Into the waste… land?
331 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After killing the two roaches she went to the panel that controls the vault door. She was confused about activating the panel when her pip-boy didn't have the Adapter plug thingy. The "wonderful" pip-boy decided to help her out by giving her another lecture.

[the Pipboy 300 V.III has an electric plug-in that can hack nearly all electronic devices. Just get the pip-boy near the desired object and a zap of energy will go right in said device. Activation of the device will take time and is dependent on INT stat and {Uncaring Hacker} perk] 

This is an interesting way Vault-tec decided to make pip-boys that are prototypes. So bringing the pip-boy near the control panel caused it to charge up electricity around the pip-boy. After seven seconds the Pip-boy shot a small, yet violent, volt of electricity towards the plug-in receiver.

Seconds later the room darkened and yellow lights started to flash around the room as sounds of gears began to move. The gears started to push the giant gear door away from the wall. Then a cylinder from the ceiling of the room moves toward the semi-open vault door, locks on to it and moves it left. 

Then ramps connect the entrance of the vault and the interior. I went ahead and jumped over the railing only to stub my toes like the idiot i was. After a minute of screaming, i started to walk toward the vault-tec platform leading towards the wasteland.

Once getting closer i see a man wearing a broken gas mask while his eyes are red as hell he might've been the first Uchiha here. But that's not the case as the pip-boys Geiger counter stats to act. The poor man must've died due to radiation poisoning but the question is, from what?

[Warning: Winds on the surface indicate a Radstorm, recommend using gasmask, RadX, and other essentials to prevent overdose of radiation] 

Then the platform started to move up so i took one RadX pill, a sip of water, and put on my gas mask with an air purifier. As i look up i see green in the air as the wind and rain glowed with it. As i got near and near to the surface my Geiger started to count the Rads. 1... 2... 3.. 5.. 3, it is constant on three and only goes to five when thunder strikes the sky.

Once on the surface, the pip-boy was recalibrating albeit at a slow pace. After a minute the DT&W told me that today was Oct 5, 2286, 1357 hours or 01:57 PM. The weather part said that the storm will be done at 03:36 PM and a cool breeze would come after. 

Mystery POV

I am currently heading back towards a "small" outpost overlooking vault 111. I mainly watched there most days of the week after "accidentally" finding files about it at an old vault-tec building. 

 I mainly watch if some vault dweller came out of it but today I'm a 'little' late cause of the Rad storm. I could faintly hear Emergency sirens coming from the distance, where vault 111 is at. 

I quickly run to my observation "outpost" and see a person coming out of the platform. The person's body looks female, at the height of around 5'4" to 5'6". She also wore armor and a vault suit with the iconic vault-tec blue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, the quality is kinda bad today as well as the length of the chapter, i got sick on Saturday. Some IRL stuff happened today that distracted me so yeah.

8