Finding out more
285 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My pip-boy is currently showing me how far i walked and what is my current surroundings like. The whole map thing looks like i came from an RPG game where it's a circular-shaped radar that constantly detects enemies.

I can see it in two ways, one is through the Pip-Boy’s map tab with the range increased to 6 meters (19.6~ feet to us Americans) with the altitude. The second way to see it is through an RPG minimap where i can quickly spot enemies but with a 3-meter range and no saying on the height of my objective. 

Basically, the former allows me to see my surroundings better but occupies my attention; the latter lets me quickly know if the enemy is trying to flank me but i have a shorter range and detail.

After another minute of walking, i see buildings in the distance, ones resembling houses. The compass in the Pip-Boy started to give me an empty symbol of a house with the percentage 0. As i got closer to the area i believed to be Sanctuary i saw that the percentage meter changed to 1%.

I didn’t understand what this meant but once in a safe area, i would test as many features as possible. So i started to run as stealthily as possible through the back of a house with old red, white, and blue paint. 

Load and behold, another Radroach that looks uglier outside the vault. It's probably due to the higher concentration of radiation but i started shooting the now baffled roach. Turns out that the enemy would receive 2.0x damage if the enemy’s baffled or distracted and 2.5x damage if asleep. 

A few minutes time skip cause I'm lazy

After killing the other roaches in the house, and making sure Codsworth wasn't coming, I was able to make a small room in the house safe. I barracked the door so a robot can’t break it easily in one swoop, Ahem* Cosworth. 

But once i knew that i was safe i started to look into all this Pip-Boy had to offer. The Armor stat had two options on how to wear your armor. 

The first is [Fast equip: in a second change your armor to any but reduce all stats (except legendary effects) by -10% | recharge time: 1 second]

The second is [Normal equip: when normally changing armor you will gain a +5~10% increase to all stats and have a slim chance to temporarily add a special stat. Be warned that enemies can still harm you while changing, it is recommended to change when safe] 

I thought it was neat that i can still fast equip but the -10% will hurt if i change mid battle. Now that I’m thinking of stat buffs and stuff, let me see why i havent gotten a SPECIAL point so i checked the [Perk Tree].

Once inside, i press the Strength stat to see what i need to increase it. It turns out i need to do 70 push-ups and 70 sit-ups in an hour, All must be full push-ups and sit-ups; not half-backed BS. The moment i fuck up in the process would mean reset which made my will go down.

The Perception increases when you do either two things. One is to successfully hit targets 10 meters away with iron sights (amount of targets increases per level up). The second is to successfully repair/make an item that needs precise work (Like the last one but less required).

Endurance increases when you jog for a total of 4 miles every day for 2 days (Increases total day per level requirement).

Charisma is gained, in my understanding, When you get bitches and successfully barter/ negotiate with someone. You will gain Charisma points in order to increase 1 Charisma stat. (Every Charisma stat will increase the requirement by +100, so if I am C4 then I will need 500 C points to go C5)

Intelligence increase happens when you learn new things either by experience, learning, and/or knowledge. To gain experience is when you explore areas of interest. Learning is by books, blueprints, and other things. Knowledge is knowledge retention, How much you can hold without needing to write it down.

Agility is gained after exercising your body’s coordination when dodging, attacking, and repairing/making delicate items. An example is running while stepping into tires while glass is inside. The goal is to have stepped on the least amount of glass per tire hole (doesn’t sound wrong or anything)

Luck is increased when successfully guessing, gambling (Drago: *cough* Genshin), and chest looting. So playing any game that requires testing your luck will increase it. Losing will still grant Luck points but winning will grant more, so pray to RNGesus to win. (125 per L Stat Level Requirement, 625 points for L5)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayo, drago here, Thank you for waiting on my recovery. truth be told that i started to write this chapter on Wednesday when i felt much better and cause i was bored. boredom does wonders even when some are sick.

6