarch
186 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Immediately after, I returned to my humanoid form, used the skill and created plain clothes of my own size, normal for this age.

"Wh-Where am I?"

"In a cave." I answered.

"Wh-Who are you?!"

"No need to be on your guard for nothing, if I wanted to do anything to you, I would have done it already."

"Why did you bring me here?"

"You destroyed my place because of your vexing war with that man, so I defeated that man and then brought you both here."

A look of fear formed on her face when the girl saw the man.

"What happened to him? Is he dead?"

"Part of his soul is on fire so he can't move. I didn't expect it to be this weak.

'Is his soul on fire?! This kid is actually a dragonewt but it's really amazing how he could do something like that. Could this boy be the son of a great sect or a high noble? It would be good to treat this child with respect.'

"Sir, may I know your name?"

"Shouldn't you say your own name before asking someone else?"

"Sorry sir, excuse my rudeness, my name is Morgana Tepes. I'm the daughter of the demoness sect's patriarch."

"My name is Damian but I can't tell you my family name."

'I think my guess was right. This boy is most likely from a high sect or a powerful noble family. He may have run away from his family, or he may have been sent to the world to explore and become stronger, as some higher sects do, and so he may not be able to say his family name. No matter what, this boy saved my life so I can't be rude to him.' Morgana thought.

"I completely understand sir Damian."

"So what is your story?" I asked.

"The reason I came here is actually a test for reaching adulthood in the sect. During this challenge, I have to kill a few monsters and take them to the sect."

"What species are these monsters?"

"Long-toothed tiger, Steel-toothed jackal, and finally, the venomous arachnid. Luckily, I found and defeated the venomous arachnid, but this caused me to spend too much Qi and push to my limit, then this man saw me and asked me to be one of his wives, but I refused."

"He couldn't stand your rejection and wanted to make you his wife by force, didn't he?" I said.

'Cliche'

"Yes."

"Then what would you like to do with it now? Leaving him alive and taking him as a prisoner to your sect? Or kill him here?"

"Sir, I actually have a chance to get a reward if I take him to my sect, but wouldn't that be bad for you? So after all, you were the one who beat him."

"I do not care. I just want to finish my training here and go to the nearest city."

"Sir, my advice to you is the closest place to go to the empire. The Empire is a place with a wide variety of shops and decent inns, as well as a school. But school is compulsory."

"Hm? School?"

'I think this boy really grew up in a sheltered place.'

"Yes, sir, school is compulsory for both the nobility and the common people. Of course there are special privileges for the nobility, but overall it's a good training place. Of course, there is both prejudice and humiliation for the Dragonewts."

Morgana said something that really surprised me. So, while Dragonewts were normally strong due to a dragon's bloodline, weren't they supposed to be strong with the ability to cultivate like humans?

"Why are the Dragonewts humiliated?" I asked curiously.

"I guess you don't know, but by many Dragonewts are seen as faults made up of a dragon and human minuses. They cannot acquire something as strong as a dragon's bloodline, and it takes many years for them to cultivate like humans. To give an example, it takes 5 years for the worst person to skip a realm in the hardened body realm, but for a Dragonewt it takes between 10 and 15 years. Of course, if we're talking about a skilled Dragonewt, it could take 20 to 30 years for a non-skilled one."

"But all they get in return is a slightly tougher body than people in the same realm. Also, Dragonewts cannot learn every cultivation technique. The most compatible technique they can use is the monster transformation technique. With this technique, they can get a little closer to their ancestors, but their cultivation is still very slow and their resources are too much."

"So how long does it take for a normal person to skip a realm in the hardened body realm?" I asked.

"Sir, it takes 10 days for a genius, a few months for a normal person."

'Mine took 3 days to finish an entire Hardened body realm. So am I currently a genius of geniuses among both Dragonewts and humans?' I thought with excitement.

(Master, you both had the system and practiced a special cultivation art. Normal arts strengthen one's body by using a certain type of energy in the environment, but the art you used allowed you to absorb every single energy in the environment that was present from the beginning of creation. It was like some kind of gluttony skill.)

"How long did yours take?"

"Mine took 15 days."

"So you're a genius huh?"

"T-Thank you for you compliment sir. "

Then I started asking questions about the world. And as far as I learned, copper, silver, gold and soul stones are currently used as money in trade in this world. 100 copper coins progress to be equal to 1 silver coin, but spirit stones are much rarer and there seems to be a classification between them. Pure spirit stone and spirit stones with impurity. Impure spirit stones are of lower value, and both pure and impure spirit stones are classified as low-mid-high and peak. After the impure peak spirit stone comes low level pure spirit stones, and 10 of them turn into 1 of the next. Then I asked Alice and asked her to calculate how much the black book in my hand would cost, and the result I got was called priceless.

In addition, the sect tokens owned by those who belong to any sect contain money in them. In other words, the person could use the amount he put in the sect token inside or outside the sect. But first they have to change it, of course. And every city has a place for it.

"Sir, I told you, but are you against those from the demon sects?" Morgana asked with curiosity.

"Why should I be against it? I don't care who uses what kind of cultivation. I do not touch those who do not touch me."

"Oh I see." Morgana said with gentle smile.

"By the way, are you using demonic qi while cultivating in the demonic sect?" I asked.

"Oh no. Instead of demonic qi, we use demonic cultivation art. Demonic qi is not usable qi. When person uses demonic qi, person inflicts heavy damage on the mind. It changes a person's personality. But by using demonic cultivation pure qi, you need to contaminate the qi in your body using cultivation art."

"But can demonic qi really not be used?"

"Only demons can use demonic qi."

"Anyway, let's hunt those monsters of yours."

------------------------------------------

Here is a Discord server link for you.

https://discord.gg/WqSpSasytA

My Pat*eon'a Katılın

https://www.pat*eon.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

6