Chapter 19: Bandits and the necromancer.
53 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Before we begin I want you to serve your allegiance to me and my cause."

"Sorry sir but I just started my journey and don't want to settle down yet."

"You're right I was a bit hasty but if you ever want to settle down I hope you will consider this place first."

"Will do."

Breathing a sigh of relief that he is not unreasonable Slade continued listening.

"The main reason I called you here was that I have a request for you as you were the first traveler to choose my city, will you hear me out?"

"I'm listening."

"You see there was some unusual activity reported near the graveyards south of the city and I want you to check it out and inform me about your findings"

[Quest received: Undead activity

Grade: A

Description: Unusual reports around the graveyard plus reports about missing people might be related to necromancy and you are tasked to find the source and report your findings.

Reward: reputation; EXP; item from the front of the treasury(Rewards may vary depending on performance)

Failure: loss of reputation; no more quests from the powers in the city]

"I will do my best." Slade accepted before bowing and taking his leave.

"I hate being polite, it's too bothersome," Slade said in his mind.

"Sometimes it is necessary, but do not join any alliances you will not be an equal in or else they will exploit you and use you."

"Was not my plan"

At the graveyard south of the city, there was nothing happening yet and nobody around, but the reports were all around the evening. After waiting for an hour talking to shadowless the sun went down. The graveyard started to spew mist as Slade was getting uneasy, he started hearing wailing from a small girl-like spirit nearby. finding her to be harmless and confirming that due to my spectral essence seeing ghosts would be pretty normal he walked up to her.

"Hey, little girl can you hear me."

"wahh,... you can see me please help someone in a dark hood kidnapped random orphans from the street before bringing them here and ending them"

"But why would they do that"

"They said they were making malevolent ghosts for his experiments and something  about the graveyards surrounding energy that help."

Finding out he was on the right track Slade asked a few questions but got nothing further from the girl. walking around he saw a white grey trail that led out, he asked Shadowless and found out that it is probably spectral essence. following the trail, he was led outside the city to a nearby abandoned farm area.

Before he continued he stared blankly as three figures approached and blocked his path.As he saw them turn out to be players dressed as typical bandits.

"Why do they look like stereotypical bandits, I guess they must really be into this kind of thing," Slade said in his mind.

"Leave all your valuables behind or we will kill you." said bandit A.

"Perfect time guys I just wanted to test out some things," Slade grinned as his violet eyes glowed.

Having found three test targets for his new power he wrapped his hand in spectral energy his hand hit their armor of bandit C but he still dealt damage to their souls it was not much but it was still damage. With shadow essence, his hand shifted around the dagger of bandit B and grabbed the person's hand, and unarmed him. His ethereal essence(shadow+spectral) phased his hand through the bandit A's chest before he pulled out his heart through the body without leaving any marks but it cost him a lot of his mana.

"Bruh what just happened what is he."

"I don't know, Let's run away from this monster."

Finding his powers satisfactory he finished the other two horrified bandits with a swing of his scythe.

[3 souls gained]

[Soul stat unlocked]

Deciding to check it out later Slade kept following the trail as he walked into an abandoned farmhouse he walked and went into the basement and found a locked door with no key laying around. Assuming that the quest should end here before he reported his findings and came back. Too lazy to do that he came up with an idea as he let his ethereal essence flow through the whole body as he walked into and phrased through the door. On the other side, he heard something fall behind him as he found out that his equipment could not phase with him, strangely leaving him with only his white underwear.

"hahaha..." hearing Shadowless laugh in his head made him embarrassed even further as he found himself in some kind of lab filled with test tubes of different body parts and a lot of human bodies stockpiled on the other side of the room. Using show essence he covered his body except for his face as started to look around.

[You have created the skill Shadow cloak.]

Finding another room he found a dark-cloaked man, busy stuffing souls, into a dead monster, Slade watched in horror as these souls were all children were dissolving into a giant tiger carcass.

"I see that you are enjoying the show," said the figure as he turned around and started eerie laughing.

"Haha I do not know what you are but I can tell you will be quite a worthy experiment."

[???

Race: Human

Class: Necromancer

Level:25]

4