Family
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

I wake up slowly opening my eyes trying to adjust to the morning light, hearing the sound of someone sobbing like a lost child brings me to my senses only to see the source of it, Thomas. "Where's my get well soon card and flowers?" I demand in a sarcastic tone while rolling my eyes and removing the bed covers from me to dangle my legs over the bed.

"YOU WERE ASLEEP FOR SO LONG!" Thomas blasts into my sensitive ears while brushing away tears and tackling my chest, forcing a cough out of me from the wind being wrestled out of me. "Please, get off of me you 10 ton hunk of meat" I manage to wheeze out.

"Okay okay I'm sorry for the sudden rush but you were seriously worrying us dude" Thomas moves the chair closer to my bed.

"What for? I feel completely fine, although the last thing I remember was a rogue tugging on my ear with enough force to tear it off completely" discussing it as I reach for my ear in remembrance of the pain. "Oh, who healed me?" In realisation that I had no leftover marks or bruises along my body.

"Yasmine did, for the sole purpose that you wouldn't be asleep for any longer than needed" he asks while examining my face for a health check up? I assume.

"What do you mean? and good to know she touched me while everyone just watched it happen I assume" shivering at the thought of her seeing me vulnerable.

"I'll explain it another time, but you've been asleep for 2 days dude" Thomas explains while pointing towards the sunlight that's clearly brighter than the day I remember waking up.

"What...happened to me exactly, I don't remember anything other than the shock of being pinned down and assuming I was just going to die right there". "Mind helping me down?" I admit my body felt foreign to me in the moment, still unable to feel my hand as I extend it to Thomas to help me which he complies with.

"Only person that could of seen you or at least something would of been Chris, but he left earlier today to go 'check on something' were his specific words" As both of us look at each other to confirm the abnormal comment. "He said for me to tell you go find him the moment you wake up though so...it's up to you what you do from here". I can tell he's unsure of himself and if anything looks just as lost as me.

"Well to start with, I haven't eaten anything since...the night before we went out with the pups? Holy crap I really haven't eaten anything have I" Trying to walk with my legs currently flopping like a jelly figure with a clear lack of energy in them. All of a sudden I'm being picked up like a child and placed on the back of Thomas, I wouldn't be able to stop him in my prime so I just went along with it in silence.

"Wow no complaints? I thought you hated being touched" His shocked face quickly returns to a calming one after feeling acknowledged. 

"Only by certain people...I'll allow it" Realizing what I just said I headbutt his back trying to hide my obvious blush and he didn't flinch at all.

"Haha well I'll take that as a compliment thanks, oh yeah I hope you're aware that we all saw your nakedbodyasChriswascarryingyouhere"

"What?" Confusion suddenly slapping me in the face and taking over my expression

"Nothing! lets get down to the canteen for you to finally eat, my sleeping beauty" He chuckles lifting his head back to look at me trying to comprehend his sudden laughter.

"Oh by the way, who dressed me?"

"Scarlet did as we left the room, no worries" Thomas says nonchalantly

"I don't believe that nor want to believe that so I'm just gonna lie to myself saying I grew clothes, that cool with you?"

"Yeah sure pal, whatever gets you to sleep at night" sending a chill down my spine thinking of that demon existing near my sleeping body.

"Hey Thomas?"

"Yeah bud?"

"Thanks"

"For what? Carrying you? Watching over you? Protecting you? C'mon you gotta be a little more specific cause I do so much for you"

"Y'know what never mind, it's my pleasure to allow you to carry me, feel free to thank me whenever"

"And with that, here you go" Seeing his head turn to look at me this dude actually drops me.

"Wha-" Just when I was feeling a little better my ass that's now throbbing in pain, and not in the good way.

"WE'RE HERE EVERYONE!"

"Uh...everyone?" Suddenly pools of people come swarming out of the pack house doors, 'Who even are half these people' I get I have amnesia but you'd think I'd remember the faces of people I lived with even if they do look like they've just crawled out of the walls.

"Hey. Hi. Hello. Hi" What's the next generic greeting I can spit out in this...family reunion? Please I'm running out of ideas here and my social battery's draining like a virgin vampire sucking on a blood bag.

"Percy! come sit with us quick!" a soft but loud voice spoke out. Hearing that I immediately recognise the voice and darted towards it, telling Thomas I'll meet with him back at our room. "Mercy! How's my favourite copycat?" I jokingly refer to our names being so similar but trust me, our personalities differ in nature quite a bit, especially with the ironic name of Mercy she's actually a guard for the pack house who's known for her aggre-persuasive...nature towards intruders.

"Oi I don't appreciate that tone, speak to your superior with proper manner"

"Why, you're old and therefore have less value than me" I proudly state knowing I'm gonna get my ass kicked after this

"I. am 29. Not 50, I'll beat your sorry hospitalized ass if you keep making those jokes" she whispers into my ear subtly threatening my existence

"Alright alright, I don't wanna see death just yet. I wanted to get some food but I guess that just isn't happening with the crowd of people." Pouting knowing I'm just gonna starve to death at this rate

"Haha no worries, I knew this would happen so I packed some food for you beforehand" Mercy explains as she takes out a bag from behind her back, revealing it to me.

"Thanks ma'am" as I begin to absolutely deepthroat a croissant in the background

"What did you just say?"

"I-Uh-thanks? Yeah I said thanks" I recover from my croissant high, trying to avoid eye contact with this death machine

"Yeah that's what I thought, shut up and eat you flea. Before the Alpha gives his speech" she grumpily tells me with a sigh.

"Eh. Why?" From what I understand our Alpha isn't liked by everyone because the way his father just up and left without reason and in term forcing him to step up with his mate as Luna...yeah she's the issue that absolutely nobody likes.

"It's about the rogue attack the other day and blah blah bah, just eat before he comes so you can listen properly" she begins flopping her hands in front of her while explaining, only to drop them in self-realization that she just did not care for this speech. And with that, it began.

1