Chapter 1: Sunrays and the annoyed goddess
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the first rays of sunlight pass-through space, time, the Earth, and its atmosphere,  through concrete and steel, and gently reflect off a sleeping man with a satisfied smile. Only to be cursed.

"F*ck!...I hate the sun. Just as I was getting to the good part. "The young man cursed.

Slade woke up staring hatefully at the windows without any curtains allowing the sun to invade his safe haven. As the young man stood up you can see he was about 6 feet tall, above-average looks medium-long brown, bed hair and dark brown eyes. Skin as pale as you can get from avoiding direct sunlight like the plaque. It was not the light that was the main problem for Slade it was the heat. 'The damn heat where you can actually feel the radioactive rays' Slade cursed eternally again.

 

'I hope this game works out 'Slade thought as he looked around his empty apartment. The room was just as empty as when his ex left him, he thought with a slight smile.

All this happened because of the worldwide announcement of the first fully immersive VRMMRPG "limits".It showcased grand fantasies you partake in with the standard RPG structure with swords, loot, and castles. Just exponentially refined to make it feel and look alive. Slade recently dropped out of university as he felt that it was not for him. After a long time of just playing games, watching streamers, reading power fantasy novels, he was getting bored. He immediately took an interest in this hype, but almost had a heart attack as he checked the prices. He had to sell all his assets and a few misc. items to preorder the gold pod version that boasted about increased immersion. It took about two weeks for them to replace the position where his bed was with the pod. All for the promise of adventure and riches both in and out of the game.

 

After bathing, doing his morning exercising, watching a few videos, the server was about to start. Nervously entering the single bed size pod with the comfortable interior he pressed start and lost consciousness.

"Hi host, I'm the pod's AI that's responsible for your virtual needs, please help fill out your personal details to access the hub. Note that we will, by under no circumstance share or expose this information."A sweet feminine voice sounded in my ears.

"Go ahead," answered Slade.

"What is your full name?" asked the AI

"Slade Conner," said Slade.

"age and occupation?"

"22 and professional procrastinator," said Slade proudly.

"...Thank you for your patience , please note before you begin your body will be checked for any abnormalities and you may feel slightly uncomfortable."

 

<Scanning host...0%>

<Brain condition optimal>

<Scanning host...15%>

<Body condition optimal>

<Scanning host...99%>

<Scanning host...100%>

<No errors found >

<Welcome to the external virtual world>

After what felt like an uncomfortable long time I arrived at the so-called hub where I can mentally select several options like body condition, time, an internet browser, Friends, and what he actually came for ...

LIMITS.

When the game started you get a 4D cinematic in the form of a POV of a bird flying through forests, plains, rivers, towns, cities, and a kingdom of epic proportions.Is what would have been showing if not Slade has not skipped almost immediately. Instead, he had an amused look as he stared ahead at an otherworldly beauty with a soft aval face, warmth-filled amber eyes, blinding golden hair, and most importantly, huge, holy cream-colored wings. Well, proportionate and about 5'6"  tall.

"Why did you skip the introduction to this world traveler?" the holy being asked inquisitively.

"Greetings to you... my holiness? And why would I watch that when I want to see this world through my own eyes as that would be the best experience." said Slade matter of factly while he lied through his teeth as he got bored after 30 seconds where half that time he was looking for how to skip.

"Just call me Elaina I am the goddess of this world and am responsible for accepting the travelers, my child, and I am impressed with your attitude?" Asked the so-called goddess.

"Please do not call me your child, it's creepy I'm not into that kind of stuff. And yes but keep it brief," answered Slade as he shivered at the thought. as he appreciated her cute behavior ,she became displeased with his joke.

"..." the goddess was speechless at the insolence of the young man in front of her but still continued, "As you please let's start this already, to begin with, how would you like change your appearance and bear in mind there must be a maximum of ten percent difference between you and your avatar."

"Can I change my race?" he asked expectantly.

"No all travelers must find their own opportunities throughout the world and beware quests to change classes are beyond rare," she said.

"That sounds tedious," Slade said while he sighs. After that, he checks out what he can change and a whole catalog appears which he finds too much work to go through so he just filters to hair and eye color which he changes to black and violet respectfully.

"I am done, just a few changes because I'm content with my looks, so what is next?" he asked.

"Lastly you must select a class between the 6 options as they both restrict and reinforce your build," she said.

[  <Warrior>  ]

  <Mage>

  <Assassin>

  <Priest>

  <Hunter>

[  <Tank>        ]

 

A class list was set in front of him for the six classic options the first one is a warrior which specializes in melee battles with swords, spears, axes, and so on which he liked a lot but won't suit as the weapons will be too straightforward for him to enjoy. The mage branches out into different types like fire mage, water mage, and so on. but they are also not for him either. The assassin might be the best bet as he likes to be sneaky but not all the time though. The rest of the classes he won't even think about.

"Are there any better classes?" he asks as he saw the goddess getting bored.

"Out in the world yes but you still have to choose one of the basic classes," she said plainly.

"What if I call you mommy?" he said while looking reluctant as the goddess's eye twitches,

"Boy be serious or I will let you go without a class," she says while being annoyed. Slade's eyes seem to glow while she says that.

"Is that really an option or must I call you mommy again?" Slade says while the goddess looks pissed even though she looks cute when angry instead of intimidating.

3