The New Alpha
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam's POV

Beginning the day I take a glance at the luxury in my room, it makes me sound ungrateful I admit but ever since I was 19 I've only sought out one thing. My mate, who I'm sure isn't in this nosey pack, I understand the whole telepathic thing is for our own protection but it's draining having to always be on guard about my simple privacy. Alpha of the Rainmakers, viewed as the strongest pack in present time and yet I'm here. Mate-less and not even the official alpha because of that lacking detail.

Rolling myself out of bed I slump myself towards my office in an attempt to maybe be productive today, yeah that isn't happening but it's the thought that counts right? I'm all for taking on the duties of the pack and my partially golden eyes that go throughout the alpha bloodlines are proof of it. I'm told they won't fully turn until I've found that spark of a mate to ignite them, my sister on the other hand won't be able to as it's solely the first borns that are able to inherit the true golden eyes. Speak of the devil and he shall appear almost as if on cue, "Up, get me a damn milkshake you lazy ass of an Alpha" Athena calls me out on my scruffy appearance.

"Why" I groan in her general direction.

"Cause I said so, you owe me from the last 80 things I've done for you. Do not make me drag your legs outside into that rainstorm" Athena flicks her hair with an exaggerated sass.

"Why did we even build this place in a cursed zone" Referring to the deafening pounding of the rain against the glass. We only need to use telepathy when we're outside but people still choose to intrude each other's minds with telepathy while inside. I've never liked it if I'm honest but being part of an Alpha bloodline people aren't capable of intruding my mind without my noticing, and I'd like to think they'd rather not be caught snooping around in the mind of their leader.

"You know exactly why, we were forced to take those classes together in order to retain the history of our pack!"

"Damn that's crazy, but I don't remember asking for the specifics?" I slyly remark as I watch her face heat up with rage, bringing me the much joy I needed to start the 'day'.

"Yeah It's afternoon, get up and move you lump of meat"

"Okay okay fine I'll see you downstairs in a sec, just let me exist peacefully for a little longer" holding my chest to pretend her whole existence is paining me, once again earning her rage that's shown through her golden hair extending towards the ground. Our parents should of named her Rapunzel if we're being serious, the story of a wolf with ever growing hair. Alphas have an extremely more likely chance of birthing a Gifted soul and Athena got two. One being able to control her hair like an extra limb...still makes me uncomfortable to this day and the other she well, we'll probably see it in action soon.

As I'm getting up to walk towards my closet I remember the lesson we had about cursed zones, they were described as "Punishments" decided from the Moon goddess as our packs committed a sin that went unforgiven to her will as a God. Past that I don't remember much I'll admit, and with our elder being struck down by lightning which tore down half the pack house, leaving the book he was writing coated in a blood soaked state. Nobody's left to pass it on other than the unreadable book, if that sounds gruesome I have you know he also taught algebra. Now that shit was true dark magic intended to cause me brain seizures on command.

Walking into the bathroom after picking out a pair of shorts and simple plain white tee, I toss some water into my dark brown hair causing it to drop down past my light hazel eyes. "Yup, lookin' good", Smiling myself at the self rewarding joke.

-

Finding myself sat at the family table I see my little brother Ray doing circles around it, I love the kid to death but boy do I love that little *Conk* sound when kids slam face first into the floor or trip into a table. 'Please do' snickering to myself at the thought, earning a confused glare from Athena at the other end of the table.

"Sit." Said the grumbled old alpha, causing us to spin and face him in respect...for what it's worth.

"And why are we here?" Athena places a glass down after sipping from it.

"You're my children and I love you guys, why wouldn't I just want to see you?" Our father, Alpha Rane halfheartedly spits out a reason.

"We know that isn't true, be real for a single moment of your life!" Athena slams her hands on the table in frustration while leaning back and bringing a glass to her mouth with the help of her hair, sipping again almost just to silence herself.

"With all due respect, albeit there isn't any, Dad can you just get to the point?" I run my hands through my hair with a growing impatience.

"Choo choo!" Ray spits into the air with eyes glowing a faint yellow as he begins to control it in circles around us. "Oh no the fuck you don't kid" I hide behind the chair and take over his now airborne diseases, slamming back into his mouth.

"Moving on...Daybreak had a breach of their territory, from a rogue." Rane continues to speak with a tone of authority.

"Why would a rogue be coming into their territory? Could of sworn that's one of the more guarded packs, although doesn't say much considering we barely have any. What idiot would come charging in a pack full of water controlling freaks...surrounded by water?." Athena comments with a rhetorical tone.

"They're rogues, lost of thought and void of emotion other than rage. They wouldn't care for even eating their own bones for a meal nonetheless charging after a whole pack." My father snaps back, probably taking offense from Athena saying something he already knew.

"Okay and your point was? Actually how come you're aware of this to begin with?" I say while slumping back in my chair uncomfortably.

"Cause your beta was asked to visit for an update to the packs and possible warning" He waves it off like nothing.

"Alex? How come you guys never consulted me about this?"

"Cause you're lazy as fuck and currently useless as an alpha, you can't even find your mate"

"Thanks Dad" Remembering why I avoid all contact with this old dog I get up and begin to walk away. Until it hits me, "Sorry I'm late! I was being backed up by you know who's work haha" Alex burst through the doors. In response I grab him by the collar...but not for the reasons they think, "Dude what the hell, chill out it was a joke" he tries to defend himself but I can't stop myself from sniffing him.

"I smell you, but it's not you, who's scent is this" I quickly question him which causes them to turn their heads at me.

"I have no clue, I was around a tons of people in Daybreak" Alex says while pressing his hands against the wall when I don't realise I'm leaning full weight against him now, looking down with my 6ft 4 frame over his 6ft 2.

And then he begins ranting on explaining his whole life story, "Fine okay there was one person in particular I was sorta around more than the others? He gave nice hugs I admit, although it was sudden and he looked taken back by it. I'm digging myself a deeper hole here aren't I?"

"Yes, I love you like a brother but before I bite into your neck to taste this scent I'm gonna need a name"

"Woah dude your eyes!"

"You're changing the subject to save the meat on your neck"

"No seriously, they're literally gold"

"Not believing you, name, now"

"Son, turn to me." My father says while barely drawing my attention away from this intoxicating scent. "They're gold. Alexander what's the name of this person, speak"

"He...shit...I-forgot to ask" Alex blank faced stares into the floor, knowing his slow ass got distracted by gloating his muscles or some shit to my literal mate.

"I'll end you Alex..." I exhale in a puff of frustration, "But for now, I'm sniffing you till the smell's dead and gone."

"I'M SORRY PLEASE GET OFF ME!" Alex screeches, now squirming on the floor as I'm latched on like a parasite getting whatever remains of essence he has that's rightfully mine.

1