Reunion
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yasmine's POV

We've all got the same emotions, that goes for Alphas and everyone alike. Seeing him tremble under the embrace of his own sister I can't help but feel sad. I don't know what they went through but he needs someone, and that someone's Percy no matter what someone says. "We need to get back...to Daybreak" Thomas whispers out in my lap, "We planned to don't worry, I imagine Percy's making his way there too" I tell him with an exaggerated tone to cheer him up. His body covered by some clothes I found in our room, his body colder than normal from the broken hole above us.

"Guys!" I call the attention of the other two, ultimately disrupting their moment but I have nothing but bad impressions from us staying in this pack any longer.

"We're leaving? Yeah didn't count on us staying." Athena and Adam carry each other towards us, Yue following just a little bit behind.

"I'll stay here for my pack, we'll send someone over if we need to pass any information."

"Alright thank you...but how do we get out? You mentioned it wasn't the way in"

"The same route Percy knew to take...although I'm surprised he could see the exact location of it" She points towards the lake but I can't see anything through it's unnatural colour.

"Uh is there meant to be something there?" I question

"There's a passage similar to the one you entered through, think of the place you want to be the most. You'll be sent to the closest cursed zone through there"

"Why a cursed zone? I think that's the least we need right now"

"I'm sorry but it's the only method out, there aren't any dangerous zones surrounding Daybreak if I remember right" She pulls a face while looking upwards as if thinking heavily, "If I recall correctly there shouldn't be, so we'll be fine" I break her thoughts, leaning Thomas towards the water.

"You can swim right?" I ask him in curiosity

"...I should be able to" He pulls himself to his legs, stretching out and clicking a few joints

"I'll tie everyone's wrists to my hair, just grab on and I'll swim for us" - Athena

"You're gonna pull all of us?"

"I pray all of you don't weigh me down like boulders..." She sighs

"Are you calling me fat?" I look down to my stomach making her feel the guilt...oh do I love telling people that one

"What, of course not!?" Athena panics and quickly ties us all together, rushing to get into the water and excused from the comment

"Can we just go already...these people clearly don't want us here" Adam coldly remarks, but I honestly agree. The previous welcoming air they had to them now gone and drained, I healed Athena from the attack and she seems perfectly fine. But Adam...he was going to kill them all if he wasn't stopped, and he certainly wouldn't of came back from it. Before I could respond to him we all yelp in surprise as we get tugged into the water, Athena pulling all of us at once. I guess she really could...damn she's so cool.

The water feels thick like it's grabbing onto me, it most certainly isn't hurting me but it's most definitely disgusting to be in. Swimming with all of us in motion now we quickly approach the opening Yue was mentioning, water not even seeping in as if the place is blocked off but it very clearly isn't. Athena going in first and standing in place, Adam, Thomas then me. Tapping our feet as if waiting for something to happen unlike the first time when we first just jumped into the hole.

"So...is it gonna do it's thing or do we have to hit a button or something?" I ask in the silent room, all headshakes in response like clueless children.

"Maybe if we all jump together?"

"Ya'know what, fuck it." Adam agrees making Athena smile at his mood change

"3, 2, 1-" Our unison countdown interrupted by the cracking sound of air being pushed from under us, a sudden burst sends us flying into the air and making me giggle with the tingly feeling over my body.

"EVERYONE REMEMBER DAYBREAK!" Thomas screams, in between all of us with mixed reactions. Athena's hair in a frenzy from the pressure, Adam holding his stomach in sick position and Thomas calmly sitting there like it's an everyday occurrence. Oh me? Cheering for my life.

"WOOOOOOO! WHY DON'T WE DO THIS EVERYDAY!" An uncontainable laughter bursts from me, a skydiving like feel as I flop back and forth from a starfish to cannonball.

"SHUT-UP-PLEASE!" Adam gags between his words. The hair between us still tethering but causing us to slowly bundle up together as it ties itself.

"FUCKING PERECT!" Adam screams once more as we get sewed together like a cotton ball

"ADAM IF YOU VOMIT ON MY HAIR I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF!" Athena blurts

"WEEEEEEE!" I spin the humanoid ball from wall to wall as we bounce off them like a weightless air bubble.

"YASMINE I'LL KILL YOU MYSELF, TOO!" He adds onto Athena's threat.

"I SEE IT!" I shift the ball so that I face the open ceiling, an image of the pack...house. "PERCY!?" I scream, making the ball turn cause Adam throws his weight to face it. "HE'S SAFE!" 

"NOW STOP THREATENING PACKS OVER HIM" A blinding light covers our vision, opening them back up to see the sky...so peaceful. The sky...height. We're falling.

"SHIT!" Adam shrieks out, we land in a pit full of dirt much to my distaste but luckily carrying no bounce. The ball unravels itself person by person, each rolling off to their own space. "Could of sworn I saw Percy...hmm" I ponder out loud, scanning the floor we're on and seeing his body lying flat face first in the ground.

"Hmm yep looks like we killed him his time for sure Adam, sorry about that"

"YASMINE!" He booms, making me skip away from the breathing body. "Your prince is fine chill out, we probably just a broke a few of...how many bones do we have? Yeah all of them." 

"Guys"

"I'm...fine" His dirt covered face looks up, dusting it off with a grumpy expression. "Whatever woman screamed landing body first into me needs to die"

"Adam your mate just called you a bitch, you gonna take that?" I feed the fuel to flames. 

"Oh it was Adam!" He explodes into laughter, falling back onto the floor and rolling by his feet.

"Yeah yeah that's funny, now shut up" He pulls Percy up to his face and gives him a soul sucking kiss...mates. Never did see the pleasure in wanting to eat someone else's face but hey maybe that's just a mate thing that I don't understand yet. I'm good being a solo since I've got me, myself and I...the best company...I'm not lonely.

"Why did you run Percy..." Adam asks

"You were all scared of me, I killed Selene and her corpse rot cause of me. I didn't want to be there anymore, gazed at like a wild animal by my own friends.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel like that Percy, that wasn't my intention. I admit I was scared myself and just trying to be weary of you" Athena apologises, pulling him from Adam briefly and hugging him. The poor boy being passed around like a celebration turkey...hmm turkey.

"GUYS!" Thomas yells between us, "Do you not see that in the distance!?" He gestures us towards the now darkened sky, flames riding the winds and flowing upward from something.

"If we're in this place...then that's the pack house" I cry out in recognition of the surroundings. I was told there were two locations but I wasn't there that day it all happened...that Radiant Night. All of us switching attitudes and darting towards the flames without a further mention. "HURRY UP!" Thomas once again yells. Our dash towards our home increasing in pace as best as we can, all our bodies sore with the fatigue we still carry.

"Wait!" I halt us, the countless noises of paws slapping across the floor and blurs dashing past my vision. "Rogues" I hush out, "They're not...attacking us. This isn't rogue behaviour." Adam assures us all though not helping my anxiety of being at the centre of these savages just brushing past us like a school of fish. "They're headed to the pack house!?" Percy recognises. But why ignore us entirely, the thought confusing me but having no time to ponder I just follow alongside my friends.

-

We all come out of the forest, seeing the full frame of our home. Our pack house being attacked, the grass covered floor now burnt to black and our friends and family fighting for their lives. "What happened..." Tears slowly seeping through my eyes, looking over and seeing Thomas and Percy showing the similar reflectiveness in their eyes. 

"PERCY HELP CHRIS!" Mercy rushes past the rogues, tackling into the ones that refused to move. Kicking them down and cooking them in place. 

"What's wrong with him!?"

"I saw him walking towards the basement with blood along his body in a drowsed state...I don't know why he went down there but he was ignoring my voice entirely. And then one by one the rogues just piled on like relentless waves before I could even attempt to get him back."

"We'll get him don't worry"

"Yasmine stay out her, I trust you to fight with me? Plus I can help to put out the flames before there's too much damage to the pack house" Adam cuts me off, but admittingly I agree to his plan.

"I'm sorry Percy but we'll be apart for a little bit longer, stay close to Athena and stay safe. I'll reach you with telepathy to make sure everything's alright after" He kisses him on the head, pushing his back in encouragement towards the front doors. His teary eyed form the last thing we see before the doors close once more.

-

"Let's fuck 'em up" Cheering out before my body shifts into my favourite coloured wolf, Adam following suit and meeting up with Mercy to help fight the hordes of wolves. Each of my paws that touch the ground igniting the grass and sending cinders up past my eyes...yeah I'm pissed that these overgrown rats believe they can take us. I'm pissed that my family is being harmed, I deserve to be.

1