The Call Of Thunder
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thomas' POV

'Come! come! come!" The words echoing throughout my head back and forth as I barely hold myself against the open doorframe

"Thomas!?" Percy calls out to me

"Perc-" My words falling silent as my vision turns black, 'I'm coming'. A familiar but not comforting voice resonates throughout my head.

"Thomas!?" Yasmine repeats as I feel her hold my body up

"I'm fine, sorry for the scare haha" My tone with a faint laughter as I try to convince their doubts but fail horribly as their faces remain full of worry

"I'm serious I'm fine guys, but what happened outside why I was sitting my ass in here missing all the action?" The question causing Yasmine to draw her attention towards Adam patting Athena's back in comfort and then towards Percy.

"Uhhh, the old Alpha essentially emotionally tore her apart and she was going to kill him so Adam had to step in, other than that I wasn't able to see what was happening beforehand since she was blocking off the centre of the hallways" He says with an unnervingly calm tone and causing me to doubt if this even was Percy, he normally acts up at scenes similar to what he just decribed.

"We'll get back to that, but do you guys even remember why we left the pack house?"

"Nope!" They both happily cheer in unison and making me facepalm in reaction

"We left to inform the Moonlit pack of the increasing rogue attacks on our pack, then got lost as hell on the way here so had to change our course to a place we knew about. That being here, for the sake of getting a guide there"

"OHHHHH!" The twin dumbasses plea with innocence as they gleam with recognition.

"The pack, you can't get there unless you get there at certain conditions..." I turn my head to hear Athena beginning to talk past her previous gloomy state

"What do you mean?" - Yasmine

"The name itself is a hint...but ironically enough it isn't a moon filled sky you want. You need to wait for a New moon so that the entrance opens up. If you're going there then I'm going too, I need a break from this shitty place." She stands up, regaining her prideful stature.

"I'm in charge of this pack but I'm sure that deadbeat can take command for a while, I'm not leaving my mate for a second" Adam calls out while walking towards Percy, picking him up in one arm like a baby. Making me smirk at him in approval as he hides his face against Adam's body.

The crashing of thunder causing us to all pause and stare off into the ceiling.

"Oh so you all heard it that time?" I question to them as they turn to me a little surprised at my comment.

"You've been hearing that?" Percy asks me

"I heard it when I first woke up but didn't question it as I assumed I was still dreaming ish...I don't know. But then it happened again when the telepathy started, and again when Athena came back." I truthfully try to answer but find it hard to convince them I'm not just crazy

"What's wrong you two?" - Yasmine

"We built the pack on a cursed land of permanent rain...it can't have thunder." - Adam

"Maybe it just changed?" - Thomas

"It can't, that's not how cursed zones work. I've read books upon books and all I've ever seen in common were the phrases "Remnant" and "Punishment" repeated over and over. But not a single time has a cursed zone known to just appear out of nowhere or even change itself." Athena comments, as we all look visibly distraught trying to wrap our heads around it.

"Athena didn't you also say the pack member you had to...finish was begging for forgiveness despite blatantly killing some of us?"

"I did, but for starters I've never known a non-alpha to have telepathic gifts that strong nonetheless surpass an alpha, overwhelm them along with others all at the same time!?"

"So what are you saying?" - Percy

"I'm saying that what if it wasn't intentional like she pleaded, you previously mentioned your friend Lucas. He was a child born with an incompatible gift and terrible burden, but he was able to exert so much power to where he became something else entirely?" Her facial expressions turning serious but determined for a cause

"I don't understand... so all of a sudden wolves are losing their senses and becoming slaves to their own power?"

"That's my conclusion" Athena firmly states

"That sounds a painfully lot like a rogue to me, the wolf side swallowing up the human consciousness? Issue is there's no telling of what is causing it" Adam says while sitting back on the bed with Percy folded up in his arms, making me a tad bit jealous that I haven't even found my mate yet...

"I have one idea, but I can't say it for sure yet so I'll avoid jinxing our fate." - Athena

"C'mon and spit it out, we aren't all knowledge hogging animals like you" Adam calls her out in a joking manner, becoming impatient at her indecisiveness

"There's something similar with each occurrence that I'll leave for your minds to wander, but why? I can't say for sure. For now I'm gonna start calling these uncontrollable wolf states "Frenzy" for the sake of simplicity, anyone against this?"

"Nope!" Our room chants in unison as we agree that it's pointless to try and fight this clear imbalance of nature that's spreading through our lives.

"So...are we heading to the pack or what?" - Yasmine

"Yup, I guess we are. But anyone else hungry as hell? We haven't eaten in...too long" - Percy

"We age slower and don't need to consume as much food as humans, you'll live Percy" Athena responds but getting interrupted by the growling stomach of Adam

"Yeah...I'm with Percy, food first" He gets up, wrapping Percy around his chest like a baby and darting off in the direction I assume to be...the kitchen?

"I hate his childish nature, but I can't stop him once he gets going so let's follow them before they fuck up the kitchen" Athena's eyes gleaming with terror almost as if she's reminiscing of that exact event that happening.

"These two are gonna be a dangerous pair aren't they...?" Yasmine asks, referring to Percy and Adam I assume

"I made him into that danger, gimme credit where it's due!" I proudly state remembering all the times I tormented him when he was little, ah...trauma just adds that little bit of spice someone needs to mature correctly, right? Or am I thinking of something else.

 

Author's note: I want skittles...and peanuts...and to-nvm Idk what I'm doing with my life anymore lmao. Enjoy my traumatic head fantasies develop into people. 

1