A Man Of Many
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Athena's POV

We made our way to this tree that takes the look of something from a greyscale shading, it's leaves the only sort of colour laying on it. Of course only after settling down Adam, leaving him with Yasmine and Thomas who luckily returned as we were just leaving. Adam's face finally looked at peace, resting without a tensed muscle in sight it did bring me joy in a way. I've seen the way he's been acting ever since he became alpha and it's breaking him, he just won't say anything cause of our father digging that toxic mindset into him-show nothing and feel nothing, just keep going forward. Vile old man.

-

"Percy she said over here right?" I ask him, receiving a simple nod in return which makes me a little confused by his silence. Walking up to the tree by taking a simple straight path with that connects to a small island surrounded by the lake, slowly regaining it's unnatural blue colour but still lingering with remnants of red. "Ah, here you are." Selene greets us with a humbling smile.

"Thanks for meeting with us, can we jump right to the questions?" - Athena

"Sure, let me just sit down for a moment" Selene lifts herself into a small opening in the tree that looks perfect for her small frame, "Okay, what would you like to know?"

"The Megalo, I don't understand what's causing it."

"You waste no time approaching the subject, listen in so you don't get lost. I presume you're aware of the stories about the first of our kind, the three gods that made our very existence possible for this day?"

"No I'm very unaware in that subject due to our Elder being killed in a lightning incident, the texts he was writing were mostly destroyed as collateral damage. Only recently I found out about there was once a time where there were different gods, we only knew about the Moon Goddess who was meant to be watching over us"

"Ah I see, truly an unfortunate outcome that you have my sympathies for. But I have nothing but surprises for you then, whether that be for the good or the bad." She pulls out a few pages that look worn with time, scraps from a whole copy almost. "First let me read out what I have gathered from the remaining pieces of this fallen book, to perhaps shed some light on the subject"

-

Narrator's POV

He cursed them, a price reasonable for the sin they committed. The three tyrannical god woven wolves who sought it upon themselves to kill the Goddess. And Anubis who wanted nothing but peace even after looking over the mistake that I am, sealed away like the rest of them. Everyone descending from their bloodline, doomed to become a calamity to their own world so long as those actions are repeated over and over through the ages. I wasn't the only one of my kind, The beast who swallowed the moon and the beast who devoured the sun. Their actions just a replication to what their father did to me, I was rejected by my own people. Shoved to the side and tossed away like nothing...I won't allow for it. Me, the man with an uncountable amount of titles...anything but my name being used throughout time, cast to nothing as if I myself didn't even exist. A hollow fleshed incarnate labelled as their saviour. My old name abandoned and forgotten, I look back once more at the home I once knew. Engulfed by flames with the screaming and cries of both children and adult alike, I didn't want to. But they wouldn't accept my blood, I won't stand for her last remnants of this world to lay to waste. I was The First, I was Human, I am The Beast they now know me as. Nothing but more titles on titles that I am sick of hearing, I'll wander through time. Correcting what should of been done from the start...nothing but my own power holding me to this world, I look into the mirror one last time at my figure. My eye, Her eye, those only inherited by these that I hold close to me...

-

Athena's POV

"From what I believe, this curse that is mentioned should be what we now know as The Megalo. Actions being repeated through eras as it plays over and over again, by what means? I believe the next page I have should explain that as well." Selene explains while turning to the equally damaged page that looks like it was torn from a different part entirely.

-

Narrator's POV

Again and again I kill. I eat, I kill and I eat. His replacements and attempts, tied to what he hates the most. The hypocritical actions of the gods showing once again, The Goddess' final will, a curse, a new way to bound him. An act that caused all of the remaining Gods to forfeit their time in this world and succumb to the bodies of near mortals, the ones unable to find compatibility forced to linger in the fields. Swirling and inhabiting the ground, winds, sea and nature itself. I've seen them grow...I've seen them die, the bloodlines I made, losing their ageless sense and retaining a less permanent mark unlike me. The generations I've passed through, wars I've ended, people I've befriended. I'm losing myself...I don't want to do this anymore, but he won't stop. I hear his heartbeat, his scent and tone all focused into the flesh bodies that he once mocked and laughed at, his sons falling to the same fate. Their bloodlines also observed by me, is this what I am now? Nothing but the corrector for the ones that were meant to be perfect, the irony. I remember one in particular...she lived far longer than what I usually allow, another one of the mistakes I made. His reincarnation coming closer and closer as nature bends to his very existence, influencing those around her as she innocently causes nothing but death in her presence. They wanted what she had, that undisputed power of a God although untamed and nothing but destruction at it's core.

-

Athena's POV

"It's would like to think that the cycle ended there...but recent events through the use of my gift I understand that our world we know is very much not that lucky." - Selene

"A man once human but now turned into an ageless being that does nothing but seek revenge? Does this not sound familiar to you Percy?" I turn to him to see a reaction, but absolutely nothing. Just a dull expression as he continues to face the ground like from the moment Selene began reading. "Percy...?"

"Let me ask you something young one, how did you find that lake?" Her question directed to Percy

"What do you mean?" I ask her

"Pack houses hold a curse, structures built from the materials in those very cursed lands. A member who isn't from that household is unable to freely wander without the guise of confusion, a maze like appearance to their mind. So long as they are not given permission, it's increasingly difficult for them to navigate." Selene began to describe, making me curious to Percy's answer.

"The voice, it lead me." He finally speaks

"And why would she speak to you? I've never heard of her speaking to anyone other than myself, Yue and one other."

"She said she wanted me to find her"

"And why is that?"

"I do not know" His tone completely flipping on itself, uncasing a deeper sound to it that caught me unguarded.

"Athena, I would like you to recall that the story I read out. I've touched that lake before, as have many others of this pack. So why was Percy broken apart?"

"I-don't know, are you trying to say that Percy isn't pure?" Stuttering a little bit at the accusation she's trying to call out

"I'm saying that is not the person you're familiar with. Or at least part of him." She stares deeply at him, making my eyes follow suit.

"Are you trying to say I'm not me? Pretty fucking sick of you to say that when you've just met me, isn't it?" He blurts out, face held high as if he's trying to look down on us. Admittingly a little bit thrown off by him I reach out to touch him but he snatches his arm out of my grasp. He's not stronger than me. An unmated Luna who was nothing but a normal wolf beforehand.

His eyes growing colder as his glare focuses more on the water...booming of thunder alarmingly stuns the entire atmosphere, similarly to how it was back at my pack. Only this time sounding even louder.

๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ

๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ

๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ

Ticking three times like a countdown going by it's own rules. "Athe...na" Percy's body swaying in a drunken state until he falls on the grass by my feet.

1