Chapter 1: The First Summoning (I)
300 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: The First Summoning (I)


 

"Hey, Kenji, wanna grab a bite later with me, Yui, and Koharu?"

 

Hi, my name's Kenji Koshiro, and I'm a highschooler in my senior year.

 

Being 18 years old, I don't have a job, and live with my little sister and mom, but still, I have experience in fields that most people don't have, especially in my age range.

 

I had short and basic black hair, black eyes, and a lean-muscular body that fit with my neutral and cold appearance.

 

The one who spoke to me was Michigi Togatsu, a blond with a friendly personality who likes to bug me and make useless invites to things and places he knows I won't go to.

 

But anyway, I looked at him with my void-black eyes, as I sat in my seat and spoke to him in an emotionless tone.

 

"No, as always. You know I don't like gatherings of people, especially annoying people, like yourself." He looked a bit dejected at my statement and rejection, but I couldn't care less, after all, he's but another useless human.

 

Honestly, I hate being human, I hate being a part of a useless and weak race that only adheres to their own selfish and useless desires.

 

Truthfully in my mind, the definition of a human is Greed, pure Greed. People don't need emotions, they don't need desires, and they don't need to live, they just want to have emotions, they just want to desire, and they just want to live.

 

However, I have made myself devoid of all of those aspects, meaning I don't need emotions, I don't need to desire, and I don't have the want to live.

 

Of course, though my life is important to me, it is of little importance if I don't find a use for it, or a goal for it. So, I hope that someone or something comes along and makes my life meaningful in any aspect.

 

Almost as if the gods specially heard and adhered to his call of hope, a bright yellow circle with various symbols appeared on the floor of the entire classroom, making everyone start to panic.

 

But, before anyone had the chance to react, they all disappeared in the blink of an eye, only to find themselves in a room of solid white light.

 

A white winged woman stood before them with awe inspiring beauty that dazzled nearly all who looked at her, though prior to their awe, she spoke with an angelic voice to all of those who stood before her.

 

"Chosen Heroes, you have been selected to save the world of Terra from the King of Demons. In order to save the world of Terra, I will bestow upon all of you my blessing that will help you grow in this new world. With this blessing, I hope that all of you will grow stronger and strike down the King of Demons before the world of Terra meets its end. I wish you well, Heroes, farewell..." Then, before any of them could react, the winged woman sent them off in a blinding white light. 

 

In an instant, they all found themselves in a large room accompanied by 10 medieval looking knights and a woman wearing white robes.

 

The woman looked like a Saintess as she smiled at the students and spoke. "Welcome, Heroes. I am Serena Solace, the Saintess who resides in the Holy Church of Variinell. I welcome you to the world of Terra in hopes that all of you defeat the Demon King who brings terror to our lands."

 

After the Saintess of Variinell spoke to the newly summoned heroes, she gestured to a knight and he came over, before she whispered something to him.

 

The knight gave a light bow afterwards and jogged out of the room, then, the saintess turned back towards us and spoke once more. "As Heroes whom have been sent by the Goddess Variinell, the Heroes Blessing has been placed upon you. To use the Heroes Blessing, I would like all of you to say or think the word 'Status'."

 

All of the students including Kenji brought out their status in a variety of ways, inciting some of them to fall back in shock or confusion. Kenji just stood there and looked at the violet screen full of golden words and numbers with an interested grin.

 

_____|Status|_____

Name: Kenji Koshiro
Age: 18
Race: Human
Level: 1
Class: {Hero}, {Devourer}

Active Skills:
[Devour] - Devour the 'Abilities', 'Traits', and or 'Memories' of the dead.
[Appraisal] - Shows the status of another being. Note: If a being is of a much higher level, some info will be restricted.

Passive Skills:
[Hero's EXP Bonus] - +500% Experience gain.

________________

 

Kenji looked at his status with interest, curiosity, and serenity, as the other heroes gossiped and talked with each other about their almost identical statuses.

 

Suddenly, the saintess started speaking, causing everyone in the room to silence themselves. "Since all of the Heroes have seen their statuses and made acquaintances with each other, it is time to go see the king. Please follow me."

 

Kenji followed behind all of the other students as they walked with the saintess and into the throne room.

 

Sitting on the golden throne was a large man who looked like a dumpling, causing nearly all of the other students to burst of laughter at his appearance.

 

Thought they held it back, they blatant disrespect caused both the saintess and the king to look at them in disgust. However, one of them stood out amongst the crowd of seemingly useless heroes.

 

It was Kenji, his black hair lay atop his head stilly as he silently and perfectly bowed to the dumpling king.

 

The saintess who was close and the king who was sat from afar were impressed by him and immediately took note with a slight smile on their faces.

 

Soon enough, after the heroes got their laugh, they stopped and started to read the room.

 

The knights, the king, and the saintess were looking at them with disgust, some even showing blatant hostility.

 

Everyone but Kenji stiffened up and broke out in a cold sweat as they aimlessly looked around the room, waiting for someone to break the eerie silence of the large throne room.

 

7