The Village
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

While approaching Yasmine I notice the other two we're heading out with, one a boy with ginger hair and freckles swirling on his cheeks and the girl, a tiny bit smaller in frame but same complexion...twins? "Thanks for treating me while I was out like a candle light" reaching out to shake her hand as a greeting gesture, only to be pulled in by her unnaturally strong arms "AWW YOU MISS ME!" Yasmine screamed while nearly fracturing my hands in her grasp as they increased in intensity but luckily letting me go

"Why do all of you see joy in hurting me" I groan.

"That hurt you? I don't see you harassing that rogue that attacked you, be glad I didn't chew off your ear too"

"Where the hell did you even get all that from? Conclusion jumping surely is your sport isn't it" I smile while wave her off and head to the new people, leaving her jaw to drop as she absentmindedly thinks of a comeback.

"Hiya, name's Lucas" Said the boy with a hop in his step catching me off guard with the burst of emotion

"Nice to meet you, who's the one behind you?" Referring to the girl who's now behind his back probably just shy of us all

"She's Lara, my twin sister if you couldn't already tell haha" Lucas leans down as he puts his head against hers, showing off the similarity in colour

"They're gonna be the ones guiding us there if you couldn't tell" Thomas says as he shuts the doors behind us and hands me a backpack full of clothes, "Thanks" assuming he got it from our room while I was out with Chris which reminds me.

"How come Chris isn't coming?" I question

"He said he needs to reinforce some guard rules cause the power trip Minerva's having is causing huge holes in our protection here" Thomas responds.

"Oh gotcha...wait if they're leading us here then I'm gonna assume they're not from this pack?" Putting my clothes in my bag getting ready to shift.

"Spot on, we're part of the Moonlit Sky pack. We were here visiting cause I was curious about my flames" He begins lighting a flame in his hand only to cause a surprising reaction...they burnt him?

"Ouch...yeah I'm never gonna get used to that haha but whatever, it's still handy when I'm cold and what not I guess" Lucas says almost disappointed in himself

"It's cause you're not from this pack, sorry to let you know but I'm not sure just how well you'll be able to use the flames while not being born from Daybreak" Yasmine clarifies to him, only causing him to appear more distraught by the lack of use it has

"Wait if you have an additional gift then what does she have?" Pointing towards Lara, as she blushes at my half naked body

"We were born at the same time, obviously. But something odd happened where she inherited both natural abilities of our pack and I got given...this" Lucas clicks his fingers together forming a spark, once again causing himself pain from the slightest use of it.

"It's all nice that you guys are talking, but can we talk and walk?" Thomas asks while gesturing towards the forest that we're headed into. "Good point, let's get going before it gets too dark" Lucas states while shifting into his pale white wolf, also noticing the similar one right next to him being Lara of course.

"Race?" Yasmine looks towards me.

"Race" I quickly state while we both simultaneously breakout on all fours and make our way between the trees.

-

As we're all running and jumping over some debris like broken down trees and rocks I look to the side of me, seeing Lucas and Lara playing tag with each other's tails. Mentally laughing as each time Lara gets bit on the tail she yelps out in shock at how quickly he catches up to her, 'they've clearly been close for a long time'. I ponder to myself.

Yasmine's supposed task of hitting me failed as she just flops her body towards mine in an attempt to shove me into a tree...yeah that wasn't gonna work in a lifetime. "You suck" I call out, forgetting how hard it is to talk with this body. In reaction she just tries again and again to leap on me until she gives up, making me question her next motive. "Sit still" She tells me, gaining the exact opposite reaction as I recognize her fur beginning to rise as an obvious heat flows out from her...she's actually trying to kill me isn't she. Wasn't she meant to be the healer and delta here?

"No" Thomas comes in, stomping on her paw and causes her to unleash a full force fire breath into the night sky, causing some leaves to burn up at the touch. Not a moment after she begins to lick her paw furiously, I guess Thomas stepped on her that hard huh, honestly deserved. As I smirk away I notice Lucas paused as he's staring in amazement, almost feeling bad for him as he stares in awe at what he wants to be able to do.

-

After a while more of running Thomas wants to stop a while in, knowing it might be a risk to keep going during the night. "We'll stay here" He huskily says while taking a second to watch Lara catching up, for a wolf she seems pretty slow honestly. We could change clothes or we could just stay in these forms with a free pelt of fur...saving ourselves that pain of constantly shifting we decide to stay in our forms.

"Come here" Lucas says to Lara as they cuddle up together under a tree, I wanna know what their life was like, and how their bond was formed so tight. Being an only child I'm heavily jealous I admit, I don't know what it feels like to have to look out for someone like that.

"How...old?" I whimper out.

"Us? 16...no parents, just...pack family" He responds as Lara quickly dozes off next to him with her little snores

"Talk tomorrow?" I ask, considering I have way too many questions that'll take too long to get to while in this state

"Sure, goodnight" He complies while putting his head down and closes his marine blue eyes

Just before following suit I notice Yasmine, all four paws facing the sky as she happily snoozes on her back like an idiot...how did we get stuck with this gem of a delta, I will never know.

-

Feeling the sun torching my black pelt and me not liking the idea of getting cooked alive I decided to get up, ultimately unshifting behind a tree and putting on some real clothes I hear Thomas and Lucas talking.

"Okay so you mean to tell us we're in a place that used to be owned by humans?" Thomas stresses with an outward body language.

"I...thought you knew we were gonna pass this area, I'm sorry for not telling you ahead of time" Lucas rubs the back of his head with a guilty look.

"How the hell did you even make it to our pack the first time without seeing this place?"

"We didn't take this path...our elder told us it was covered by a fog so we decided to take the longer path outwards." Lucas defends himself while giving Thomas a map of the different zones, sliding his finger along the path they previously took

"Well great, if this village is still swarmed by humans we're fucked I hope you know" Thomas stomps forward ahead of us as we follow him.

"You guys talking about the west village or what?" Yasmine cuts in

"That one precisely" He confirms.

"I heard from Chris some people still live there, the recent increase of rogue attacks have caused most to move away but, as long as we stay in human form we should be good." She confirms while tying her hair after fitting on some clothes.

"Hey Lara, if we get into danger...are you able to see it before hand?" I ask in curiosity of her power, I read that Moonlit Sky members were able to see into the future, as well as the emotion or true nature of others if the conditions were right.

"Uhh-possibly...but I'm not sure, our power grows with age and the younger you are the less ahead I can see. Sorry" She goes to hide behind Lucas as he chuckles to himself at her attempt to interact with us

"Thanks for letting us know, we'll hopefully be fine though"

"So we're just heading in this wolf slaughtering man house just to speed our journey up a bit?" Thomas says while giving a sigh, already aware of the answer.

"I guess we are" Me and Yasmine speak in unison making Lara smile as we make our way towards this village, praying for the best.

 

Author's note: I rewrote this last part like 3 times and I'm not fond of how it came out cause I kept forgetting to save it, yes I'm dumb and disappointed in this chapter. I blame Uni.

1