Discorded Ideals
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adam's POV

"You see me. Don't you?" Reve smirks to himself after eyeing down Thomas, turning around and dropping the chains to my pack members but that isn't enough to satisfy me. "You don't get to just walk away after coming in here and disrespecting my pack."

"And you're going to stop me?" He calls from a distance, his feet pounding on the carpet unmatched to his appearance. Leaving a clear opening for me to attack him much to the dismay of Alex who's silently shaking his head for me not to do it. You don't get to just treat one of my own like trash and leave unharmed.

Crashing to my knees with a shock of pain as my bones reposition themselves, I shift and dig my claws into the carpet while charging at him. His figure tensing up as he becomes aware of my hatred fuelled growls.

"You...aren't leaving" I breathe out while hurling my legs toward him, his overly calm demeanour pissing me off even more with a cocky glare that's whipped across his face. Leaping up to him but a sudden pain in my ribs launches me into the wall, falling rubble hits my head as I rapidly blink open my eyes and focus my vision on the familiar equally pitch black wolf in front of me.

"Good job Rane, teach your unruly child some manners" He laughs with a hand smacked across his chest, continuing to walk off.

"ALEX!" I call for my beta to follow him while I deal with my father who seems so intent with the downfall of this pack, my gaze wandering between his legs as I count them. Memories of what I did to his back one, nothing but the result of my endless torment and pain.

"Adam...stop" His eyes full of doubt but his body in contrast to his words as we circle around each other

"Why" I huskily breathe out with our wolves fully content in tearing each other apart. The wall behind me crumbling away into a darkened room only lit by the moonlight seeping through the clouds of the cursed zone outside. Walking back into it and causing him to follow me into it, our yellow eyes the only indication that we're actually there with the black pelts simply melting into the dark.

"Survival" I hear his last words that hit me to my core, all his actions towards me and Athena. All his sins and faults blamed solely on this "Survival" that he speaks so fondly of. The snapping bite of his wolf clearly eager to stop me, but this time...it's different, my mind screams to me that I can't lose this one.

Pounding the floor with my feet and hearing his nails chatter across the marbled floor I face the man I called my Father, the one who was left to raise us and has done all but that. I'm at my limit and I'll admit, I need him to understand me even if it's just for this moment. No matter how loud my friends call from behind me, I'm doing this.

I grab hold of his scruff and bite down, the yelping of his wolf sending a little shiver up my spine but I have no intentions of stopping. Feeling his claws thrashing against my legs trying to break free of me as my pieces of my fur gets pulled off me. His body goes limp for a second, letting me toss him back into the lit hall. Breaking down the doors to his room, jumping back onto him with a floor cracking force and trying to bite down on his throat but ultimately he manages to get mine first.

"STOP!" I keep hearing Yasmine chant behind me but I've been emotionally prepared for this moment from that day, he was going to kill me. That same look, the same deathly stare and tone that he's radiating. It's all the same as that sinned day.

'Adam' Loch swaps over with me, stomping down his paw and breaking Rane's front leg with a deafening crack. The floor beneath us giving way as we tumble into each other onto the ground floor, some pack members that were hidden away now scampering out their rooms and away from us. The fall knocking us both to the solid ground and away from each other, his bloodied black fur dripping as he stands firm and ignorant on his obviously broken leg.

"You've wanted...to kill me...for years" He hums out

"You have...no idea" Both our eyes gleam with gold as the windows begin to shake with vibrations, the outside rain bursting in and slicing both of us, we stand still and with confidence as the swirling blades of liquid continue in a maelstrom of blood and rain coating the furniture around us. A contest of endurance that I was winning, his swaying body finally giving up and falling to the floor. Carrying my blood soaked self and wet throat towards his body for a final moment.

"I wish we...were happy" He calmly closes his eyes, I gather the water in the room and prepare to finish him until a booming crash halts me in place. "Stop!" A recognisable child's voice pings through the room, my little brother Ray full of tears and a snotty nose as usual. Being held by Yasmine against the doorframe with panic thrown all across her face. I look away from them and back onto the wolf under me, the image of a monster beating his father to death. That's the image he's painting right now, and it's the one he's gonna have forever. Rane coughing out a sticky dark blood and opening his eyes once again, returning to his hazel as he shifts back. The abrasions on his skin rubbing along the debris surrounding us as he painfully brings his body to sit back up. "Alex" He calls out along with another crumbling sound of stone coming down in the distance. 

Prancing out the room and towards the dust filled hallway beside the front doors, I glimpse at Reve leaving our home, his shadow incomparable to his frame as it glides outside the door along with him. "ALEX!?" I unshift and desperately search for my friend, a trail of blood and shattered glass leading me through a hole in the wall, my eyes falling on Alex's twitching body. "YASMINE!" I scream with a croak in my throat, nearly choking on my tears at the sight of him. She runs through the wall in a hurry, her rose eyes colouring through with a reflective tint like she's about to cry.

"I feel it" She whispers to herself, jumping through the fallen stone and making her way to him. Without hesitating she places her hands on him, the previous darkened room now shining with a luminous gold light. Ray walks in beside me, tranced by the lustrous bubbles filling the room and around her. Her intense concentration fixating more on him, "Alex's mate died very early on...as you would know." Rane stumbles not far off behind Ray while holding his broken arm alarming my attention but ultimately walking past me and towards her.

"But it appears...she's found him this time"

"What!?" I question but cringe at the sound of Yasmine's arm snapping and her face becoming sliced up with wounds. "The burden of healing" He calls out, continuing to observe her in awe.

"WAKE THE FUCK UP!" She screams while leaning her full frame onto him, the bubbles bursting with a golden aurora that lines the room's walls. A bit of her blood slashing onto me, I make my way to her face and focus on her teary eyes. The rose diluting to a darker shade...grey almost, but that shouldn't be possible without her Beta...it's my fault he ended up like this. "Please" I murmur at my own mistakes, she tilts her head a little bit towards me and smiles. The light ending abruptly and her body falling onto his.

"Yasmine!" I hold both of them up against the tilted rock before they can't slide off, holding my head to her chest to listen for breathing. After a few moments I feel the intense pressure of my chest finally be released in a deep sigh of relief. "Thomas, carry them to room you were in before" his out of breath form catching up to us finally, hunching over and grabbing them both. 

"You. We need to talk" Grabbing Rane by his broken arm and making my way behind Thomas, Ray's small feet walking just behind us. Glancing at the doors that still remain open with some rain leaking inward, kissing my teeth at the thought that he was able to leave such a mark on us but leave freely.

1