The Prayer
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy's POV

Munching on some bread after losing my appetite to that surreal fall I look up and down the gigantic dining table, pack members all eating and conversing like a growing family. "Watch out!" Some kids yell at Thomas, hoping he avoids a piece of flung food...he didn't.

"I can't be left alone can I?" I sighs and looks to Athena, her face showing small signs of guilt from dragging him down here.

"Sorry, but I wasn't gonna leave you up there alone" She admits

"It's fine, I'm gonna go wash up so I'll be back in a sec"

"We'll be here" I cheer out as he walks away to the shared room we got given for the time being.

"Percy eat" Adam nudges me, trying to feed me aeroplane style

"I'm gonna vomit if that goes anywhere near me"

"So you're saying you wouldn't vomit for me?"

"Adam what are you even saying" I feel my face scrunch up from whatever he's trying to accomplish here

"I have no clue, it sounded significantly better in my head"

"How the hell did that sound any better in your head" My words making him pout and making me feel slightly bad for his clear brain malfunction. "I'll eat if you promise to take me to Rainbow Falls" I begin to bargain with him

"Is that place actually real?" Athena comments after overhearing our conversation

"Dunno but considering you guys live in a region that never floods despite endless rain, I assume a never-ending rainbow would be possible."

"I suppose so, Adam take the boy so I can come with you" She pleads to her brother as his face now looks stressed at the request

"You both want me to find some imaginary place that you nerds have only came across in some texts?"

"Yup" We say in unison, using the power of puppy eyes I'm truly irresistable

"Nope" He says with a deadpanned tone

"Nope?" I ask just to confirm I'm hearing him right

"Nope"

"Guess I'm not eating then, guess we both lose here huh?"

"I lose nothing, eating is for you"

"Ho-" My mouth being shoved full of food with the spoon he was holding

"You talk too much, I needed to fill you with something to shut you up. And I can confirm we both know which was the appropriate option here" He smirks after holding my jaw shut until I swallow the food

"YOU-" His hand covering my mouth again

"Percy shhhhh, you're being mean to my sensitive ears" He knowingly torments my lack of power over him

"So we're going now that Percy ate...right?" Athena asks, making Adam realise his error of making me eat

"Shit"

"HA!" I mock him, getting up to go wash my face before he can hold me down with his food covered hands again, "Where do you think you're going?" He asks

"Just over there" I point towards where Thomas headed off to, preferably to wash my body clean of this man's sins rubbing all over me.

-

I...do believe I'm lost, Daybreak all over again. "Come" a whispering voice guides me, the pack built like an open village with it's own roads and houses and the ceiling of the cave like structure still retaining that aquatic blue view. "Maybe I should of asked Yue for directions before she left...and before I decided to run off on my own" I ponder outload.

"You're getting closer" The whisper's voice becoming more clearer

"If this is something preparing to drag me off into the afterlife can you sound more aggressive please, the soft tone is making me very uneasy" I call out but she clearly disregards my attempt of humour

"Stop!" The voice halting me in my place as I peer around, trying to find the source only to see a lake, a thick blue hue on the surface. Barely even visible that it's water in front of me I become curious and stretch out my hand to touch it.

"I wouldn't advise that" A slow spoken tone calls towards me, taking my attention from the water and onto her instead

"Why not?" I ask

"That lake's water is the body of our protector, Freya. Her life cast aside and spirit forced into this body of water, she looks over us with the intent of guidance. Those impure who touch her body will be broken down like nutrients to a tree.

"I don't understand?" I continue to question her as I step towards her in an attempt to reposition myself but my foot slips on the grass outlining the lake, causing me to stumble backwards and plummeting directly into the water.

"Percy...Percy..." My name being repeated over and over as the water's colour changes to a blood red...am I dying?

My vision fading to pure darkness I begin to see faint outlines of a hulking figure walking towards me, the image becoming clearer as I completely lose touch with the reality I'm familiar with.

-

"IT'S ME! CALM DOWN!" Throwing his sword to the side but its sound being drowned out by the many voices outside the walls yelling and screaming names, his arms reaching over to me as my body runs to the other side of the room. His face was a wolf...but an exaggerated snout, his chest bulked up and standing tall. The front of his foot laying flat on the ground as his heel is arched upward allowing him to stand on his two feet...this man was a Lycan. One of his eyes glowing a rich gold while the other is still carrying the normal humanlike hazel. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He bows down to the floor, nearly stumbling at his abnormal body almost as if he isn't used to it. Behind him I see a mirror, my reflection. My figure is that of a woman's, my hair a scarlet colour that sits on top of my cream gown.

I stare down at this creature, very capable of murdering me but instead he's here. Laying in front of me exposed and vulnerable...sobbing to himself. I lean down and touch his face, "Oracion?" My body speaks, making the Lycan look up to me with hope in his eyes.

-

The vision fading as it jumps to a dark forest, the Lycan standing in front of me and holding out his arms. My body jumping into him for an embrace, this scene being played out over...over...over and over again but each time I noticed something different, my stomach getting bigger. Until one replay of the vision It's small once again but this one's different...the Lycan staring at me with an abnormal look. His grey fur standing up on every inch of his body, the surrounding winds beginning to howl and cutting my clothing with each passing rotation.

"Freya...I can't...anymore" He stumbles from tree to tree, sending them slamming down with each sway of his body. His frame and height noticeably increased from the first time I saw him, "Run...please!" He calls out, the golden eye flashing with different shades until it settles on the colour of the sun.

"I won't, I'm not afraid of you!" My body's voice sounding familiar but carrying a deep emotion with each word. I walk in closer but he swipes down, cutting my arm with his claws that continue slicing the tops of trees. "RUN!" He booms out, my body taking his words this time as I run in the opposite direction. Hearing the trees collapsing behind me and the thumping sound of feet galloping after me I see a clearing, the moon dull but still shining deep into a lake. Feeling a heavy pressure slam me from behind I get shoved into the water not nearly as deep as it appears...crawling back as I see the Lycan approaching me with tears flowing from his eyes, only increasing in volume with each closer step he takes. My blood soaked arm leaking into the water as it turns into a crimson hue with our eyes meeting, the winds pausing as if time has stopped, "It's okay" My body sobs out as I stand up once again...extending my hand to his chest and looking him into his eyes. Both of us crying as his arms wrap around me, the last peaceful embrace not preparing me for the shock going down my spike. A giant jolt of electricity jumping all throughout my body, "I love you...protect them" My voice fading, body falling limp and his grey muzzle being coated in blood as he devours me, feeling his tears through my torn clothing and down my back as his final act of resistance.

 

Author's note: Slight bias, but I do have two favourite characters so far, any guesses as to who?

1