Long Way Home
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thomas's POV

Running into the woods from the open space of the now devastated town that's been melted down by the actions of Lucas. We look behind us seeing the flames begin to die down as the sky begins to break into night, I send a prayer off wishing for the best in wherever those two go next.

-

"From here on out, no more sudden decisions. We plan out right here where we're going and how we're getting there" Yasmine says while stopping in front of us with a shaky display in disbelief of what just happened

"I hate to say it but, Lucas had the map. Even if one of us had it I doubt it would of survived that heat, our clothes barely made it out unscathed." - Thomas

"So we're completely just lost now? Absolutely terrific." She begins fumbling around in her bag in hopes of finding something, in the meantime I look at Percy who still seems out of mind from the shock. "Hey bud, we're gonna keep moving. Are you cool to go on?" I ask, receiving a nod in response which was good enough for me.

"Yasmine, we roughly know where this place is sure. But at the moment the closest place would be the Rainmakers I believe...Percy was also keen to go there. We could ask for some help getting there once we actually ya'know, get there." I begin throwing out ideas as she's quick to agree luckily supporting one of them, and on we go onto a sudden change of destination.

-

Yeah we're lost as hell but we're lost with a destination in mind...that counts for something right? Walking for quite sometime and finally passing out of the forest and into a place full of desolate land I feel the pressure of the air around me begin to drop. Hearing the roaring of thunder and howling winds swirling I look up to see a storm beginning to form, almost in reaction to our presence as the air becomes electrified.

"Why the hell is there a random storm in the middle of the plains!?" I call to Yasmine while holding on tighter to Percy's hand

"What!?" She responds, causing me to immediately give up trying to converse under this condition, so instead decide to hold onto her hand as well. Avoiding us being split apart by the sheer force of the winds as we begin making our way around it. I can't help but feel like something's genuinely watching us, whether it be from the centre of the storm or around us, and it has a very clear view.

As I'm holding onto Percy I suddenly feel him go limp as his legs fall to the ground, "Percy!??" I scream out only for my voice to be swallowed by the wind. I decide to carry him on my back since there's nothing else we can do at the moment.

"That thing you carry, return here with it." A voice so clearly speaks into my ear, also catching Yasmine's attention as we turn to face the same direction. But before we could process what it said a gargantuan blade gets swung towards our feet, landing into the ground and erupting it without warning. Causing me to stumble back, barely having the energy to get back to my feet.

"You will see me, whether you want to or not. Diluted blood of the curse's roots flows through you, I'm not interested in that." A glint of gold and purple shines through the thick fog that's swarming around us like an infestation, "When he wakes and you do not return, I will begin my hunt for the pure blood." I can barely focus on the voice as the razor winds begin slicing through my skin, picking up pace with every rotation. I'm losing consciousness from the lack of oxygen in the air being stripped directly from my lungs, Yasmine's eyes glowing a rose pink as she tugs on my arm further and further from the whispering storm.

-

Yasmine's POV

The Rainmakers, pack built in a cursed zone and as confident in their strength as sure the sun will rise the following day. And we're coming here for what? To beg for help? What could we possibly offer that they didn't have. I just had to drag both these two through the electrified currents of a primordial storm into a now torrential rain that's definitely bruising my body with every strike. I'm sick of this shit, I want to be warm and snuggled up next to my mate...'Maybe soon' I keep telling myself but it just makes me feel more and more empty each time I say it.

"THOMAS GET THE FUCK UP, I'M NOT CARRYING BOTH OF YOU THE ENTIRE WAY!" I sound out in frustration as the rain just continues to drown out anything and everything. While stomping in puddles of pure mud and dirt I come to the realisation...I'm losing my shit and I'm not gonna be the one to suffer alone. Climbing onto Thomas' body I begin slapping him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. "You're not gonna be left out don't worry little buddy" I speak to the equally lifeless body of Percy knowing nobody can hear me. Back and forth back and forth, hmm yeah I should of done this ages ago, 'Screw Thomas for convincing me to do this journey' I think while smiling up to the sky revelling in the pain as it's the only think keeping my tired body awake.

But then it just stops...no that isn't right it's still falling, just not directly on us anymore. "Are you guys okay?" A worried I presume guard comes running towards us, creating a dome of peace by stopping the water just above us. In response I can only shake my head with the amount of energy I have left, "I admit, I don't have the strength to keep stopping this rain above all of us considering it's coming down with such force...let me try and call our Beta."

She stands still for quite a while which makes me question her motives as I give her a look of confusion, "It's telepathy don't worry, I'm not just standing here." she announces to clear up my doubts. After a little bit more she has to drop the veil for a second as it's visibly straining her to control so much water at once, but it immediately reforms with the help of a familiar Grey iris coming into view.

"Oh my god Adam is going to kill me...again" The beta murmurs...does he think we're a threat? A passed out dude, a knocked out kid and me, the most important one currently on her knees with tears being hidden by the wet trails of rain on my face.

"Can we...please...just get inside" - Yasmine

"Oh yeah damn uh hold on a sec" - Alex

His eyes glowing more as water beginning to surround us like a rope as we're lifted into the air and carried off towards what I assume is the pack house, 'The fact that he can just subdue us from any direction only confirms that given the right conditions, this is definitely the most powerful inherited pack gift I've heard of...now just to not piss them off.' He turns to smile at me as I just realised he heard absolutely everything I thought. This is going to be fun.

1