Chapter 13: Level 10 and new city.
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rushing into the camp he could see the 20 goblins waiting for him anticipating their next meal. Smiling as he dodged a fireball, extending his scythe he cut down three goblin mages as he sidestepped a furious hobgoblin. Getting out of range he hid behind a hut, he panted as he was hit by an arrow to the knee 'I guess I used to be an adventurer now haha' thought Slade. popping a healing potion he watched his HP recover by half climbing up the hut he saw the mages aiming the spells at him while the warrior waited below with their weapons ready. Taking a huge leap he performed a meteor strike before doing a spinning slash and as a finisher using "Deadly strikes". Laughing at the 7 fallen warriors from the epic combo he just did, he glances at his low HP and MP.

[Slade

HP:43/170

MP:22/220]

With the cooldown for the potions still on cooldown, he realizes the helpless situation as he is being surrounded and enclosed, he decides to take down the hobgoblin be or at least die trying. Laughing he rushes straight to the club-wielding hobgoblin, dodging its attack he repositions himself behind it to use it as a meatshield and hopefully buy enough time for his attacks to go through uninterrupted. Dodging most attacks he keeps on attacking before dodging, the cycle continued until he was on 5% of his HP when something clicked in his mind, everything was so much slower in his mind he saw the lightning bolt flying towards his head he even heard the arrow slicing the air at his back.

With his new hyper state, his dodging and evading became more refined as it looked like the attacks were off-target instead. Casually cutting an arrow in half he used all he had left to make the most optimal path from his scythe to the bulky neck of the boss. The goblins saw the human make impossible predictions as all their attacks missed and watch him leap before using his scythe with his whole body before cutting their leader's head off. Horrified they watched the grim reaper start to laugh maniacally before running towards them.

"You have leveled up and now are level 9"

After hunting down the remnants of what was left he completed the dungeon before being teleported back into the cave.

[You have completed the Goblins dungeon

Calculating grade...

You have achieves an SSS grade.

Calculating rewards...

You have been rewarded with :

-EXP

-10 Gold coins

-+10 to all stats as the first player to reach sss

-Ignite skill book

-mysterious token as the first player to complete a dungeon]

Satisfied and tired Slade was about to log off before a disappointing message came through

[World announcement: player frostbite is the first person to reach level 10 in Limits and is rewarded with 2 gold coins and a mysterious token]

[World announcement: player frostbite is the first person to reach level 10 in Limits and is rewarded with 2 gold coins and a mysterious token]

[World announcement: player frostbite is the first person to reach level 10 in Limits and is rewarded with 2 gold coins and a mysterious token]

"Guess I'm not the only special one, well at least this makes things fun. I will remember you Frostbite," Slade said to himself before deciding against logging off. If he can't be first he may as well come second was his motivation. Hunting a few more bears and wildcats in the area he finally made it...

[You have leveled up and now are level 10]

[You can now talk to the village chief to proceed to your first city.]

On his way back to the village he saw a lot of players looking for something or someone.

"Must suck to be that person," said Slade as he made sure to fix his mask and hide his scythe in his inventory and equipped a random sword. With a sigh of relief, he reached the village safe and sound. Thankfully players can not fight each other in an NPC settlement or else they will be arrested as it disrupts the peace. On his way to the biggest house in the area which was no question the chiefs, he was stopped by someone.

"Greetings, I saw you just come into the village from the forest, by any chance did you happen to see a player wielding a scythe?"

I do not know if this is a coincidence or not but the person who stopped me happened to be the raid leader I stole the boss from. Trying to

keep a straight face and not laugh Slade replied.

"Not really but why are you looking for him though"

"What a shame just know that he is a despicable person I will pay a huge amount if you have any info on him." he said as walked away to search for this "despicable" person. Slade

managed to find the chief who looked like a wise old man sitting on the porch of the big house.

"Hey, chief I want to request to move to a city from you."

"Greetings young traveler, you are quite a unique one arent ya, reaching level 10 without a class and before almost everybody too, interesting. But no matter will send you anyways. Now before I send I must explain a few things to you first..." the chief said in amusement.

What he explained was that for the game to play with billions of people the map will have four continents with two warring empires inside each of them. There are countless cities inside of each of them that players can choose from to go from level 10.

Problem is that each city will have a population cap so only a limited amount of players is allowed. The fastest players to reach level 10 will have priority over the rest.

"Can you send me to the city with the most knowledge or one with the biggest library?"

"Peculiar request but since you are the first to leave my village I will send you to Evergreen city of the Eternal Empire in the northern continent, be warned though that knowledge is power and it comes at a cost. Now farewell traveler I wish you the best." the chief said before I was teleported away.

[Welcome to Evergreen City traveler]

[Evergreen City has been automatically set as your respawn point]

2