Her Misguided Wish
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scarlet's POV (Mental plain)

I can see myself in an almost surreal state, I can hear the screams and tears that I'm causing. A mirror showing me a reflection of myself, of what I used to be. I didn't want to be abandoned again...that was it. I watch the person I called my family revel in tears as he closes a door on my face, nothing but the crackling of fire and collapsing wood. I won't be left behind...not again, please.

Ascending a staircase he stares at me with a heart wrenching look of sadness and grief. The space around me bursting alight, the pain of my own tears being replaced by cinders and every breath I take feels like lava. My flesh and organs burning up and turning molten...he did this to me, he made me stronger. He never did say it'll be my own power...the power of a Lycan, the power meant for a god handed down to my mortal flesh. 

"Eden it's no wonder you lost to him" I turn around and stare into the motionless head that's painted in the walls of my mind. The head he made me drink from along with his own, a peaceful expression plastered onto her face. Maybe I'll be able to share that peace once my time is done here. 

It hurts. It hurts so much. I just wanted my family to accept me, I didn't want to hurt Chris and I didn't want to hurt anyone. I gave up my will the moment I accepted his kindness..."One must have chaos within oneself to give birth to a dancing star" a laughable quote that he nicknamed me from. "Star", that's what he'd lure me in with and give me that false hope. I'm here now, and I see the gates holding my future. 

Staring into the mirror one last time and seeing my own gaze sliding down my body, slumping into the floor like a rock to a pond. A feeling of terror washing over me, this man. He wants to hurt Percy, the last of the strength I have...let me bloom into flames. 

-

Percy's POV

"Oracion?" The ringing sound of the blade gliding through the air coming to an insatiable halt. 

"Why...do you know that name"

"It's what she called you" I look away from his eyes, his pupils flashing with an unreadable intensity. The air around us gradually picking up in pace, "My name. Is Aeon." 

"Your sword...your eyes, are you not the Hero told through stories?" Athena calls out, removing her leg from the rubble trapping it. His enormous figure shifting uncomfortably.

"Hero, beast, fool. I was all of them, and now I'm just the lingering will of a lost man. And I'm afraid I need to kill this vessel, but I ponder something. Why did I not find you earlier on in your life...you appear to be older than the rest." 

"And what makes it okay for you to just kill him!?" Adam stands beside me, noticeably shaking but still standing firm with a clenched fist.

Our weary tension being broken when Scarlet's body explodes into a blue combustion of flames. Adam taking the chance to pick me up, Athena wrapping Thomas, Chris and following suit as we dive through the walls of the weakened pack house.

We fall onto the grass far enough from the dangers of the flames, bodies upon bodies of rogues and pack members alike laying around us. The place I once called home now lit up in a deep blue coat of flames as it lights up the night like day, we watch in silence. The flames no longer even making a sound in my ears, a serene moment overlapping the death spiralling around us.

The man who calls himself Aeon, staring at us with an intense look. Unphased by the flames and instead embracing it, the winds becoming visible as they swirl towards him like children being called to their parent. Gathering more until they converge into a hurricane around the pack house, the blue flames convulsing with the grey winds. Twisting higher around itself until finally collapsing in and releasing a gentle wave of heat against us, the once firm standing pack house now reduced to rubble, nothing but his standing figure looking up into the gleaming dark sky with blue flickers of light trailing off his armour. He turns to us, and even for a brief moment I could of sworn...he was crying. 

"You know nothing of what I've lived through, you know nothing for the sacrifices I have made. You know nothing for the lives I've taken, and you know nothing for the future that boy holds." He stomps towards us, his feet no longer thudding like before.

"Then say it, you owe us that much before killing one of us!" Athena screams

"You would do well to not raise your voice to the one who birthed your kind. You are from the Rainmakers are you not?"

"Y-yes, but how did you know?" She stutters

"Each of the three god woven wolves are tied to a pack's bloodline, that boy there. The wolf he holds is the one related to the now founded Rainmaker pack. Every wolf is a descendant of Fenrir, but that pack specifically carries the burden of his reincarnation. Now the true question is, in what way do you want to die?"

"Wait please! You mentioned sacrifices, do you mean...Freya?" I try to plead, his stature growing aggressive with the name leaving my mouth.

"I kill the rebirth of the wolves, they're born into the bodies of children but cannot emerge until the age of 14 I've come to discover. Time after time I would hunt these, kill, and eat. But again, why do you know that name along with my own. I've discarded it and come to terms with a new one. Oracion was just a human."

"Excuse me?" Adam stands up, clenching his fist once again.

"Did I falter in my words? It would serve you best to keep the violence to yourself, I do not like bloodshed. I simply do what's asked of me." Oracion's eyes lighting up in colour, easily outshining Adam's. 

"You killed innocent children." Adam quotes with a dead tone.

"I did what was to come of their nature, I do not regret my actions. I come to greet my demons in whatever form they take, such is the experience of time"

"Adam please." I reach over to him, sitting him back down beside me before all of us get slaughtered by this essence of death. Continuing on to answer his question, "I fell into a lake, it showed me something...the first time you-" A booming thunder strike interrupting me as he slams his foot down.

"Lake. I need to search for this once I'm done here." He picks up his sword once again attempting to cut me, too fast for me to even see the blade mid stroke. The only reason why he stopped this time...Chris' body standing in front of me. His leg restored as if he wasn't cut in the first place, the blade's stopping force still sending a shockwave across the burnt grass.

In favour of our history, do not kill this boy. Oracion." Chris stares at the Lycan who still easily dwarfs a tree. "Anubis. You shouldn't of been able to reincarnate in this land, why are you here."

"Anubis?" I question the body of my friend.

"This man I hold is not of this world it seems, but the result of him being sired to Fenrir heavily...delayed me." He completely ignores my question, instead continuing to have a conversation with Oracion.

"What do you mean not of this world?" The seemingly all knowing Lycan now gives a look of confusion, stabbing his sword into the ground and folding his arms.

"I do not know...but if it was not Persephone's doing. Then I can only assume the worst."

"Um, excuse me?" I try to butt in

"I have only remained here across time, killing the mistakes that I've made and following the cycle of death the Moon Goddess blessed us with." He sighs in annoyance...appearing more human than before and unsettling me a little.

"She wanted-" Anubis cutting me off

"I'm sorry you've done this alone, I-"

"HI!" I yell between them, their eyes now both uncomfortably sitting on me. Noticing Chris' now pitch black and reminding me of what Cliodhna was explaining. He truly is from the underworld... 

"Speak" 

"Persephone...she needed Anubis to open the gates with her so we could get...a mirror?"

"The mirror of Amaterasu, I'm aware of it. But if you're trying to seal Fenrir in it then I wish you the best, a feat nobody has been able to do. Bound the Unbound, I feel for you. But your time truly is running out." Anubis calmly explains.

"You believe you're leaving this space to begin with?" Oracion's eyes gleam once again, the winds beginning to build along with his emotions.

"We...actually needed you to help as well." Athena speaks to him, reminding me that we can't go there in these bodies.

"And why would I do this?"

"Do you not want to end the cycle you've carried out through generations? I personally would like to see this play out, albeit I have no hope in it." Anubis defends us, Oracion taking a moment before glancing back down to us and responding.

"A favour to you, but nothing but another burden for me to carry out for these..." His head peers between us, landing on Thomas. "You. You're welcome for weakening Fenrir's sire." He smugly smiles, showing his fanged teeth.

"YOU TORTURED ME!" Thomas shrieks out

"Such was a necessary process, you were tied to him from the moment you met this boy, same goes for the one Anubis hosts."

"Fuck off" He angrily rejects the man, still sitting silent in fear of him but nonetheless at his own pace.

"So, Persephone. Where is she?" Anubis asks, only for Adam to intervene

"Percy, where's your Alpha?"

"I-don't know" I stutter out, confused because he wasn't with Minerva for once. 

"We can't waste time on an Alpha who isn't even present, can we make our way to this Persephone person and be done with it?" Athena comments impatiently, although I can't blame her.

"Just go and we will follow." Anubis finalizes, Oracion groaning in dismay but still continuing with us...luckily.

1